PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm personally really hoping this means Punisher will be a playable character....

Melon, let us know your Live gamertag when you set it up.

That and not having to pay to play as The Hulk is a plus.

One of the biggest surprises of Ultimate Alliance 1: Ghost Rider is one of the best characters in the game.

Also, trotting out the foursome of Luke Cage (whose special attack is called
"Sweet Christmas"), Blade, Sam Jackson as Nick Fury, and Storm cracks me the fuck up.

Melon, let us know your Live gamertag when you set it up.

Man, that took a while to set up, not to mention having to download the "New XBox Experience." I must say, it's quite a makeover compared to what I saw when I first turned it on.

Anyway, my gamertag is "Thidrekr" (an Old Norse form of my name). So...what does this actually let me do? I've never had a video game console that used teh internets!

That's awesome to hear. What other games are you considering picking up?

Well, I've already got three demos I've downloaded:

Resident Evil 5
Mirror's Edge
Dead Space

I must admit, it's quite nice being able to just randomly check a game out. The biggest problem I'm running into, so far, is just getting used to the controller! I used the GameCube controller for the longest time, which was surprisingly great for FPS games. The XBox controller doesn't seem to be as friendly, IMO, and it's a bit cumbersome, so far.

Well, I've already got three demos I've downloaded:

Resident Evil 5
Mirror's Edge
Dead Space

I must admit, it's quite nice being able to just randomly check a game out. The biggest problem I'm running into, so far, is just getting used to the controller! I used the GameCube controller for the longest time, which was surprisingly great for FPS games. The XBox controller doesn't seem to be as friendly, IMO, and it's a bit cumbersome, so far.

This is true, but it's certainly more contoured and accessible than the old XBOX controllers. The Gamecube ones are pretty nifty, but I found the Playstation ones to be too small, and I have small hands to begin with.

Ylb, gow2, wtf?
U will dye!

I've got money coming from these relatives I rarely see. And when that comes... holy shit, son. Holy shit.

I think you'll get used to the controller quite quickly, Melon. As LeMaC mentioned, the original Xbox controller was considerably larger than the 360 version. To be honest, it's probably my favorite controller of any system so far. (sorry Wii)

Dead Rising is an older game for the 360, but it's fucking hardcore.

I'm killing zombies with lawnmowers. Lawnmowers!

Dead Rising is an older game for the 360, but it's fucking hardcore.

I'm killing zombies with lawnmowers. Lawnmowers!

I loved Dead Rising. The hours and hours I put into that game...

If you like trying to get achievements, I still think it has some of the most enjoyable achievements to try to grab. I can still remember the afternoon getting the "kill 53,000+ zombies in one gaming session".

I've just decided that you're dead to me until you know when.

Has another death clock started? I can do things.

I loved Dead Rising. The hours and hours I put into that game...

If you like trying to get achievements, I still think it has some of the most enjoyable achievements to try to grab. I can still remember the afternoon getting the "kill 53,000+ zombies in one gaming session".

Holy shit.

Dead Rising is being released for the Wii. Probably will have worse graphics, but I may check it out since I've heard good things.

It didn't take nearly as long as you'd expect, 3 hrs maybe. I can still remember the album I listened to while I did it for some reason.

Yeah, I'm getting the hang of this game now. Seems possible.

Probably will have worse graphics, but I may check it out since I've heard good things.

It definitely will have worse graphics, but being able to fake throw a plasma TV at a horde of zombies is fantastic.

Gears of War 2 Update: Gears 1 has been traded in and I'm only 45 bucks back from getting it.

NSW and I just spent a couple hours playing. During that time, complaints about you not having it yet were made.

And while that was going on, I was puffing from the chalice that I made from a Sprite can.

Maybe if you weren't fucking stoned all day, every day, you'd have some extra cash in your pocket.

Get a part time job at jah Cold Stone Creamery.

cool-runnings.jpg

I played Gears of War 2 for the first time last night (I don't have a 360, so it was at a friend's house) and all I can say is.... HOLY FUCK!

It's making me seriously consider buying a 360 (that I can't afford at all).

My fiance has a wii that she plays pretty often. So I suppose it'd only be fair for me to have a 360, right? I wonder how much I could get on a trade-in for a regular xbox, 4 controllers, and like 15 games...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom