PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FF13 will most definitely be on both PS3 and 360, or is FF Versus something different? (I admittedly know next to nothing about the FF series)

If you have Netflix, you can watch the Instant Queue movies on your TV over Xbox live, which is quite handy.

Yeah, it really is a toss up, and more depends on if there are specific exclusives you'd like to play at this point. Both systems are starting to have some great exclusives, so it's tough to say. Even just a few months ago, I would have said 360 hands down. Now, PS3 has some pretty cool looking games as well.

If you're going for online gaming, I'd still definitely say 360. As Elfa has said, PS3 is great for Blu-Ray. Both systems have a large number of cool RPGs and shooters too. I'd take a look on a site like Metacritic and look through their lists of the top games for each system and see if there are any exclusives you can't live without on one system or the other.

Game Reviews from Metacritic

We've yet to play a game together.

1. Cut a hole in a box.

2. Get COD

3. See me slash and teabag Scumbo.

4. Laugh.

5. ?????

6. PROFIT!

Yeah, Mr. "Offline."

NCAA, Halo, or GTA IV need to happen.

I never see you on there, but I'm game. I set mine to offline a lot because my dad plays a lot of Tiger and COD and sometimes I want him to think I'm actually studying instead of taking pinches, pounding gin & tonics, and telling Scumbo about my rent situation. I have to be incognito.

Yeah, I haven't been on in a few weeks either. Hopefully this weekend I'll get some playing time in. My 360's been a glorified DVD player for the past week or so.

1. Cut a hole in a box.

2. Get COD

3. See me slash and teabag Scumbo.

4. Laugh.

5. ?????

6. PROFIT!

R COD teem wuz 3pic!

Then it started putting us on opposite teams, and I was the only person on my team with a positive kill to death ratio.... Instead of you and I working fools in the tanks together, I was trying to take on 2 tanks at once by myself. Not so fun.

I'm in for playing some Halo or GTA with you guys as well, let me know.

Dude, I fucking hate Nirnroot.

I can't stop taking on different missions in Oblivion. I just mastered the Mages Guild, now I'm working on the Fighter's Guild, and poor Martin is waiting for me to go to Paradise with him or something. I finally got a house - nice place in Anvil. Had to dominate the ghosts that lived there, but it's all good now. This game never ends.

For my fellow Fallout addicts in the crowd:

The Pitt (DLC) - Fallout Wiki - The Vault

The Pitt will be the second Fallout 3 downloadable content pack, to be released in early March 2009 for Xbox 360 and Games for Windows Live.

The following is based on previews of The Pitt, an upcoming Fallout 3 DLC, and may contain spoilers.

In this DLC pack, the player will journey to the industrial raider town called The Pitt, located in the remains of Pittsburgh. This DLC is possibly based on some sort of conflict, suggested by the directive to "choose your side" in its advertised description. It is speculated that the player may have different karma-oriented methods of participating in the conflict.

During the latest interview with Bethesda, they state that Pittsburgh was not hit directly by an atomic bomb, but the surrounding water still became radiated making the people change in bad ways.

Apparently The Pitt will be accessed via railway, and will probably be loaded as a separate map from the Capital Wasteland. The Lone Wanderer will go there disguised as a slave in order to join, or usurp, a tribe of raiders that have taken over the steel yards there

NSW I was going to try and work in some sort of Stealers joke but I'm too lazy...

I wonder why this isn't available for PS3...? :scratch:

I'm guessing that Microsoft sent a pile of money.

By the way, if you have this game for the PS3, how is it in the stability category? I've read some complaints regarding this game and the PS3 in that regard.

I'm guessing that Microsoft sent a pile of money.

By the way, if you have this game for the PS3, how is it in the stability category? I've read some complaints regarding this game and the PS3 in that regard.

I've never had an issue at all with it. Not even a slowdown. I also have a brand new PS3, so those people probably just have old hardware.

The only time I've ever had a game crash completely on me on my PS3 was doing weekly training drills for my franchise in Madden 09. That happened once (on my old PS3, the power supply fried thanks to my idiot roommate so it was exchanged over Christmas).

Well, frankly, I think I'm leaning back to the PS3 again. I just saw the Killzone 2 trailer, and I'm really very pumped for that. I can live without the Fallout 3 DLC, I guess. And if FF Versus XIII is PS3 exclusive, as rumoured, I'll have to get this anyway.

I will likely get an XBox 360 Elite console someday, mainly because of the hard drive size and the fact that the 120 GB hard drive costs $150, which more than negates any cost "savings" on the Pro console with its paltry 20 GB drive. I'm just going to wait for a price drop and for the more stable 65nm Jasper CPUs to proliferate more. I hear that they haven't reached the Elite end yet anyway, and I'm not in the mood for a loud, unstable older console.

BTW, for those wondering what FF Versus XIII is, compared to the standard FF XIII, it's a totally different game:

YouTube - Final Fantasy versus 13 trailer 2

Dude, I fucking hate Nirnroot.

I can't stop taking on different missions in Oblivion. I just mastered the Mages Guild, now I'm working on the Fighter's Guild, and poor Martin is waiting for me to go to Paradise with him or something. I finally got a house - nice place in Anvil. Had to dominate the ghosts that lived there, but it's all good now. This game never ends.

I know.

Isn't it awesome?

By the way, while I intend to get an HDTV someday, how are these consoles when it comes to playing on an old-fashioned SDTV?

Melon, either system should look good on a regular TV, both come with SD cables out of the box.

You might have to tinker with some settings for aspect ratio and so on...

If and when I get an XBox, I'll probably go with an Elite one as well.

By the way, while I intend to get an HDTV someday, how are these consoles when it comes to playing on an old-fashioned SDTV?

You'll manage, but they arnt very sharp. So detailed graphics may be a pain in the arse to see.

On the other hand, PS2's and anything pre-Ps2 looks shite on a HDTV. Its give and take really.

Well, here's a complete twist in my story. I've got an XBox 360 Pro unit now!

What happened is that, due to a promotion at Rogers Plus (one of the illustrious monopolies in Canada), I had a $100 gift card toward the purchase of a game console that I could only spend there. Well, when it came time to buy a PS3, they only had 40 GB consoles with the old SIXAXIS controllers (instead of the DualShock 3 controllers you get now) and--get this--were priced $100 more than the regular market price in Canada--i.e., down the street at Future Shop, I could get an 80 GB console for $100 less! Their XBox 360 bundles weren't priced in such obsolete terms, and all they had were XBox 360 Pro bundles. One of them was old; it advertised GTA IV as "coming soon in 2007," while the other was a quite recent 2008 holiday bundle, with a console manufactured in August 2008. So, it's not a Jasper CPU, and it's not a PS3, but I think I fared pretty well here. Now I'll get to play "Fallout 3" with the extra downloadable content, plus I picked up "The Last Remnant," a Square-Enix RPG that is horrendously delayed for the PS3, but already out for the XBox 360. And, oddly enough, it cost $10 less at Rogers Plus than at Future Shop. I'm probably going to get a PS3 later this year, and, hopefully, it'll be $100 cheaper with a larger hard drive and (dreaming here) restored PS2 backwards compatibility.

(dreaming here) restored PS2 backwards compatibility.

The reason Sony took it out is because the Emotion Engine (required to play PS2 games and good for absolutely nothing else in a PS3) cost about $100 to put into each individual unit. So you can either have no PS2 compatibility and pay $399 for an 80GB system missing a piece that 96% of users will have no use for, or have the compatibility but pay (at least) $499 for the same system.

Well, here's a complete twist in my story. I've got an XBox 360 Pro unit now!

What happened is that, due to a promotion at Rogers Plus (one of the illustrious monopolies in Canada), I had a $100 gift card toward the purchase of a game console that I could only spend there. Well, when it came time to buy a PS3, they only had 40 GB consoles with the old SIXAXIS controllers (instead of the DualShock 3 controllers you get now) and--get this--were priced $100 more than the regular market price in Canada--i.e., down the street at Future Shop, I could get an 80 GB console for $100 less! Their XBox 360 bundles weren't priced in such obsolete terms, and all they had were XBox 360 Pro bundles. One of them was old; it advertised GTA IV as "coming soon in 2007," while the other was a quite recent 2008 holiday bundle, with a console manufactured in August 2008. So, it's not a Jasper CPU, and it's not a PS3, but I think I fared pretty well here. Now I'll get to play "Fallout 3" with the extra downloadable content, plus I picked up "The Last Remnant," a Square-Enix RPG that is horrendously delayed for the PS3, but already out for the XBox 360. And, oddly enough, it cost $10 less at Rogers Plus than at Future Shop. I'm probably going to get a PS3 later this year, and, hopefully, it'll be $100 cheaper with a larger hard drive and (dreaming here) restored PS2 backwards compatibility.

That's awesome to hear. What other games are you considering picking up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom