PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GTA4 does have deathmatches, Dave. That's the only multiplayer type I've ever tried on there.

COD: World at War is supposed to be great online. I haven't tried my copy out yet...

Of the ones on your list, LittleBitPlanet interests me the most, but I don't know what it's like online at all. NHL '09 is supposed to be one of the best sports games this generation. FIFA is supposed to be great too. You'd probably be fine with any of them.

I've really been enjoying Little Big Planet so far; it's probably more fun though if you play with a couple of friends Co-Op. There were 4 of us playing and we basically spent the whole game trying to sabotage each other and laughing...

Incorrect. The PS3 has faster video processing and a better video card than the 360. You can easily tell the difference when playing the same game on similar settings using the same setup (1080p HDTV and a good HDMI cable).

Technically, it might be far superior but still you have to admit that even with all it's touted technological advances the 360 performs and on most games looks better. I know it's pointless to argue this point as it is mostly personal preference anyways.....still, some critics think the 360 has more eye candy: Gametrailers.com - Gametrailers GOTY Awards 08 - Best Graphics

As for Blu Ray no one knows if it's here to stay honestly. The average consumer just hasn't been hooked yet.

Recession Hits Blu-Ray Where it Counts - PC World

That's the point that I've been hoping to make here....longevity. PS3 appeals to a very specific market segment while the Wii is on the opposite side of the spectrum and I think the 360 is somewhere in the middle personally. Unless Sony is able to appeal to a wider demographic they are doomed. Hell, why do you think Sony is releasing FF XIII on the 360 too? An original PS exclusive. That's mind boggling to me....Halo 4 on PS4 (*shudders*). Even 360 is trying to appeal more family friendly.

I borrowed Gears of War 2 tonight, so I'm gonna see what I think. Chances are I'll be purchasing it within the week. Haven't made a Live tag, though.

Been playing a lot of Saint's Row 2. Not exactly high art but it's fun. Just using it as a leadup to begin GTA4 later.

Anyone have the new Bond for Wii yet? I got it for Christmas, but actually haven't played it yet...I've been putzing around on Force Unleashed.

I borrowed Gears of War 2 tonight, so I'm gonna see what I think. Chances are I'll be purchasing it within the week. Haven't made a Live tag, though.

Been playing a lot of Saint's Row 2. Not exactly high art but it's fun. Just using it as a leadup to begin GTA4 later.

Stop fucking around, buy the game, get a tag (Swoopver?) and let's go already.

One of you nerd honkies has to play Marvel: Ultimate Alliance with me.

I may trade in my old Xbox to supplement the Gears 2 deal. What the hell, why not? You know.

K, I'm getting a hold of GOW2 tomorrow. I may only be able to play it til Sunday, when I must leave the 360 behind, but I have to try this out, I've been watching far too many youtube videos :uhoh:

Why is Fallout 3 so addicting.....it was 1 am and I kept tellting myself that I would stop soon after I just do this one more thing. Well, about 10 things later it was 3 am.

Rainbow Falls quest was awesome!

I got Call of Duty World at War and LittleBigPlanet today at work :drool: LBP looks like the funnest game of all time, I can't wait to try it out :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom