PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, cool. I know what Horde is from your explanation earlier, but what's the difference between the other two?

You see for me, the action IS the juice.

Well, Execution HAS A GREAT ASS!

Wingman is 5 teams of two, so, it could be me and Scumbo vs. 4 teams of clowns.

Execution is the same format, team v team, except it's now two teams of five killing the living shit out of each other. Either way, you're on a headset with your teammate(s) and it's insane.

Whorde is a lot of fun, too, though. Scumbo is good and I've gotten a lot better over the past few weeks.

Well, Execution HAS A GREAT ASS!

Wingman is 5 teams of two, so, it could be me and Scumbo vs. 4 teams of clowns.

Execution is the same format, team v team, except it's now two teams of five killing the living shit out of each other. Either way, you're on a headset with your teammate(s) and it's insane.

Whorde is a lot of fun, too, though. Scumbo is good and I've gotten a lot better over the past few weeks.

And go yo' head... ALL THE WAY UP IT!

Good to know, thanks.

Out of curiosity, mind if I ask how much you paid for it? I work at a Sony store here, I'm wondering if our prices are similar...

I assume you have a PS3 to go with it? Any games?

Remembering I'm in Australia, therefore I probably paid double for what the US price is.

I paid $2290 + $230 Warranty. Yeah I've had a PS3 for around 15 months.

Games:
Fifa 08 & 09
NBA Live 08
Guitar Hero III
GTA:IV
Buzz:Quiz TV
Force Unleashed
Dead Space
World At War
Far Cry 2 (Yet to play this yet, brought it last Tuesday)

What games have you got?

I paid $2290 + $230 Warranty.

:ohmy:

They're $399 in Canada. You, sir, got ripped the fuck off. :doh:

I have Madden 09, GTA, Metal Gear 4, Fight Night 3, and MLB 08.

I would say we could play GTA multiplayer, but my PS3 got the yellow light of death on Friday because my roommate decided to unplug it while it was turned on to check and see if a string of Christmas lights worked. Now I need to send it to SCEA to get it fixed, luckily it's still under warranty (only five months old) so hopefully they cover it. The problem is I have a rented movie in the PS3 right now that I can't get out (the thing won't even eject a disc) so I'm racking up late fees every day till it gets fixed. :angry:

When I get it back though, I'll let you know and we'll tear up Liberty City. I've been waiting for someone to play online with for a while :hi5:

:ohmy:

They're $399 in Canada. You, sir, got ripped the fuck off. :doh:

I have Madden 09, GTA, Metal Gear 4, Fight Night 3, and MLB 08.

I would say we could play GTA multiplayer, but my PS3 got the yellow light of death on Friday because my roommate decided to unplug it while it was turned on to check and see if a string of Christmas lights worked. Now I need to send it to SCEA to get it fixed, luckily it's still under warranty (only five months old) so hopefully they cover it. The problem is I have a rented movie in the PS3 right now that I can't get out (the thing won't even eject a disc) so I'm racking up late fees every day till it gets fixed. :angry:

When I get it back though, I'll let you know and we'll tear up Liberty City. I've been waiting for someone to play online with for a while :hi5:

Are you serious?? $399 for a 40'' W4500? .....fuck. That's Australia, for a note book in the US that costs $999, we'd pay about $2500 for. I got ripped off yes, but it was cheaper than a return flight over and back to pick it up :wink:

Damn, thats a shame about your PS3, especially around the holiday season!...similar thing happened with my mates PS2 back in the day.

Yep, I'm happy to rip of Liberty City anytime....what's your PSN?, I suppose I could add you anyways while your PS3 is getting shipped off....I'm poptart87

I'm poptart87
lmao, i'm sorry, this cracked me up.

k peeps, question. i have a wii already (not really wanting to get into a debate about the wii, i like it so whatevs) and am wanting to get a second console. should i get the 360 or ps3? i had an xbox back in the day and liked some of the games on it (i remember playing halo, gta, and dead or alive) but i don't know. and i'm too lazy to do research on anything.

i'd be all set to get a 360 but i don't like that xbox live costs money. isn't psn free?

Last edited:
the outright cost of the ps3 is still up around $700 here. maybe we just pay 3 times more than the rest of the world. figures. you can't get a good hdtv for under $2000. the bravia was a good price, daniel. :(

i'd go the xbox, khan. but i'm very against the ps3 currently because the price is taking so long to come down.

$700? holy shit. i think they're $4 or 500 here, not sure. so it's still expensive to me. that was one of the selling points for me for the wii, it's so cheap. it doesn't play dvds or have hd-quality, but i already have a dvd player and while the games are just sd, i can live with it.

and it is kind of surprising that the ps3 price is not coming down at all, but i guess there's still a nice demand for them. what irks me the most about the 360 though is having to pay for online service (lol, as if i have anyone to play wif online anyway) and also that the whole red ring of doom thing is still plaguing 360 owners. the xbox i had got the fucking ring sometimes, it's ridiculous all these years later they couldn't fix the problem. oh well, when has microsoft ever released a stable product? :D

:uhoh:

:reject:

but i guess there's still a nice demand for them.

Actually, quite the opposite. Sony in general isn't doing all that great, the PS3 has far and away the worst sales of all three systems (360 out sold it 3 to 1 over the Black Friday weekend), and a lot of the games they've banked on being huge have had really mediocre sales (hence why there are rumors galore that Metal Gear, the biggest PS3 game so far, is coming to 360). I think everyone's been surprised they haven't lowered the price, but Japanese companies are notoriously slow to admit defeat on pricing, sales, etc. I honestly don't know what the future of the PS3 will be at this point. Everyone assumed (including myself) that programmers would figure out how to program for the hardware, but as of right now, it's starting to seem they just don't have any interest in putting in the time when they're going to get far better software sales on 360 or even the Wii.

For now, I'd definitely go with 360. The PS3 may fix their business model and start focusing more on software in the future, and I really hope they do, but for now you can get a system with better games for less money in the 360. The red ring has been mostly corrected on the new systems, and Microsoft is still covering systems that die of it I believe. Honestly, most people will never get the issue unless they have an older system and they're leaving it on for extremely long periods of time.

That all said, if there are games you'd rather play on PS3, go with that. If there are games you'd rather play on 360, go with it. While I am extremely biased towards the 360, the PS3 does still have its strong points and a number of cool looking games as well. I really don't think you'd be disappointed with either choice, as long as you know what you want ot play.

Actually, quite the opposite. Sony in general isn't doing all that great, the PS3 has far and away the worst sales of all three systems (360 out sold it 3 to 1 over the Black Friday weekend), and a lot of the games they've banked on being huge have had really mediocre sales (hence why there are rumors galore that Metal Gear, the biggest PS3 game so far, is coming to 360). I think everyone's been surprised they haven't lowered the price, but Japanese companies are notoriously slow to admit defeat on pricing, sales, etc. I honestly don't know what the future of the PS3 will be at this point. Everyone assumed (including myself) that programmers would figure out how to program for the hardware, but as of right now, it's starting to seem they just don't have any interest in putting in the time when they're going to get far better software sales on 360 or even the Wii.

For now, I'd definitely go with 360. The PS3 may fix their business model and start focusing more on software in the future, and I really hope they do, but for now you can get a system with better games for less money in the 360. The red ring has been mostly corrected on the new systems, and Microsoft is still covering systems that die of it I believe. Honestly, most people will never get the issue unless they have an older system and they're leaving it on for extremely long periods of time.

Go with the 360, then join Scumbo, myself and the little Bastard ever as we save humanity from the alien whored.

"Curb stomping with Khanada" has a nice ring to it.

You need to play more often. You can play Fallout some other time, like I will. At some point. When my GOW addiction abates.

Have Fallout, Prince of Persia, Fable II, Force Unleashed and COD4 all waiting for me to stop WHoreing it, and Wingmaning it. Dude, let me know if you ever want to play some Wingman, that shit's fun.

I'm visiting my parents all week, but I'll be on next week to get to level 50.

Go with the 360, then join Scumbo, myself and the little Bastard ever as we save humanity from the alien whored.

At my challenge, by the ancient laws of combat, we are met at this chosen ground, to settle for GOOD AND ALL who holds sway over the five points: us natives, born rightwise to this fine land, or the foreign Whordes defiling it.

Ha, nice.

You'd better be ready to roll on 12/26.

The pieces are slowly coming together... I will be ready.

I may go on a Gamestop Used Games binge soon, and may pick up a new copy of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (my previous copy got laser-fucked), The Godfather, and Gears 2. What else would you guys recommend?

Gears of War 2. My current and powerful gaming addiction.

ednortonx.jpg

I.....what? OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, curb stomping.

When you can do something like that and it's actually in context, everyone wins, and everyone laughs.

Yes.

So a combo deal of GTA IV, Gears 2, and another game sounds cool... possibly Call of Duty 4. Marvel's so cheap that it messes up the money value of the deal.

Well, if you liked LOTR type shit, I'd say get an older game: Oblivion IV Elder Scrolls.....shit is amazing.

My friend will let me borrow that or Mass Effect any time, so I'm not in a big rush to get it. I have a hard time re-playing RPGs once I finish.

Now that I have an HDTV, I'll be more inclined to play it.

My friend will let me borrow that or Mass Effect any time, so I'm not in a big rush to get it. I have a hard time re-playing RPGs once I finish.

Now that I have an HDTV, I'll be more inclined to play it.

I forgot about Mass Effect. Both are great. I've never replayed a RPG, but they get more and more intuitive, so, the gaming experience can be totally different the 2nd time around if you take a different moral path, etc.

GTA IV, you need that. Just total adrenaline, and of course the freedom to do missions or just randomly fuck everyone in Liberty City up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom