PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ???? - Page 62 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #916
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
I don't know how many times I have to bash this into your fucking dome: we don't all own livestock.
Come on.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-18-2009, 09:35 PM   #917
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 12:14 PM
Everything I know about Texas, I learned from Full Metal Jacket.
__________________

__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 02-19-2009, 06:47 AM   #918
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
"the towel trick"?? Should I ask?
Basically, you wrap it in 2-3 towels and let it overheat for 25 minutes, let it cool down for another 20, and then it should work.....Its a temp fix, and It didn't really work much for me....but I've currently pulled my Xbox compleley apart and am looking at a few good youtube videos on how to fix the RRoD, or at least try.

No Guides for the PS3 though....I miss my Blu-Ray.
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 02-19-2009, 08:24 AM   #919
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Basically, you wrap it in 2-3 towels and let it overheat for 25 minutes, let it cool down for another 20, and then it should work.....Its a temp fix, and It didn't really work much for me....but I've currently pulled my Xbox compleley apart and am looking at a few good youtube videos on how to fix the RRoD, or at least try.

No Guides for the PS3 though....I miss my Blu-Ray.
It's dead. Same thing happened to me 2 days before Christmas, I had to send it to MTC (the repair facility) and they couldn't even fix it, they just sent me back a brand new PS3 (with a new hard drive, I lost everything I had saved and all my downloads ). I can give you the number for Sony Computer Entertainment America (if you're in North America) they can possibly come up with a solution for you. It's 1-800-345-SONY (7669). Good luck, I know it's painful when you're game-less and bored.
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 02-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #920
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Basically, you wrap it in 2-3 towels and let it overheat for 25 minutes, let it cool down for another 20, and then it should work.....Its a temp fix, and It didn't really work much for me....but I've currently pulled my Xbox compleley apart and am looking at a few good youtube videos on how to fix the RRoD, or at least try.

No Guides for the PS3 though....I miss my Blu-Ray.
If you get the three red lights, Microsoft fixes it for free. It's the only out-of-warranty repair you don't have to pay for. I've done it twice.
__________________
impy13 is offline  
Old 02-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #921
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
If you get the three red lights, Microsoft fixes it for free. It's the only out-of-warranty repair you don't have to pay for. I've done it twice.
I've done it once as well. Now that it's been opened up though, they won't cover it.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 02-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #922
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
If you get the three red lights, Microsoft fixes it for free. It's the only out-of-warranty repair you don't have to pay for. I've done it twice.
Yeah I know about that, I just couldn't be bothered. I've read, and watched a few guide/videos, and it seems easy enough to fix it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
It's dead. Same thing happened to me 2 days before Christmas, I had to send it to MTC (the repair facility) and they couldn't even fix it, they just sent me back a brand new PS3 (with a new hard drive, I lost everything I had saved and all my downloads ). I can give you the number for Sony Computer Entertainment America (if you're in North America) they can possibly come up with a solution for you. It's 1-800-345-SONY (7669). Good luck, I know it's painful when you're game-less and bored.
Unfortunately I'm in Australia, and the thing is still in pieces (I pulled it apart to retrieve my NBA Live 09 disc) Plus Its out of warranty (I only got a 12 month one) So I'm thinking the cheaper option is to fix my old 360.
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 02-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #923
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 01:14 PM
Has anyone played Dangerous Creatures on Wii? I think that game looks cool as hell. Thinking about picking it up.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #924
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 12:14 PM
I randomly got the idea into my head Wednesday night that I should upgrade my launch 360 to an Elite, and then upgrade my HD television to something even larger with 1080p to match the Elite's upgraded capabilities.

I did both yesterday.

I am in video game heaven.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #925
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I randomly got the idea into my head Wednesday night that I should upgrade my launch 360 to an Elite, and then upgrade my HD television to something even larger with 1080p to match the Elite's upgraded capabilities.

I did both yesterday.

I am in video game heaven.
what kind of TV did you get?

Electronic talk is my version of porn
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #926
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:14 AM
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #927
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
what kind of TV did you get?

Electronic talk is my version of porn
46” high-definition LCD TV LN46A650 - LCD TV - televisions | SAMSUNG


It had received numerous awards and had about the highest user reviews I could find for most any tv, so I went with it. I initially considered making the jump to a 50 inch (old tv was 42), but decided it would be too large for my living room. I'm surprised what a difference 4 more inches (zomg, blue pill!) and the move from 720p to 1080p made gaming wise. I was expecting more clarity and detail, but I'm seeing things I didn't even know existed previously in games I've played numerous times now. My HD cable signal looks considerably better on the TV too. Pretty cool stuff, I'm very happy with my purchasingz.

NSW, Gears 2 was the first game I put in to "test" the new set up. Watching my first chainsawing on that tv was like watching my first born learn how to walk.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #928
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 01:14 PM
fucking sweet, elfa is jealous right now.
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 12:20 PM   #929
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:14 AM
I play GOW2 and all other XBox mambo-jambo on a 50 inch Panasonic HDTV. It's sublime. 1080p. The first thing I ever watched on it was the opening ceremonies in Beijing....unreal. I almost cried.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #930
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
fucking sweet, elfa is jealous right now.


I'm not going to lie, Elfa, finally having a set that does 1080p makes a PS3 somewhat more appealing. I think it would be a while before I got one, but still, might be cool having all 3 systems. Then again, it may be the nerdiest thing I've ever considered, and the nail in the coffin that I'll never get married.

__________________

__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
playstation, video game consoles, wii, xbox

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com