Should I buy a MacBook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
indra said:
What is the advantage to keeping a computer on all the time?

For the reasons mankcur posted, we've kept all of our computers on all the time: my father's, the shared one for my other brothers, and mine. They take forever to reboot.

I just turn my screen off when I'm not using it.

I bought a MacBook earlier this year for study and it has been great so far (the real test however is when I am actually enrolled to study :wink: ) using OS X took a bit of getting used to but beyond that for all intensive purposes it's great. I also got iWork '08 when it came out and have been getting the hang of it, the Keynote presentation program can do presentations that look nicer than Powerpoint. Pages definitely looks like it can do the job for my thesis although figuring my way around citations could take a little effort when the time comes.

I couldn't justify paying the extra for the pro on the basis that I have a DVD burner in my desktop, I do my gaming and entertainment off my desktop and I can spend my limited money in better ways, on the plus side that minimises distractions :wink:

As far as wireless goes I use cables on between my computers at home, the geoscience building is all cabled and the science-engineering library gives me full wireless connection; there aren't too many issues that I can have with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom