Putting Real Player into iTunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vivalapopedge

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
My dad recently bought some songs on the Real Player music store with a gift card he got, in the hopes that he would be able to transfer the songs over to iTunes and put it on his iPod. He asked me to do it, since he has no idea how to work iTunes. I originally was going to just burn all the songs (about 20) onto a CD and then put them in the computer and import them into iTunes. That didn't work, even though I changed the write speed on the CD burner and used new CDs, and when I finally got one to work, iTunes didn't even recognize anything in the CD drive and wouldn't import. I also just downloaded a U2 concert and it went directly to a Real Player format. I went to iTunes and clicked on "Add File to Library" and just put the songs into iTunes. So, I figured I could do that with my dad's Real Player songs and proceeded to do the same thing. However, it didn't work this time.

I feel really bad that my dad can't get his songs--please help! :crazy:

RealPlayer uses its own DRM model, which wont work in iTunes... although it may work in Windows Media Player (not sure though... I think Real is a 'Play for Sure' company, but you'd have to check). The best way is to burn the songs as AUDIO to cd, then import them via itunes. You'll have to type in all the track information though. If you've burnt the songs as audio to cd, and they can be played on the computer from the cd, but you cant access the cd in itunes.... you've got an itunes related issue.

Back
Top Bottom