PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
what are you going for?

PS3:
sony-breaks-the-silence-on-playstation-3-20060509020608220-000.jpg

Xbox 360:
450px-Xbox_360_white_background.jpg

Wii:
nintendo_wii_1.jpg

wii_controller.jpg

Prices:

PS3: 20GB - $499 / 60GB - $599
Xbox 360: around $350
Wii: $249.99

for all concerns, I'm going ALL IN for the WII... :love:

for those who don't know, that wierd controller has a laser... is wireless... and it responds to movement...

YES.. MOVEMENT.. that means, if you're playing a tennis game, to make a strko you have to swing the controller like a tennis racket.. if your playing a golf game like a club and so on...

now take this farther... IMAGINE A STAR WARS GAME!!!!

IMAGINE A LEGEND OF ZELDA GAME

besides, there will be a Virtual Console, so you can plñay old games too.. Mario Bros, Mario 64, The legend Of Zelda, F Zero, Sonic (yes, Sega games TOO)

the 360 is already doing well, and the PS3 has a mockery for price tag... I really hope they do bad... (I'm a nintendo boy :D)

Sony has cut back on the number of Ps3's for their launch day both in the US and JAPAN... that's without thinking that it'll be launched in Europe in 2007..

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (say it.. it's fun :hyper: )

which one will you choose? (if you want to)

I have no love for XBox 360, because I find it and its predecessor's game library to be boring. How many different war games, first-person shooters, and sports games does a console need? Yawn.

I'll probably buy a PS3 when "Final Fantasy XIII" is released, assuming it's not a commercial failure like the Sega Saturn or something. By the time that game is released, I should know.

I'm still unsure about the Wii. It's not for a lack of interest in Nintendo; I've had all their consoles since the original NES. It's just that with their emphasis on attracting the "non-gamer," I'm afraid that it will turn into a large form "Nintendo DS," and I'm not at all impressed with its game library.

I guess, overall, it's a matter of "wait-and-see" for now.

pepokiss said:
Sony has cut back on the number of Ps3's for their launch day both in the US and JAPAN... that's without thinking that it'll be launched in Europe in 2007..

Well, just to be fair, I don't know many people who realistically expect a new system at launch. Most people who pre-ordered the XBox 360 for Christmas 2005 had to settle for Spring 2006 before they actually received it.

So the fact that the PS3 will be in short supply for Christmas 2006 should be of no surprise to anyone who remembers the last console rollout cycle.

But, obviously, the high price will certainly be a long-term challenge to get around.

Should be interesting to see what happens.

Got my 360 and don't plan on buying anything else. Anything I'd ever want to play is pretty much 360 exclusive. Gears of War comes out tuesday, Rainbow Six Vegas is going to be amazing. The Mass Effect Trilogy is going to revolutionize RPG's, as is Bioshock (destined to be one of the scariest/ most immersive games ever). We also have the Too Human trilogy, Banjo-Kazooie 3, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey (woah!), Cry On, Assassin's Creed (though that's PS3 bound as well), and so much more.

Oh, and yes, let's not forget about a certain little title the folks over at Microsoft like to call Halo 3. Hot damn. Now THAT's what I call a line-up.

360 now and forever baby.

pepokiss said:
for those who don't know, that wierd controller has a laser... is wireless... and it responds to movement...

YES.. MOVEMENT.. that means, if you're playing a tennis game, to make a strko you have to swing the controller like a tennis racket.. if your playing a golf game like a club and so on...

now take this farther... IMAGINE A STAR WARS GAME!!!!

IMAGINE A LEGEND OF ZELDA GAME
Can you set it so that it doesn't respond to movement? I can really see it driving me crazy.

Though granted, I'm so old school and so far behind in the gaming world, that it'll be like 2017 before I decide "Hmm, maybe I should get one of those Wiis" :tongue:

And because you mentioned Legend of Zelda, making this slightly on-topic, and just because I can:

I killed Ganon, yay!

zeldatriforce.gif

I'm getting the 360 since I already have a bunch of Xbox games, plus I know the system better than the others.

oh yeah and Halo 3

:drool:

PS3 for Gran Turismo. You can't beat Gran Turismo.

Wii for Wii Sports n playin with the ladies.

Otherwise it's SNES emulation for PC, bitches. Super Mario Bros ftw.

I'd love to get the PS3, but I can't afford it. $500-600 is just a little too much for my wallet. :huh:

If anything, I'll probably end up getting the Wii - especially now that Nintendo's implementing backwards compatibility (w/the Virtual Console & GCN).

My roommate has an Xbox 360 that he bought last year (although he brought it home to Alberta with him when we moved out of res and refuses to bring it back out) - we spent the night camped out in front of a Wal-Mart to get it, and were harassed by a crackhead and regaled with tales of gang violence in the very same parking lot by a mall security guard. Three of us were there, my roommate bought one for himself and the other friend of ours bought two and promptly sold them on eBay for a profit.

Long story short, the 360 kicks ass - the games I've played so far (Madden, Call of Duty 2, Project Gotham Racing, and a couple others before he took it back to AB) are unreal!

So I think I might do this: I'm going to buy two or three PS3's the day they come out, and then sell 'em on eBay, keep the profit, and then when the price goes down I'll use that cash to buy one for myself. Might to the same with the Wii.

But the Wii controller interests me - if there's a Star Wars game that lets you use it like a lightsaber, that might twist my rubber arm into picking one up straight off the bat. :drool:

:shocked: is this the first time Nintendo is allowing us to keep all our old games from the previous system and play them on the new one?!!!!

OMG! I want Wii! Though...I'll prob wait a year or two. I got my GC when it was only $99...I'll get the Wii when it goes down too.

XBox is boring and overrated IMHO. And I'm tired of waiting millions of years for my Sony games to load. If it weren't for FF & Dragonball, I would've ditched it long time ago. And since then they released FFCC and Dbz games for GC...so I guess it's official: no more need for sony!

redhotswami said:
:shocked: is this the first time Nintendo is allowing us to keep all our old games from the previous system and play them on the new one?!!!!

You have to download them from their "Virtual Console" service, which means buying them again. I believe the cost is between $5 and $15, depending on the game. Plus, obviously, you can only purchase what's available, which will grow over time.

DaveC said:
So I think I might do this: I'm going to buy two or three PS3's the day they come out, and then sell 'em on eBay, keep the profit, and then when the price goes down I'll use that cash to buy one for myself.

eBay has been cracking down on it, thanks to pressure, so you might end up with three PS3s that you can't sell...heh.

Wii for me:drool:

I'll buy a PS3 the day metal gear solid 4 comes out.....and maybe if they lower the price

as for 360....no games interest me as of now....however Halo3:drool:

Ormus said:

You have to download them from their "Virtual Console" service, which means buying them again. I believe the cost is between $5 and $15, depending on the game. Plus, obviously, you can only purchase what's available, which will grow over time.

wtf?!?!! that is crap!!!! how dare they :grumpy:

but how does that work then? b/c i found the following on the web site:

GAME CUBE COMPATIBILITY:
The Wii is backward-compatible to all Nintendo GameCube games and includes four ports for controllers and two slots for memory cards

MEDIA:
A single self-loading media bay plays single- or double-layered 12-cm optical discs for the Wii console, as well as 8-cm Nintendo GameCube discs

why are they making us download them when we can use the discs??? :sad:

redhotswami said:
wtf?!?!! that is crap!!!! how dare they :grumpy:

why are they making us download them when we can use the discs??? :sad:

Oh you can use the GameCube discs in the Wii. There's no worries about that.

It's the N64 and previous games that you'll have to download off of the Virtual Console service.

i've always been a playstation person (well... was a nintendo person first but, uh, yea)... i'm so used to the PS/PS2 controller that i don't really want to switch, but that price is fairly ridiculous.

GTA4 comes out next October... and, unlike GTA3 and it's succesors, it's initial release won't be PS exclusive... it will ship for PS3 and XBOX360 on the same day.

So I figure I have until August/September to decide... read the different reviews and go from there... if the PS3 comes down in price 100 bucks there's no argument... but I find it hard to believe that the PS3 is worth 150 to 250 more than the 360

:tsk: People actually considering buying a PS3. You fall victim to the Playstation name, not seeing how badly Sony has been screwing things up with this console, and fail to see the dozens of soon-to-be-classic games coming out on the 360. It's not all war games and first-person shooters anymore folks. This generation, all the best RPG's are going to be 360 bound. Seriously. Check it out. Plus, you simply CANNOT beat Xbox Live for the online experience.

Ormus said:

The average gamer is around 30 years old these days.

That is a crying shame. Gone are the days when parents can use videogames to distract the children from their reality of being neglected.

I hardly know who my real parents are. I was raised by Mario and Luigi.

Ah the good ol days.

PS3 for me i think. Although if truth be told i don't really play a huge variety of games. I mainly play Pro Evo 6 (the best football game of them all) and it's better on PS2 than it is on the Xbox360. And i think the playstation control pad rules high and mighty over the rest for its simplicity and comfort.

GTA4 :drool:

Lancemc said:
:tsk: People actually considering buying a PS3. You fall victim to the Playstation name, not seeing how badly Sony has been screwing things up with this console, and fail to see the dozens of soon-to-be-classic games coming out on the 360. It's not all war games and first-person shooters anymore folks. This generation, all the best RPG's are going to be 360 bound. Seriously. Check it out. Plus, you simply CANNOT beat Xbox Live for the online experience.

familiarity with the controller... that's more or less my only reason for remaining loyal to the PS brand. i HATED the XBOX controller... too big and clunky. have yet to use the one for 360... will certainly check it out. but, alas, if the prices for PS3 stay through the roof, i'll switch to 360... but i'm more than happy with my PS2 up until GTA4 comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom