PS3/XBOX360 & Non-HD TV question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't hold my breath on a PS3 price-drop.

Although the Blu-Ray laser used in the console has gone down significantly in cost which means production costs are likely also down, Sony has firmly stated they have no plans to sell the PS3 for anything less than $599.99. Especially now that they are cutting distribution of the 20gb model.

On topic, just get a Wii. Problem solved. :wink:

The 360 Elite will be coming out soon, so that would be the perfect time to get a next-gen.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
:up: thanks

any word on the PS3?

They all work fine and look great on regular TVs, and for the 360 I think you have to get a component cable to get the best image, but I believe the 360 Elite will come with one.

I would still wait a year before getting a PS3, there has been the red circle of death and the blue screen of death problems for the 360, that seem to happen as soon as the warranty stops...so I would wait to see if the PS3 has any similar problems after a year...It would be crap to pay $600 for something just so it stops working after a year.

LJT said:
They all work fine and look great on regular TVs, and for the 360 I think you have to get a component cable to get the best image, but I believe the 360 Elite will come with one.

Of course, that assumes that your regular TV has a component input, which most do not. All HDTVs, however, generally do.

I have an Xbox 360 on a normal fairly old TV and it looks great. I've never had any problems with it, like a circle of death or anything. But then again, I've only had it for a month.

Also have a Wii, but was pretty disappointed. The craze must just be a fad or something.

Back
Top Bottom