PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when I was about 12 or so, my friend swapped me the first Silent Hill for Crash Bandicoot. I managed to make it as far as the school. Those horrible little white things made me run out of my living room...crying. I don't know what ever became of that Cheryl bitch. I don't care to find out, either.

Nine years later and I still can't even entertain the thought of playing that game again. :lol:

:lol:

Those "child"-ghost things? Yeah they were pretty creepy...

Did you manage to make it to the other side of Silent Hill through the clock tower in the school? That's when things get even more freaky :evil:

Some things that happened at E3

Microsoft:
-Final Fantasy XIII now also for 360 as well as PS3
-new personal avatars like Mii's but with more customizing
-games talked about/mentioned/showed; banjo-kazooie: nuts and bolts, the last remnant, infinite undiscovery, star ocean 4, resident evil 5, gears of war 2, lips (karaoke), 1 vs 100, scene it, you're in the movies, galaga legends (XBLA), banjo-kazooie (XBLA), portal: still alive (XBLA), fable 2, rock band 2, fallout 3, viva piñata 2

Nintendo:
-Wii MotionPlus add-on to wiimote for more accurate and prescise movement tracking in games (1 to 1 movement now possible)
-WiiSpeak microphone not a headset, but a peripheral that sits atop the Wii sensor bar and allows an entire room to talk with another
-games talked about/mentioned/showed; wii sports resort, animal crossing: city folk, shaun white snowboarding, grand theft auto: chinatown wars (DS), wii music, call of duty: world at war, rayman raving rabbids: tv party, star wars: the clone wars - lightsaber duels, guitar hero: on tour - decades (DS), pokemon rangers: shadow of almia (DS), spore creatures (DS), pikmin 3, dead rising

Sony:
-greatest hits line (ala PS2) implemented for the playstation 3 including; resistance: fall of man, motorstorm, warhawk, call of duty 3, elder scrolls IV, ninja gaiden sigma, and more. $29.99
-80gb PS3 with no backwards compatibility. September @ $399
-MAG allows for 256 online players at one time in 8-person teams
-games talked about/mentioned/showed; littlebigplanet, lego: batman, rachet & clank: quest for booty, fl0wer, resistance 2, god of war III, MAG, dc universe online

My friend just lent me Bio-Shock. What do you guys think of it? I've only played through the first 5-10 minutes but already love the atmosphere and gameplay so far.

My friend just lent me Bio-Shock. What do you guys think of it? I've only played through the first 5-10 minutes but already love the atmosphere and gameplay so far.

A few reviews I've read of Bio-Shock have said that it's reminiscent of Deus Ex (a game I LOVED) so although I've not played it I'd like to (but there's no way it would run on my PC).

BioShock is considered one of the best games released this console generation so far. Doesn't seem like my type of game but when I finally decide to get off my arse and buy a 360 it's one of those must-play titles.

I bought it the day it came out and quite liked it, but I've yet to finish it. The combat itself is far from engaging, but the atmosphere and story is quite interesting. At some point I want to finish it, there's supposedly a huge twist at some point.

I bought it the day it came out and quite liked it, but I've yet to finish it. The combat itself is far from engaging, but the atmosphere and story is quite interesting. At some point I want to finish it, there's supposedly a huge twist at some point.

I played about 3 hours of it non-stop last night. Fun times.

:lol:

Those "child"-ghost things? Yeah they were pretty creepy...

Did you manage to make it to the other side of Silent Hill through the clock tower in the school? That's when things get even more freaky :evil:

I decided to download the game along with a PS1 emulator, and spent several hours playing it yesterday.

I now officially hate you for mentioning Silent Hill in the first place. :grumpy: I got through the tower. And the hospital (JESUS CHRIST, THE ZOMBIE NURSES.) And the sewer (WTF, MAN, WTF.) And the amusement park (ET TU, CYBIL? :sad: )...and then I got stuck.

PS: I had nightmares about the white/brown things in the sewer with the long claws. They reminded me of the pale man.

PPS: I laughed so hard in the lighthouse (or was it the boat?) There was a newspaper lying on a table with the headline "Bill Skins Fifth." Nothing like seeing random Silence Of The Lambs references in terrifying video games!

I decided to download the game along with a PS1 emulator, and spent several hours playing it yesterday.

I now officially hate you for mentioning Silent Hill in the first place. :grumpy: I got through the tower. And the hospital (JESUS CHRIST, THE ZOMBIE NURSES.) And the sewer (WTF, MAN, WTF.) And the amusement park (ET TU, CYBIL? :sad: )...and then I got stuck.

PS: I had nightmares about the white/brown things in the sewer with the long claws. They reminded me of the pale man.

PPS: I laughed so hard in the lighthouse (or was it the boat?) There was a newspaper lying on a table with the headline "Bill Skins Fifth." Nothing like seeing random Silence Of The Lambs references in terrifying video games!

:lol: that's awesome!

Where did you get stuck? I might be able to help you.

The thing I like the most about SH (other than the fact that it scares the living shit out of me) is that the story is so fucked up… Be prepared for a complete WTF at the end. There is a way to save Cheryl btw :shifty:

In terms of scary creatures other than the nurses, I hated those creepy monkey-things wandering the streets on the other side that make those creepy moaning noises in the distance :yikes:

:lol: that's awesome!

Where did you get stuck? I might be able to help you.

The thing I like the most about SH (other than the fact that it scares the living shit out of me) is that the story is so fucked up… Be prepared for a complete WTF at the end. There is a way to save Cheryl btw :shifty:

In terms of scary creatures other than the nurses, I hated those creepy monkey-things wandering the streets on the other side that make those creepy moaning noises in the distance :yikes:

It was in the dark version of the hospital (you know, where everything looks like it's a bicycle that has been left out in the rain for too long.) Called "nowhere," I believe? I figured out the puzzle with the Grim Reaper's list, got a bit of help online for the puzzle with the zodiac signs (still have no idea what that was about, to be honest) and couldn't go any further. Tried every door in just about every combination and simply could not find my way out again. Oh, and I also found some sort of shrine puzzle that mentioned something about light and darkness, but had no idea what to do with it. I cheated a bit and read that you need a camera to make it work? Argh, I didn't find a camera! :scream: Just like I didn't find a rifle to go with all those rifle shells scattered around the place... I guess it's just a case of me not finding certain items that are crucial to that part of the game.

Ack, the monkey things are horrible. Especially when they attack you... I couldn't find the map for the amusement park area of SH, so I had to run around blindly. The monkey men were everywhere! Other creepy things...those blood sucking tubes in the hospital! When I first entered the room, I was scared shitless. I tried killing it with fire (mmm shotgun) and wasted a whole bunch of ammo on it before realising I had to use the blood pack. :lol:

woops, to late to edit :madwife: I meant Cybil...

Interesting. :hmm: There's a way to keep her from turning into a backstabbing zombie bitch?

Oooh, this is a tough question. :drool:

I'd have to say PS3 for original games...Folklore, Ratchet and Clank, LittleBigPlanet :drool:, etc.

360 for online..c'mon you can't tell me you don't know at least 5 people with XBL

Wii...meh, I liked SSB and Zelda the first time without the weird controls. :hmm:

Picked up a Wii Fit today at Target, and I have to say---it's pretty sweet.

btw, key to getting it at a Target: They get Nintendo shipments every day, but never know what's going to be on the truck. Their shipments come in around midday, but they don't shelf the newly arrived stuff until the next morning. So, your best bet is to stop by or call as soon as the store opens. I picked mine up at 8:45 Saturday morning...45 mins after the store opened, and they had about 4 left.

No, I won't be your "Big Daddy", LeMac.

Cry little sister.

Even if you wear the suit?

I just finished it yesterday and it was a fulfilling experience. Any other 360 owners should buy or rent it, they won't be disappointed.

I really need to finish it at some point (same with GTA4, The Simpsons Game, Condemned 2, the Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion, Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and I haven't even started Mass Effect yet...)

When I was young I had the time, but couldn't afford games. Now that I can afford them, I don't seem to have the time. :huh:

The Wii should be the pinnacle platform for shooters and sports games. GTA on a Wii would have been amazing. It ends up being a real missed opportunity. Then there is EA Sports who have totally fucked up every Wii version of their games. They take up space with Family Play which means less features that other consoles have. I was really looking forward to the new NCAA Football game but the reviews sound terrible. Including major features missing and 90's graphics. I am starting to regret getting a Wii because of the subpar versions of games and lack of games I'd spend 50 dollars on. Of the three major consoles, the Wii looks like the one to have the shortest lifespan if the lack of great games continue.

I continue to hate the fucking Wii. I like to actually play sports, not to pretend to play them....and if I do pretend to play them, it might as well be Madden '09 or whatnot.

I have a 360, and I love it.

Mass Effect is on deck for me. GTA IV, got to the final scene and cannot quite finish it. Best game I played on the 360 was Elder Scrolls, that shit was amazing.

I really need to finish it at some point (same with GTA4, The Simpsons Game, Condemned 2, the Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion, Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and I haven't even started Mass Effect yet...)

When I was young I had the time, but couldn't afford games. Now that I can afford them, I don't seem to have the time. :huh:

Hah. I've never been much of a gamer, but if I have the time and the game's engrossing, then I'll go for it.

I'd buy the Ghostbusters game if it ever comes out... apparently it got dropped by its publisher before it was finished.

I continue to hate the fucking Wii. I like to actually play sports, not to pretend to play them....and if I do pretend to play them, it might as well be Madden '09 or whatnot.

I have a 360, and I love it.

Mass Effect is on deck for me. GTA IV, got to the final scene and cannot quite finish it. Best game I played on the 360 was Elder Scrolls, that shit was amazing.

I'm not a big fan of the Wii either.

Been interested in playing Mass Effect for a while, tell me how it goes?

NSW and LeMac, do you dudes have Xbox Live? If so, add me. My gamertag is U2. (let me know if you add me so I don't reject the friend request, I get a kajillion because people somehow think I actually am U2 because of the "game with fame" things some bands do on Xbox Live)

I have a Wii. I've played 5 games on it. There are no more games that interest me at this juncture. This sucks. I thought I'd like No More Heroes, but after 2 hours, I'd had enough. I hate GTA games, and I really hate GTA clones - though the killing was kinda fun for a while.

NSW and LeMac, do you dudes have Xbox Live? If so, add me. My gamertag is U2. (let me know if you add me so I don't reject the friend request, I get a kajillion because people somehow think I actually am U2 because of the "game with fame" things some bands do on Xbox Live)

I'll add you once I get moved into my new place this weekend. Mine is Mark Cuban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom