PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yahoo, you accomplished all of your goals over the weekend :applaud:

Make that 17 to 46... :shifty:

I'll get that shit going in a few days

Sweet.

I'm playing these WAY too much, but I can't help it! :drool:

Can't blame you for that. I've been in the mood to do the drums on Rock Band lately, but I always end up playing something else.. I'm actually kinda tempted to get the Metallica Guitar Hero this year....

Agreed. We need an Interference only Horde crew. That way I won't get the, "Hey U2, are you Bono???!?!" comments.

*makes mental note to try it*

My problem is I have a hard time getting close to anyone without being detected, and I don't like to waste Stealth Boys unless it's a situation where I need it.

Just save, try it out, then load up your game from where you saved. Stealth Boy is still there, and you know have witness hilarity (and gained an achievement if you're playing on 360).

Speaking of which, DLC in a week!

Just save, try it out, then load up your game from where you saved. Stealth Boy is still there, and you know have witness hilarity (and gained an achievement if you're playing on 360).

Speaking of which, DLC in a week!

I got Stanley in Vault 101 :happy: There's a trophy on the PS3..."Psychotic Prankster". :up:

So, I'm back in Radelaide which means I should hopefully get this show on the road soon, but I kind of have no fucking idea how it should be done. I'm gonna buy GOW1 and a card tomorrow and see what I can do.

Hold your goddamn horses.

BUY 2!!!!!

The new title update came out today:

Gears of War 2 Title Update 2 Detailed Release Notes

The following fixes and improvements are included in Title Update 2.

Exploit Fixes

Title Update 2 fixes these possible exploits, where under certain circumstances:

* A player could melee or grenade tag through certain walls.
* A player could equip a shield and a two-handed weapon simultaneously.
* A player could make their shield invisible.
* A player could become invisible.
* A player could do a "super" mantle or "kung fu flip," flying high into the air.
* A player could gain unlimited ammo with the Lancer Assault Rifle.
* A player could fire while roadie running (also known as "crabwalking").
* A player could pick up a weapon while sliding into cover.
* A player could walk forward while firing a deployed mortar.
* A player could force an opponent to be stuck in the down but not out (DBNO) position.
* A player could prevent other players from picking up a heavy weapon.
* A player could pick up a dropped meatflag without having to knock him down.
* A ragdolled player could be killed without ever going DBNO.
* A player could roadie run while firing the Scorcher Flamethrower.
* A player could get stuck while evading, though they could continue shooting in any direction.
* A player could concuss themselves under the stairs on the River map.

General Fixes

Title Update 2 fixes these other issues as well:

* An issue with client-side hit detection of the Gnasher Shotgun. The fix makes the shotgun more reliable in high-latency situations.
* An issue where players could have shotgun or Boomshot rounds fire into the ground when shooting from the hip.
* A split-screen issue where one player transitioning to the death battle camera disrupted input from the other player.
* An issue that could cause players' Look sensitivity to be changed to their Zoom sensitivity while zooming in, zooming out, and firing.
* An issue that could cause players to get stuck if they tried to pick up a heavy weapon while firing the shotgun at the same time.
* An issue where players could become stuck if they kicked over a shield while ragdolled from a smoke grenade.
* An issue where bots were unable to kick over a shield that was planted backward.
* An issue where players who quit during voting didn't show up in the end game stats, which meant other players couldn't easily provide negative feedback on them.
* An issue where players couldn't chainsaw enemy meatshields if the meatshields were already damaged.
* An issue where some players would not see the animation of a meatshield being chainsawed.
* An issue where players could not chainsaw an opposing team meatshield in a game type that doesn't allow respawns (for example, Warzone and Execution).
* An issue where a player partway through the act of raising or lowering the chainsaw did not transition into a duel when attacked from the front with a chainsaw.
* An issue where occasionally a player waiting to respawn could not respawn when repeatedly hitting the left trigger to switch cameras.
* An issue where some teammates couldn't communicate between rounds in games type that don't allow respawns, because dead team members were left in the dead radio channel until the next round started.
* An issue where a DBNO player could be seen as standing if knocked DBNO while reloading the mortar.
* An issue where a player joining a Private Xbox LIVE game in progress from another specific type of game could potentially lose HUD functionality.
* An issue on the Flood map where a player's dying from Imulsion did not trigger a death message or penalize the player as other environmental deaths did.
* An issue with Guardian games where if the leader is the last player killed on a team, the round may not end, due to the respawn timer.
* A campaign issue where the gamer picture would not be awarded when the game is completed on Insane.
* An issue where a player would continue to fire the flamethrower and damage other players if that player was knocked DBNO while firing it.
* An issue that could cause a player to get stuck while moving and quickly attempting to aim the mortar at the same time.
* An issue with Horde games where clients didn't receive the "waiting for host" message after they failed a wave.
* A Horde split-screen issue that could cause a team to get –2 billion in score, which when posted to the leaderboards looked like +2 billion.
* An issue where dead players may not show up in the metadata for multiplayer photos.
* A system link issue where if a multiplayer match and a co-op game were hosted at the same time on the same LAN, neither could be joined.
* Additional miscellaneous bug fixes.

Balancing

Title Update 2 makes these balancing changes:

* Made planted proximity grenade mines much easier to shoot off the surface they're planted on, by giving them 50 percent less health.
* Set grenades to respawn less frequently. When a player picks up grenades from a spawned location, a new set of grenades does not respawn until the previous grenades have been used.
* Increased the penalty to rank for players who quit Public Xbox LIVE matches early.
* Buffed the flamethrower to have stopping power (to slow a charging enemy) and to cause a chainsaw interrupt (to force the opponent to lower a revved chainsaw).
* Removed the ability to instantly shoot coming out of a roadie run.
* Added additional spawn protection to prevent proximity grenade mines and chainsaws from killing a player within 5 seconds after spawning.
* Balanced grenade spawn cycling on the Hail map so that both teams have equal access to both types of grenades.

We continue to test internally and monitor online gameplay to determine what else may need adjusting.

Improvements

Title Update 2 makes these new improvements:

* Changed Annex games to use execution rules, to prevent players from leaving DBNO opponents on the ground to bleed out.
* Made Horde waves count toward the "Party Like It's 1999" achievement. Each wave is counted as one round.
* Added the ability, during Submission games, to see the flag's final destination by using Tac/Com.
* Increased the frequency of most of the toasts for in-game achievement progression.
* Added achievement progression numbers to the War Journal.
* Added 7 new DLC-based achievements worth 175 points (progress toward them starts after Title Update 2 is applied):
o "Skeletons in Your Closet" (20 points): Complete waves 1 through 10 on all Flashback Map Pack maps in Horde (any difficulty).
o "Trial by, and on, Fire" (20 points): Complete waves 1 through 10 on all Combustible Map Pack maps in Horde (any difficulty).
o "More Mystery, Less History" (15 points): Win a multiplayer match on each of the 5 Flashback Map Pack maps (any mode except Wingman).
o "The Roof! The Roof! The Roof…" (15 points): Win a multiplayer match on each of the 3 Combustible Map Pack maps (any mode except Wingman).
o "Bound by a Shared Past" (15 points): Win a Wingman match on each of the 5 Flashback Map Pack maps.
o "Forged in the Fire" (15 points): Win a Wingman match on each of the 3 Combustible Map Pack maps.
o "Annex: Now with Execution Rules" (75 points): Win an Annex match on each of the Flashback and Combustible Map Pack maps (Public only).

Gears of War 2 Title Update #2 Available Now - Xbox

Haha. Now that there are new Horde achievements and I've overplayed Call of Duty for the time being, I'd be down for that.

I'm not an achievement Whorde like you, but it does motivate me to play it more than I have been.

You know, I must be old skool, cause achievements, online play, downloadable maps - all that shit - doesn't interest me @ all. I finished Halo 3 in no time at all, and then realized all the hype is for the online component. I'm thinking Gears of War is the same situation. Am I obsolete? Is my golden age of gaming over? Oh - I also hate the Grand Theft Auto games as the bore the crap outta me.

-Lonely Gamer 74
:sad:

get Fallout 3 Beav, it's pretty much all offline

Lo tengo. I'm going to play something a bit more faster paced after I finish Morrowind, and then I'm gonna rack Fallout 3. Shit looks cool. Also, considering it takes me forever to play a game (except Halo 3 :angry: ) I might even have an HDTV by the time I get to it. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

You know, I must be old skool, cause achievements, online play, downloadable maps - all that shit - doesn't interest me @ all. I finished Halo 3 in no time at all, and then realized all the hype is for the online component. I'm thinking Gears of War is the same situation. Am I obsolete? Is my golden age of gaming over? Oh - I also hate the Grand Theft Auto games as the bore the crap outta me.

-Lonely Gamer 74
:sad:

I never cared about online play until I got Gears 2. It's a great experience, especially if you play with people you know. I still like games that do not require online play, of course.

I first and foremost always play the 'campaign" of a game before I even look at the multiplayer aspect, so I know where you're coming from. Yes, in a lot of ways, the single player component is getting less and less attention in the industry. Then again, there are games like Fallout 3 that you can legitimately put nearly 100 hours into the game, and it's all 100% single player. You really just have to put some research into the games you're buying if you are primarily interested in the campaign/single player aspect these days, to make sure how long it last, what replayability there may or may not be, etc.

What difficulty did you play Halo 3 on? Normal is FAR too simple, Heroic is almost necessary if you're playing solo. It's worth trying again on Heroic if you enjoyed it, as you have more enemies, their AI is considerably better, etc.

LeMaC and I both loved Bioshock, which was entirely single player and lasted quite a while. If you enjoy "horror" type games, Dead Space was 100% single player, lasted almost 20 hours, and was easily one of my favorite games last year. There are a number of solid Role Playing type games that are entirely single player, some good racing games, The Half Life 2 "Orange Box" has a huge amount of material on it, etc.

Metacritic is a great resource for quick access to reviews and overall ratings:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/

I first and foremost always play the 'campaign" of a game before I even look at the multiplayer aspect, so I know where you're coming from. Yes, in a lot of ways, the single player component is getting less and less attention in the industry. Then again, there are games like Fallout 3 that you can legitimately put nearly 100 hours into the game, and it's all 100% single player. You really just have to put some research into the games you're buying if you are primarily interested in the campaign/single player aspect these days, to make sure how long it last, what replayability there may or may not be, etc.

What difficulty did you play Halo 3 on? Normal is FAR too simple, Heroic is almost necessary if you're playing solo. It's worth trying again on Heroic if you enjoyed it, as you have more enemies, their AI is considerably better, etc.

LeMaC and I both loved Bioshock, which was entirely single player and lasted quite a while. If you enjoy "horror" type games, Dead Space was 100% single player, lasted almost 20 hours, and was easily one of my favorite games last year. There are a number of solid Role Playing type games that are entirely single player, some good racing games, The Half Life 2 "Orange Box" has a huge amount of material on it, etc.

Metacritic is a great resource for quick access to reviews and overall ratings:

Xbox 360 Game Reviews from Metacritic

Are you mocking me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom