Recovery program needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muad'zin

Refugee
I'm in some serious need of some help here.

I've recently re-installed my PC, and in the process upgraded it from XP Pro to XP Pro SP2. Took me a lot of effort to get that thing install but I finally managed. But now it refuses to recognize one of my harddiscs. I mangaed to get that going but now it claims it needs formatting. I'd lose 76 gigs worth of music, movies and stuff that way. Including the full catalog of U2 on MP3. Can't have that happen, can we?

Can anyone of you recommend me a good recovery program that would allow me to save my data? I have a program called Badcopy 3.something but it is badshit insanely slow. Took me about a full night to recover one gig of a USB stick, let alone 76 gigs.

I've actually had a lot of luck connecting hard drives to my Macs via a ATA or SATA to USB adapter. I guess the Mac doesn't really care about the file structure and all that, and in the past I've been able to copy files off the drives to the Mac just fine.

I've had 100% luck using a recover program called RescuePRO, but as far as I know it only works on drives up to 4GB. I've used it probably a dozen times now on "corrupt" SD cards and USB drives and it has always worked but it's not designed for large drives.

I got "EasyRecovery". It's a nice program and looks very trustable, but I say "looks" cos I've never used it. It has lot of options to choose, depending the way you lost your files. If you know how to use torrents, I can give you the link, I downloaded it in 5 minutes. Or I could up you a link :)

Thanks for your kind suggestions. A guy on another forum recommended Active Undelete. Thanks to it I was able to recover the folders and files that I needed. :applaud:

To say I'm relieved is an understatement.

Back
Top Bottom