PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an XBOX, but no live. And I don't see me putting up an additional $150 to get it set up either. So until someone takes pity on my XBOX situation, I will just play offline. I never really played online when I had live anyway. I did like the downloads feature though.

haha I read this on the first page, from like 2 years ago

I'll probably buy a PS3 when "Final Fantasy XIII" is released, assuming it's not a commercial failure like the Sega Saturn or something.

I keep inviting you honkies to play Halo 3 or GTA with me and no one responds? Shit's weak.

guess who got Fallout 3, Prince Of Persia and Little Big Planet for Chistmas? :drool:

Have you actually played any of them yet, or even used the PS3?

I keep inviting you honkies to play Halo 3 or GTA with me and no one responds? Shit's weak.

I was turning my 360 off when I got the invite. I had to build some furniture. Seriously, I was building a bookshelf at midnight. "Good" times.

Have you actually played any of them yet, or even used the PS3?

:yes: I'm already addicted to Fallout, I'm a scavenging, bear fighting, skin eating machine!

I was turning my 360 off when I got the invite. I had to build some furniture. Seriously, I was building a bookshelf at midnight. "Good" times.

Ikea?

Halo 3 is quite short. I'm almost done with it, and I haven't put that much time into it.

Does anyone have NHL 09? Have you tried that "Be a Pro" mode - or whatever it's called. I found it last night and holy shit it's addicting. You create a guy and have to earn a spot on an NHL team. I'm in the AHL at the moment, but I have 3 goals in 3 games. I spent 2 hours playing around with it last night. It's cool as hell.

Also - the Islanders are 7-2-1 in my XBOX world, so I might just move in there until next October when the real Islanders will hopefully suck less. So if my posts in the NHL thread seem odd and don't jive with reality, that's just me confusing the XBOX and real life. It happens everytime I play games. It'll pass.

Halo 3 is quite short. I'm almost done with it, and I haven't put that much time into it.

Halo 3 really needs to be played on Heroic difficulty on your first time through in my opinion. Better AI, more enemies, more fun. If you play coop, Legendary is necessary (particularly if you have more than 2 people playing).

I have yet to see any bears......maybe bear spray is good idea?

I think he means the "Yao Guai", or whatever they're called.

For my fellow Fallouters, here are a couple links that are extremely helpful to refer to while playing:

Fallout Wiki - The Vault

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/b_r_a_y/BobbleheadLocations.jpg

Cool, I'm in (at least for a little while, Fallout calls). :wink:

Doesn't GTA have some sort of coop missions as well?

As you always are, Sonny Jim.

Fantastic.

How about tonight, fellas? GTA or Halo 3, your picks.

I'll be out with some coworkers, watching Northwestern play tonight, but if you're playing once I get home, I'm in. You'll need to invite me and shit, cos I've never really played GTA multi-player, and got confused and a little scared the one time I even attempted it.

I don't know if they have Coop missions, but I do know there are different multiplayer modes.

Rockstar Games: Grand Theft Auto IV

I'll be out with some coworkers, watching Northwestern play tonight, but if you're playing once I get home, I'm in. You'll need to invite me and shit, cos I've never really played GTA multi-player, and got confused and a little scared the one time I even attempted it.

I'll be playing tonight, probably starting around 11 EST.

In the mode I was playing last night, you just ran around the city blowing shit up, but with no cops coming around.

I don't know if they have Coop missions, but I do know there are different multiplayer modes.

Rockstar Games: Grand Theft Auto IV

I don't even like coop missions. I want to run around and either kill each other, or kill some strangers as a team. I'm not even looking at that fucking link, I'll look for an invite and then start shooting people. Same with Halo 3 if that's going down. At least GTA I've played and know what I'm doing, etc....

I don't even like coop missions. I want to run around and either kill each other, or kill some strangers as a team. I'm not even looking at that fucking link, I'll look for an invite and then start shooting people. Same with Halo 3 if that's going down. At least GTA I've played and know what I'm doing, etc....

Let's Free Mode that shit right then.

I'd rather Coop for Halo 3 than play against, but either is fine with me. Apparently I have NAT issues that mess me up with matchmaking on Halo 3, whatever that means.

