4. Get Gran Turismo 5
5. Profit + sex

Old 01-25-2008, 12:53 AM   #92
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
Well if anyone wants to face me in COD4 on the 360 bring it cause I need to snipe some bitches, put them in their place.
You don't snipe at Carrington, Tuna.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #93
Protecting my eyes ARRRR!!!

Local Time: 11:43 AM
I managed to get a Wii online today from Game. It got despatched this afternoon.

I was lucky my manager at work let me prolong my lunch break and order it, then make up my shift at the end of the day as they'd all gone when I got home.

6 countries,11 shows. AMAZING FRIENDS AND MEMORIES = Jem's priceless 360 Tour
Old 02-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #94
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:43 AM
I can't wait to get Force Unleashed and Ghostbusters around the end of the year.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:14 AM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:43 AM
I'm not a gamer, but with the Blu-ray HD format about to win the war against HD-DVD, there's another reason to own a PS3.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:30 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
I'm not a gamer, but with the Blu-ray HD format about to win the war against HD-DVD, there's another reason to own a PS3.

until the ps3 gets better games

360 for me
Old 02-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

I'm betting that will happen more now that Blu-ray is the HD format of the future.

But then again, I don't know enough about the games.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:27 PM   #98
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

I got a Wii because I refuse to be a pawn in the blu-ray/HD war.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:43 AM
I think that war is over Beav.
Which is good.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:44 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

How does Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD have anything to do with Game sales and consoles? The 360 has passed the PS3 in sales. Unlike the PS3 you get exclusive content for your games unlike the PS3. So yeah, GTA IV will have exclusive content the PS3 will not have. The 360 will continue to win this console war this time. The PS3 has the almost the same games the 360 already has. Until Metal Gear Solid comes out the PS3 will continue to lose the console war.
The PS3 will never see Gears of War, or Halo3, Ninja Gaiden is coming out soon to the 360, as is Resident Evil 5, which will come out for the ps3 eventually but again exclusive down loadable content. Also the fact that the 360 has the biggest online console community.

Plus Down loadable HD movies will be the future. You can download Movies and TV shows in HD on the 360, you can download Original Xbox games to your xbox, and all on the hard drive. You can also use your 360 as a PC Media Center and tape shows (almost like TIVO) to your 360.

Thank You and have a nice day.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #101
Blue Crack Addict

What, you had to make the same exact post in two different threads? One rant is enough, thanks.

I don't know much about the gaming industry, but if Blu-ray is the future of HD, I would think that would eventually give the PS3 an edge.

And downloadable HD movies will not the be future right away. The quality of HD downloads is not as good as Blu-ray or HD-DVD, and until that is fixed, Blu-ray will be a strong player in the HD market.

I agree that HD downloads will eventually be part of it, but movie enthusiasts like to have an actual disc and artwork, so it's going to be the format for a while.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
What, you had to make the same exact post in two different threads? One rant is enough, thanks.

I don't know much about the gaming industry, but if Blu-ray is the future of HD, I would think that would eventually give the PS3 an edge.

And downloadable HD movies will not the be future right away. The quality of HD downloads is not as good as Blu-ray or HD-DVD, and until that is fixed, Blu-ray will be a strong player in the HD market.

I agree that HD downloads will eventually be part of it, but movie enthusiasts like to have an actual disc and artwork, so it's going to be the format for a while.
I downloaded Lost in HD and it is as great in quality as a blu ray or HD-DVD disc.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:03 PM   #103
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I downloaded Lost in HD and it is as great in quality as a blu ray or HD-DVD disc.
And do you have a Blu-ray or HD-DVD disc to compare it to, or are you just making an assumption?

Quote:
This is why the future belongs to Blu-ray

The blu-ray vs HD DVD war is over. Is it now Blu-ray vs digital downloads?

The high definition format war appears to be over. Blu-ray has won, HD DVD is finished. Toshiba can deny it as much as it wants, but the cold hard facts don't lie.

And so now that the war between HD DVD and Blu-ray seems to be drawing to a close, a debate which had remained dormant for some months has again reared its controversial head. Some people say that Blu-ray's victory is meaningless. They say that digital downloads are the future. And that optical disc formats are old hat.

This I don't buy. At least, not yet I don't.

The two most recent examples I can give of people voicing these opinions are two stories we covered right here on TechRadar. Apple CEO, Steve Jobs, and then Seagate CEO, Bill Watkins, both separately came out recently and basically suggested that: 'downloads are the future, and Blu-ray will die on its ass'.

So, are they right? Or is it all a load of dingo's kidneys? Well, I'd say that you only need to look at the motivations that exist for certain individuals to be saying such things.

Blu-ray: the last optical disc format

Steve Jobs and his iTunes empire would benefit hugely from people snubbing Blu-ray in favour of downloading movies. Even a foetus wouldn't need to be told why.

And likewise, what about Seagate's Bill Watkins? It doesn't take a genius to work out that a manufacturer of storage devices would stand to benefit enormously from a massive upturn in digital movie downloads. After all, where are all these movies going to be kept? On Seagate hard drives perhaps?

We can discount their opinions, then. Because they're biased. And as such, they are themselves meaningless.

So what do I seriously think will happen? I believe that digital downloads are definitely the way forward. Blu-ray Disc Association chairman, Frank Simonis, told us himself that Blu-ray will be the last optical format before downloads take over.

But I can't see the mass-transition to downloads happening for quite some time yet. Sure, all those tech savvy Xbox, PlayStation and iTunes users out there can say they like downloading stuff. But at the moment there are several impracticalities which make mass-market video downloading totally impossible - at least for the time being.

Blu-ray vs digital downloads

Firstly, for Blu-ray to be ousted by downloads, you've got to convince the billions of technophobes out there who couldn't even programme their old VCRs that an even more complex system is worth trying.

The day my mother downloads and watches a Hollywood movie from the web will be the day I deep fry and eat my Seagate FreeAgent portable hard drive.

People like simplicity. People like to buy a disc and put it in a player. They wouldn't like having to try and remember which hard disc, or which device they downloaded Gremlins to last year. They'd prefer to just go and find it on their shelf.

Sure it might also be hard to convince people to invest in the Blu-ray format. But Blu-ray is simply a continuation of an idea which has existed ever since music on vinyl hit the mainstream in the 1930s. We've had various forms of tapes and discs since then, Blu-ray being the latest and most advanced.

But downloads are a new thing entirely. Convincing people to try it will take many years. And in the meantime, with people snapping up LCD and plasma tellies like chocolate bars, they're going to want some HD content to watch on them.

Blu-ray offers an easy solution for normal people today. Downloads, don't.
http://www.tech.co.uk/rungsberry/gen...ngs-to-blu-ray

I've gone slightly offtopic now, so I'll stop.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:37 PM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Nah keep going Phan. Yes I have an HD-DVD player (xbox 360 attachment) and yes I know HD-DVD is dead but I love it. When you asked me to compare. I watched the first Harry Potter on HD-DVD it was grainy where as the Lost HD Down load was crystal clear. I will not get rid of the HD-DVD Player. I will be buying up the HD movies as they go into the bargain bin. Plus I didn't spend 100 bucks on the Harry Potter HD set for nothing.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:37 AM   #105
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Plus I didn't spend 100 bucks on the Harry Potter HD set for nothing.
yea i think ya might have.

Tags
playstation, video game consoles, wii, xbox