PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot about Mass Effect. Both are great. I've never replayed a RPG, but they get more and more intuitive, so, the gaming experience can be totally different the 2nd time around if you take a different moral path, etc.

GTA IV, you need that. Just total adrenaline, and of course the freedom to do missions or just randomly fuck everyone in Liberty City up.

This is true. I tried doing that with Knights of the Old Republic a few years back, and while it was interesting to see the differences, it still didn't match up to the first time I played it. The opposite can be said for a game like Gears or Halo 3.

Yeah, last time I played I went on this French Connection-esque car chase throughout the city... fucking epic. That must be sick on LIVE, too.

This is true. I tried doing that with Knights of the Old Republic a few years back, and while it was interesting to see the differences, it still didn't match up to the first time I played it. The opposite can be said for a game like Gears or Halo 3.

Yeah, last time I played I went on this French Connection-esque car chase throughout the city... fucking epic. That must be sick on LIVE, too.

I've never played GTA IV LIVE, but I should.

If we play that together, we have to roll around as The Rogues... or the Baseball Furies.

lmao, i'm sorry, this cracked me up.

:lol:

the outright cost of the ps3 is still up around $700 here. maybe we just pay 3 times more than the rest of the world. figures. you can't get a good hdtv for under $2000. the bravia was a good price, daniel. :(

Oh yeah, I was still very happy with my deal for the TV. It terms of aussie prices, it was bloody brilliant.

I still think the PS3 takes the cake, so yeah the Xbox has some more games, but my playstation 3 has not had one single problem in 15 months.

hey fucktard, i don't know which one to buy. it's $100 difference and i'm not sure having a fucking hdmi cable and a bigger hard drive is worf it.

plus i need money for it. i don't get paid till the end of the month.

I sometimes forget that you live in a trailer in Tennessee, sorry. Do you see anyone but DaveC(anada) telling you to get a PS3? Clown. You ask for advice, get it, and then do not use it. You suck as a mod.

I sometimes forget that you live in a trailer in Tennessee, sorry. Do you see anyone but DaveC(anada) telling you to get a PS3? Clown. You ask for advice, get it, and then do not use it. You suck as a mod.
we can't all live in mansions in chicago, being highly successful executives. i thought that was the point for asking for advice on the internet?

op: "hey guys, i need your advice. i got this girl knocked up but i'm only 13 help"

dude 1: "abort! abort!"

dude 2: "get an abortion dude, srsly"

dude 3: "there's also adoption"

dude 4: "i'll pm you links to planned parenthood"

op: "thanks everyone, we're keeping the baby"

Actually, quite the opposite. Sony in general isn't doing all that great, the PS3 has far and away the worst sales of all three systems (360 out sold it 3 to 1 over the Black Friday weekend), and a lot of the games they've banked on being huge have had really mediocre sales (hence why there are rumors galore that Metal Gear, the biggest PS3 game so far, is coming to 360). I think everyone's been surprised they haven't lowered the price, but Japanese companies are notoriously slow to admit defeat on pricing, sales, etc. I honestly don't know what the future of the PS3 will be at this point. Everyone assumed (including myself) that programmers would figure out how to program for the hardware, but as of right now, it's starting to seem they just don't have any interest in putting in the time when they're going to get far better software sales on 360 or even the Wii.

Absolutely yes, the PS3's demand is lower than the Wii or the 360 right now, but that's because they've been out longer and have more games. Of course that's going to happen. Sony hasn't lowered the price because of the Blu-Ray player inside. It's easily the best BD player in the world, and $399 is a steal even if all you want to use it for is to watch movies.

And Metal Gear 4 is absolutely, absolutely, no chance in hell, NOT going to be released on the 360. Konami and Sony have exclusivity. It is NOT going to EVER happen.

For now, I'd definitely go with 360. The PS3 may fix their business model and start focusing more on software in the future, and I really hope they do, but for now you can get a system with better games for less money in the 360.

Yes, there are some great games for the 360 (I'll probably buy one at some point in '09), but like I said, you get the Blu-Ray functionality, and that alone is worth it at a $399 price point. The PS3 is far and away the more technically powerful of the three systems, by MILES. And Metal Gear Solid is the best video game I've ever played. Period. LittleBigPlanet might be the funnest game ever created. You won't ever get to try either of those on Xbox.

And yes, Playstation Network is completely free.

I'm sure there'll be more posts to follow soon here, I've only gotten this far in the thread and felt this needed to be addressed.