Let's Free Mode that shit right then.

I'd rather Coop for Halo 3 than play against, but either is fine with me. Apparently I have NAT issues that mess me up with matchmaking on Halo 3, whatever that means.

I'd look into seeing if you can adjust the settings on your router, as it helps a great deal with match making and playing with friends. Sometimes it'll even not let you join certain friends if you have strict NAT settings. Here's a couple links that should help:

Troubleshooting NAT issues
Xbox: The Diagnostic Server shows Network Address Translation (NAT) type problems when using Xbox Live

NSW, how can you worship Horde and not like Coop? Horde IS coop! Looking at it, there are a few coop multiplayer modes on GTA, or we can just free mode, or shoot each other.

i randonly flipped thru the previous 38 thread pages hoping i would find an answer to what do i buy with my x-mas money, 360 or PS3?

I did not find it.

Anyone have it broken down in an easy to comprehend manner. (i dont know much about these systems) I am more into NHL, WWE, new UFC game, then i am about RPG's or 1st person shooters. My friends have PS3's and said they got it to support their back-catalouge. This does not apply to me. IS the main difference the blu-ray player vs, the HD? and with Blu-ray winning the war, is that why PS3 is so much more expensive than 360?

i dont know what i'm talking about, as you can see......

I think he means the "Yao Guai", or whatever they're called.

For my fellow Fallouters, here are a couple links that are extremely helpful to refer to while playing:

Fallout Wiki - The Vault

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/b_r_a_y/BobbleheadLocations.jpg

THAT'S THE ONE! son of a bitch has killed me twice now!

I'm glad that they are considered the second toughest enemy in the game behind Death Claws though, makes me feel better about getting my ass kicked...

Those links are helpful, thanks

i randonly flipped thru the previous 38 thread pages hoping i would find an answer to what do i buy with my x-mas money, 360 or PS3?

I did not find it.

Anyone have it broken down in an easy to comprehend manner. (i dont know much about these systems) I am more into NHL, WWE, new UFC game, then i am about RPG's or 1st person shooters. My friends have PS3's and said they got it to support their back-catalouge. This does not apply to me. IS the main difference the blu-ray player vs, the HD? and with Blu-ray winning the war, is that why PS3 is so much more expensive than 360?

i dont know what i'm talking about, as you can see......

It pretty much comes down to 3 things I would say:

Price - This obviously goes to XBox out of the gate but if you are planning on going online keep in mind that Sony does not charge anything for their network while Microsoft does...

Blu-Ray - While there are rumors that XBox will be getting some sort of add-on Blu-Ray player in the future there has been no solid news about this so go with The PS3 if you want it.

Games - XBox has the lead currently, they have a much larger base of games built up and if you are interested in sport-type games they have a lot of them. Over time the PS3 will develop more system defining games but they haven’t had too many yet. Also, the newer versions of the PS3 (like mine) DO NOT have backwards compatibility like the early versions did, you said you were not interested in this though so this would not effect you.

I would say if you have no interest in using the machine for anything other than games then get an XBox, if you want a Blu-Ray player at some point anyhow, get a PS3...

Price - This obviously goes to XBox out of the gate but if you are planning on going online keep in mind that Sony does not charge anything for their network while Microsoft does...

I'll gladly pay for MS services as it is YEARS ahead of Sony's....

Games - XBox has the lead currently, they have a much larger base of games built up and if you are interested in sport-type games they have a lot of them. Over time the PS3 will develop more system defining games but they haven’t had too many yet. Also, the newer versions of the PS3 (like mine) DO NOT have backwards compatibility like the early versions did, you said you were not interested in this though so this would not effect you.

Agree with you here but I honestly don't see the PS3 coming out with anything that will define the system or make us dedicated 360 users to go out and buy one.

Popmofo and I were discussing this just yesterday....the PS3 is doomed. Prices are coming down for bluray players so that marketing position is gone. As for games, they aren't doing anything to impressive with PS3 exclusive games and the games that are on both consoles always seem to play and look better on the 360 anyways. As for online capabilites, MS wins hands down. Hell, Sony is just now promoting that the PS3 can download movies....360 has been doing that basically from day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom