So, I think my laptop is ruined.... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Old 05-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
love, blood, life
Local Time: 02:23 PM
So, I think my laptop is ruined....

When I went to turn it go online this morning to check my e-mail before work, I noticed my "s" key wasn't working. I started checking the others and found out my "a", "s" "d", "f", "j", "k", "l", and ": ;" are all not working. If I press them nothing happens. The rest are working fine. I took into Office Depot, which is where I got it, and the guy said they can't do anything to fix it. WTF? Now I have to use my mom's desktop, and I hate it. Is the guy at Office Depot right, or is he a moron like a lot of them are? Anyone have an idea about what might be wrong? Thanks in advance either way!

U2isthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 01:23 PM
So, just the keyboard isn't working? The trackpad and mouse buttons work? I would think all you need is a keyboard replacement. If it's still under warranty, you can get it replaced. The Office Depot guy probably doesn't know what he's talking about

What kind of laptop is it? I'm sure all you have to do is call their customer service line (provided the warranty is still good on it) and you'll have to send it in for service.

onebloodonelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:14 AM   #3
Local Time: 03:53 AM
You know what, the same thing happened to me? I think maybe, a circuit has come loose so yeah, a replacement is in order for you unless it is under warranty or the little leads to those certain keys have degraded.

I thought the Microsoft keyboards were pretty reliable but apparently not. I just bought a new media keyboard for it and it cost me $59, but hey I have warranty and it should work.

I'm pretty rough on games and that kind of stuff as well so if a keyboard lasts me a year, that's pretty damn good.
drewhiggins is offline   Reply With Quote