Are you serious?? $399 for a 40'' W4500? .....fuck. That's Australia, for a note book in the US that costs $999, we'd pay about $2500 for. I got ripped off yes, but it was cheaper than a return flight over and back to pick it up :wink:

I meant $1399 for a 40W. My bad. Even still though...

I've been told that I might be able to get it working if I vacuum the dust out of the inside. I live in a very old house and there's dust everywhere, and the thing's been on its side since August, so it makes sense that it's gummed up the works inside. It's worth a shot at least.

Anyways, my PSN ID is Zzyzx00.

my playstation 3 has not had one single problem in 15 months.

(last post, I promise)

I have worked at a Sony store for the past three months. Whenever any PS3 sold in the greater Halifax area (no matter if it was purchased in the Sony store or not), approximately 1,700 units, needs service, it has to be brought in to my store to be sent to Sony Computer Entertainment of America to be repaired.

There has not been one - NOT ONE - service issue with any of those 1700 Playstations in those three months. Mine's the first I've heard of, and it seems all I need is a vacuum to fix it.

I have had three personal friends (out of less than ten who own them) lose their 360s to the RRoD in those three months.

The 360 may have some fantastic games, and you can have a fucking blast with it, but clearly the PS3 is the superior system.

Has anyone played Fallout 3 yet? I just started this week and I must say it is increadible. Very similar to Oblivion (made by the same developer). Graphics are great and the World Map is massive.

This is truly the kind of "next gen" game that you can't get on the Wii. Just another reason why I am thankful that I have both a Wii and 360.

I have never known why people feel as though they can only be loyal to one system. It's like saying you like U2 therefore you can't like Coldplay.

You might want to stay in this sub-forum then, talk like that can get you in trouble around here :wink:

I know how people are I've been a reader here since before ATYCLB can out just never felt the desire to post anything until recently. Maybe instead of Coldplay I should say Michael Bluble (sp?) I doubt anyone would hate him or at least I can't imagine they would.

I say the more options and choices we have in Music or Video Games the better. If it sucks just don't buy it.

Has anyone played Fallout 3 yet? I just started this week and I must say it is increadible. Very similar to Oblivion (made by the same developer). Graphics are great and the World Map is massive.

This is truly the kind of "next gen" game that you can't get on the Wii. Just another reason why I am thankful that I have both a Wii and 360.

I have never known why people feel as though they can only be loyal to one system. It's like saying you like U2 therefore you can't like Coldplay.

It's discussed earlier in the thread, and agreed, it's great.

I don't think that people are saying to be loyal to one system only, but, not everyone here can afford more than one system, so they're supporting the system they best like when asked.

It's discussed earlier in the thread, and agreed, it's great.

I don't think that people are saying to be loyal to one system only, but, not everyone here can afford more than one system, so they're supporting the system they best like when asked.

That is respectable and I totally understand that position. However if price is a problem then the fact that you can purchase an XBOX 360 a year subscription to LIVE and a Wii for the price of a PS3 ($500 version) is important to remember.

As for Fallout 3 I guess I didn't read that far back in the thread. Have you beaten the game yet? I'm interested in completing 100% of this game how would you say it compares to Oblivion in Quality, Story, Length?

Thanks

As for Fallout 3 I guess I didn't read that far back in the thread. Have you beaten the game yet? I'm interested in completing 100% of this game how would you say it compares to Oblivion in Quality, Story, Length?

Thanks

NSW keeps complaining that I'm playing it too much. To be honest, it's far and away the best game I've played all year. I put in so much time on Oblivion it's ridiculous, and I can honestly say I like Fallout 3 more....actually, quite a bit more. It's the best role playing game I've played on this generation of consoles, I can't recommend it highly enough. I've put in so much time on side quests, that I'm really only about half way through the main story. I'd recommend going this way, because once you finish it, the game truly "ends". You can go back to the save before ending the game to do side quests, but the game does actually "end" (a future downloadable add-on will make it so you can continue from where the game ended).

I don't really want to argue with Dave about the PS3, because I like Dave, and because I honestly don't "hate" the system by any means, and hope Sony ends up turning it around. I'll just leave it with saying, I worry for the future of the system, because while the hardware is truly quite impressive on paper, the games haven't lived up to it (because it's far from easy to develop for), and Sony's business model for the system really doesn't look turn things around any time soon. Similar to the Wii, it sucks that a lot of the really cool PS3 games haven't sold as well as they should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom