save file down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you can get on the site but I got this error message

"All downloading has been disabled for the next 48 hours during server transfer"

shoooot
"We are currently deploying Version 2. Please sorry for inconvenience.
Copyright ©2004-2006 . All rights reserved."

does this mean everything has to be re-uploaded? =( i hope not

tuwie said:
shoooot
"We are currently deploying Version 2. Please sorry for inconvenience.
Copyright ©2004-2006 . All rights reserved."

does this mean everything has to be re-uploaded? =( i hope not

Unfortunately you're correct tuwie. Apparently all the S F servers were damaged in shipping (not sure why the were being shipped or where). The project info is supposed to be available to us when they're back online, but all files will need to be re-upped.
:sad: :sad:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! =(
hahahah dang.
will our project numbers (ex: save file.com/projects/350790) still be the same? cuz if not, that basically means everything in the save file thread is void! *sadness*

They said something about projects being OK since they're saved on a different server than the files. I gathered that the files just needed to be uploaded again, but the projects remain intact. The site is down altogether now, so I don't know what the latest news is. They were going to be working today on putting up new hardware and installing a new version of S F. The new version is supposed to be faster, and at some point, will allow multiple uploads. That, of course, would be very handy to put everything back together again!

*phew*
i was so worried about my projects hahaha
multiple uploads would indeed be appreciated.
and maybe some expandage of the 60 MB limit *crosses fingers* =)

Well this certainly explains why I haven't been able to access my song that I want to download,lol. Just started receiving the deploying Version 2 message today. Hope they get everything working soon.

tuwie said:
i have to start reuploading my stuff
but thank goodness it's back at least ;]

Tuwie we got bad news..It says on the thing that it will only keep your downloaded stuff for only 30 days...:(

tpsglick2424 said:

Tuwie we got bad news..It says on the thing that it will only keep your downloaded stuff for only 30 days...:(

What makes you say this? Nothing's changed as far as I can see -- the policy is still deletion after 30 days of inactivity. I'd had files on the old server for well over a year.

Lynn said:

What makes you say this? Nothing's changed as far as I can see -- the policy is still deletion after 30 days of inactivity. I'd had files on the old server for well over a year.

Really?:eyebrow:

hmm:huh:

According to S F, they plan to increase that 30-day inactivity limit as well. They still haven't worked out all the bugs yet, between setting up new servers and new software. Gotta give 'em time.

Hallucination said:
It tells me that my IP Address has changed and won't let me download. I've never changed my IP Address.:eyebrow:

Go onto their support forums. They want people to post their error messages so they can fix the problems.

Hallucination said:
It tells me that my IP Address has changed and won't let me download. I've never changed my IP Address.:eyebrow:

Are you using a different computer then you are regulary?

Back
Top Bottom