Remote Access Auto Connection Manager

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosSaint

Rock n' Roll Doggie
My friend's Dialup stopped working last week. Thought modem might have gone and installed external modem. Apparently problem was with the phone line and not the modem. Still an issue.

She has Vista.

Anyway question is Remote Access Auto Connection Manager box keeps popping up. She has Trend so maybe that is trying to dial, but it is

1) Annoying because she can't access the internet
2) Would be annoying anyway.

Should the setting be at manual and does that let her control when the computer connects to internet once she can access again and will the popup box keep coming up. If she sets it to disable, I assume that will stop the popup but will it affect any necessary updates by Trend (her security system)? IE, can setting to disable keep anything from working properly?

Thanks. (I feel kind of responsible cause I persuaded her to buy the unneeded external modem and installed it and that's when the popup box showed up.)

When the access does get fixed (Verizon doesn't seem inclined to hurry up and fix it even though it's starting to affect a wider range of dial-up customers), should I uninstall the external modem or would it be better just to switch it back to the original modem and leave the external installed?

I'm sort of the tech between us, God help us both. I don't want to screw up her computer.

Back
Top Bottom