Rate your cell/mobile phone service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redkat

Blue Crack Addict
My agreement is up and I need to pick a new plan or provider.

I have cingular and I rarely get dropped calls. $39.99 a month free nights and weekends.

I'm thinking of polling the people I talk to most and getting the same plan so we can talk free but I don't want to end up with a crappy carrier.

So what do you think of your service and what's a good deal?

Verizon suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks here:barf: it makes me ill how much is sucks...but this is VT and we have like 3 towers in the whole state:angry::lol: our plan is up next month and we are going with Cingular:up: glad to hear you like it.

and:uhoh: were the hell am I...I didn't know this place in interference even existed:lol:

Dismantled said:

and:uhoh: were the hell am I...I didn't know this place in interference even existed:lol:

yea this place is like a ghost town, no one comes in here :sad:

I'm thinking of switching to verizon :slant: We have towers EVERYWHERE here so I don't think dropped calls are a big issue but I'm not sure.

A lot depends on your location and how you plan on using your mobile.

Service levels vary depending on location and time of day. A busy freeway interchange will experience higher levels of blocked/dropped calls due to volume of usage.

I was fairly happy with my Nextel phone. There were specific coverage holes in my area. I really enjoyed the Push To Talk component as I could get contact my wife instantly, or get in touch with my sister across the country instantly.

I now use Cingular phones. Better overall coverage with no clear weak areas. I've only dropped one or two calls.

We had Verizon, and never had problems. For work, we sort of had to switch to T-Mobile, and there are definitely more dropped calls with them.

I have cingular and it blows! I have dropped calls all the time. :angry: I don't give a shit what the commercial says, everyone I know around here gets crappy service with Cingualr. They do have good ringtones though. . .:hmm: I make my own ringtones though so, whatever. :wink:

My sister has TMobile and has service everywhere. She could be in a cave in Afghanistan and still make calls. I swear.

you make your own ringtones? you still have to pay to upload them though right?

I've never had a cool ringtone :grumpy:

Now I'm looking into new phones. Anyone strongly dislike the razor?

I don't have to pay to upload them per say, but I do pay a small monthly service fee that lets me access the internet.

Since the razrs were recalled and redistributed I haven't heard anyone complain about them.

I think it's gonna be an extra $9 a month to access internet. I just want one cool ringtone :love:

I can get a razr free after rebate though...

ooh I found this for tmobile ..
* 600 anytime minutes with free long distance
* Unlimited night and weekend minutes
* No Roaming Charges on the T-Mobile Digital Network
* Included features: voice mail, numeric paging, caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, and conference calling.
$39.99

seems like a good deal

do you have access to the hotspots though for net access? that would be cool.

I have TMobile and don't have a problem with dropped calls. My daughter has Cingular and isn't happy with them.

i have Tmobile... and a pimp-ass MDA windows mobile 5 phone.... both rock for calls and data/internet.... I wouldnt be caught without it... so much so that one of my friends recently called it "the batphone that could erase the internet".

Tmobile :up:

Also, I wrote up a blog entry about the phone, and why I've stayed with Tmobile service.... http://elvis.ateamerica.com/before.america.ate/20060612074113/its-about-time/

redkat said:
ooh I found this for tmobile ..
* 600 anytime minutes with free long distance
* Unlimited night and weekend minutes
* No Roaming Charges on the T-Mobile Digital Network
* Included features: voice mail, numeric paging, caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, and conference calling.
$39.99

seems like a good deal

do you have access to the hotspots though for net access? that would be cool.

In Canada, a plan like this would cost a zillion dollars a month. :angry:

Any Canadians out there have any similar advice re: the best value for plans?

I've used about four types of service... AT&T Wireless (before it became Cingular), T-Mobile, Cingular, and Sprint.

AT&T was a pretty reliable service, a few dropped calls here and there due to out of range service, but it wasn't so bad overall.

T-Mobile I'd have to say would be the worst of my service providers. I don't know how you T-Mobile users don't get dropped calls but it would drop my calls ever so frequently and the range of service was horrible. I couldn't ever get reception in my basement that I wouldn't have a problem with any other provider.

Cingular, was okay. The plan's a bit expensive as it included the roll-over minutes... which I rarely needed. Not much dropped calls, but I'd have trouble calling from the phone, if I had to call another Cingular user, it'd just ring and then disconnect. It's happened to me more than a few times with that. Other than that, it's pretty reliable.

Sprint, I'd have to say I like the service so far. I never had any dropped calls. The only gripe I have with it is that it's expensive... but then again it's 1000 minutes every month with my plan which is good nation-wide.

I'd have to say, if you do get a plan, make sure that whomever you call gets mobile-to-mobile. That way, you could buy the cheapest minutes plan, and can call whomever you want with no charge in your minutes if your other person has the same phone plan.

I was just reading reviews and t-mobile gets horrible ones for my area. Such a good deal too that sucks.

I'm gonna figure out who I talk to the most and get on the same plan I guess

verizon and cingular get the best reviews for my area.

I want the verizon guy to come up and and do his "can you hear me now...good" bit...I wanna just laugh in his face:angry:

Elvis said:
i have Tmobile... and a pimp-ass MDA windows mobile 5 phone.... both rock for calls and data/internet.... I wouldnt be caught without it... so much so that one of my friends recently called it "the batphone that could erase the internet".

Tmobile :up:

Also, I wrote up a blog entry about the phone, and why I've stayed with Tmobile service.... http://elvis.ateamerica.com/before.america.ate/20060612074113/its-about-time/

Much fancier than my phone. I have a Nokia 6103 and my daughter is tired of me looking like an insane woman speaking to no one when I use the bluetooth earpiece.

Oh, and I even had service in Upper Armpit Arizona.:wink:

Last edited:
I seem to be in the minority for T-Mobile. :shrug:

I was the Verizon guy for Halloween once. :wink: :lol:

tiny dancer said:
Verizon has always been god for me. No problems here.

:up: thats cool....Vermont is all werid about stuff like this..which is good in some occassions...like not letting in Wal-Mart (I think there are 2 in the state) and no billboards and stuff like that...but cell towers:scream: come ON:madwife: we need more cell towers here:sad:

I have T-Mobile on a V300 Motorola. I haven't had any problems with T-Mobile either. Me thinks the people who are getting their calls dropped just don't know how to use a cellphone :giggle:

The phone itself is another issue. The contacts were you plug in the charger have gotten messed up. It's such a pain trying to fidget with the damn thing to get a charge going.

My Dad is currently in Thailand and has informed me that he picked up the Nokia 6670 for me while in Bangkok. I can't wait til he comes back home :hyper:

I have nothing outright against the RAZR but as mentioned in my cellphone thread, I'm concerned about the buttons being hard to manage. Also the fact that I c ould easily snap the phone in half also got me worried.

I went to a store yesterday and I agree I don't think I like the Razr because of the buttons. You can't even tell when you've pushed them.

It was a t-mobile / verizon store and the owner admitted he has a phone with each because he can't get reception in different places with just one :slant: He uses his verizon at his home here and uses t-mobile at the other store he has in Hermosa bch.

If he had cingular I wonder if he'd need two phones :hmm:

redkat said:
I went to a store yesterday and I agree I don't think I like the Razr because of the buttons. You can't even tell when you've pushed them.

It was a t-mobile / verizon store and the owner admitted he has a phone with each because he can't get reception in different places with just one :slant: He uses his verizon at his home here and uses t-mobile at the other store he has in Hermosa bch.

If he had cingular I wonder if he'd need two phones :hmm:

RAZR sucks. Thats why they pretty much give them away free now.

Back
Top Bottom