Question(s) for those who use Gmail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love it. I use it as my main email (I also have aol, earthlink, and hotmail accounts). It's easy to use, allows large attachments, has a lot of storage, keeps sent mail until you delete it (as opposed to 30 days). I've never had it not be accessible.

I like it. Sometimes I go through and delete stuff, but I think I have 700 messages in there right now and have barely dented my capacity. And all of what indra said. :)

I like it alot - it's easy to organize/archive my emails with two clicks once my folders are setup. iGoogle is really cool as well - I can select how I want my gmail desktop to look like and what I want displayed (news, interests, pics, etc.).

I also use the picasaweb photo web album where I upload pics that I want to share either with the public or limit them to specific folks.

Good stuff....

I love it, there's lots of storage, it's clean and simple looking and easy to use. And, I hooked it up to grab emails from my University email account, so I don't have to check 4 or 5 different accounts.

no comparison. Little spam, the filters work extremely well. It's always up, iGoogle is great ecpecially the custom features and all my mail comes through there. I actually forgot my school e-mail info cause I never used it.

Gmail is far and away the best:

-best search function (hello, it's made by google)
-better spam filter
-more storage
-easy organization, both labels and conversations
-larger attachments
-the rest of the services offered by a -google account
-gchat
-did i mention conversations? they're like tabbed browsing, once you go to conversations you just can't go back.
-even the ads - when i'm on a computer without an ad blocker i get totally amused by the stuff in the margins, which is automated, scanning an email for words and presenting adds based on the words. You call your friend a "chicken" in the email and you get chicken recipes. You call your boyfriend "baby" and you get links to child rearing sites and stores that sell baby clothes. I usually don't notice the ads but they can provide great comedy.

It's really good. I have all my school mail forwarded to Gmail automatically and it works like a charm.

Varitek said:
scanning an email for words and presenting adds based on the words. You call your friend a "chicken" in the email and you get chicken recipes. You call your boyfriend "baby" and you get links to child rearing sites and stores that sell baby clothes. I usually don't notice the ads but they can provide great comedy.

A lot of privacy advocates don't like that feature. I feel that email content should be reasonably private as well.

Varitek said:
Gmail is far and away the best:

-best search function (hello, it's made by google)
-better spam filter
-more storage
-easy organization, both labels and conversations
-larger attachments
-the rest of the services offered by a -google account
-gchat
-did i mention conversations? they're like tabbed browsing, once you go to conversations you just can't go back.
-even the ads - when i'm on a computer without an ad blocker i get totally amused by the stuff in the margins, which is automated, scanning an email for words and presenting adds based on the words. You call your friend a "chicken" in the email and you get chicken recipes. You call your boyfriend "baby" and you get links to child rearing sites and stores that sell baby clothes. I usually don't notice the ads but they can provide great comedy.

Absolutely the best. I have no reason 2 use anything else.

I find the way that the email threads are "nested" to be kind of annoying. And trying to find some of the functions isn't very intuitive, you have to play around a bit. But it's not bad. The Spam filter works much better than the Yahoo one - Gmail has never told me I won the UK Lottery, for example.

Remember to check out the "Better GMail" extension for Firefox. It has a lot of great tweaks and features (skins as well) which you can enable individually.

Back
Top Bottom