PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Philk? said:
I created a bono and edge wii mii. :) They both hit home runs in baseball last night.

Ha! My wii guy is called "Bud". He looks more like Edge than anything. 'Cept he has spiky hair :lol:

what's this about the wii number? You mean we could actually play tennis or golf against each other?!?!? :drool:

Wii sports doesn't go online unfortunately. I'm sure the sequel probably will.

My recommendations (just purely personal taste)
-Twilight Princess
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
-Mario Galaxy
-Super Paper Mario
-Smash Bros. Brawl
-Guitar Hero III
-No More Heroes
-Zack & Wiki

They are all great games and give you a variety of genres to choose from. The last two on my list are kinda hit and miss for some people. No More Heroes in an M-rated action game, it's very stylish and bloody, from the same people who made Killer 7 a couple years ago. Totally unique experience, one of the most original games I've played lately. Zack and Wiki is a point and click adventure puzzler like those old computer games where you pick up random objects and use them to progress through levels.

There's also a lot of older games that were redone for the Wii in case you missed it. Like Resident Evil 4, Okami (really overlooked gem), and Bully. As always you can just YouTube the games and check out some gameplay videos to see if you like any of the ones I mentioned.

Last edited:
RedrocksU2 said:
Can you do a "fast" serve????????:lol:

I did a "fast" serve this morning, or fast for me anyway. :wink::lol:

My wii number if anyone in this thread wants to add me is:

5352 2028 0250 3187

Send me a message so i know which inteferencer you are. :)

I just ordered Mario Kart for my Wii so i can't wait to play online. It should be here by wednesday. :hyper:

Its a shame you can't play Wii Sports online, it would be so much fun. I did really well at the bowling this morning. :lol:

Last edited:
I finally found a Wii on ebay that was about what one would've cost me here including tax. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week :hyper:

It will probably be awhile until I get it online, because I'm going to wait and buy a wireless router when I get my new computer. I'm going to buy a few used games on ebay, though. I didn't know Mario Kart was available for Wii. I used to love to play that!

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I finally found a Wii on ebay that was about what one would've cost me here including tax. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week :hyper:

It will probably be awhile until I get it online, because I'm going to wait and buy a wireless router when I get my new computer. I'm going to buy a few used games on ebay, though. I didn't know Mario Kart was available for Wii. I used to love to play that!

You can go online with it with a USB cable i think though i haven't tried it.

:hyper: At your Wii. :hug:

Mario Kart Wii was just released last week. :D

I bought used copies of Mario Party 8 and the Zelda game on ebay. Those and the sports game will be enough to keep me busy for awhile, I'm sure. I'll probably wait awhile and look for a used copy of Mario Kart, too. I saw that it comes with a steering wheel :lol:

bonoishot said:

Mario Kart Wii was just released last week. :D

Still 2 weeks away in NA. Why Nintendo didn't do their research to realize they're dumping it the same week as GTA4 in North America, I don't know.

u2popmofo said:

Still 2 weeks away in NA. Why Nintendo didn't do their research to realize they're dumping it the same week as GTA4 in North America, I don't know.

The UK/Europe actually got something first. :shocked: Maybe the wanted to see how they will do against the competition? :shrug:

Mine just arrived today with the Wii, i spent about 2 hours straight palying people around europe then realised i hadn't eaten. :lol:

Just bought Mario Kart Wii today. I'm hopeless at it if I use the wheel so I'm sticking to the remote and nunchuck control at the moment!

TheQuiet1 said:
Just bought Mario Kart Wii today. I'm hopeless at it if I use the wheel so I'm sticking to the remote and nunchuck control at the moment!

I was wondering about that. Everyone's so caught up with GTAIV we've completely ignored Mario Kart.

How is it?

I'm going to wait awhile to buy it, until used copies start showing up on ebay. I just started the Legend of Zelda game last night. It's taking me awhile to get used to the controls for some reason. And I can't figure out how to make that damn cat in the village go home :grumpy:

Once you get used to the Zelda controls, it's fantastic. As for that cat, I haven't played the game in a year so I have no clue. :shrug:

There's always gamefaqs.com.

If you still haven't figured out how to do the cat thing, you have to catch a fish, and then the cat will follow you around, so make him come near the dock on the side of the house with the watermill thingie, and catch another fish again and then the cat will pick it up and run home. I'm sure you're way past that by now, but I was bored and wanted to post about video games lol

BrownEyedBoy said:

I was wondering about that. Everyone's so caught up with GTAIV we've completely ignored Mario Kart.

How is it?

It hasn't grabbed me as much as Mraio Kart DS did but I think that might have a lot to do with the fact that I'm still in the middle of playing Super Mario Galaxy so haven't played it enough yet.

Got Philk? said:
^amazing. I love it. :D

I bought it yesterday.

At first I had to go through the learning curve of using the wheel and I must say I wasn't expecting it to be that responsive. Even though it does take some getting used to and the control stick just by experience is a lot more comfortable to use, once you get the hang of it it's a lot more satisfying to play the game like that.

I haven't gotten past the 50cc's Grand Prix's yet so it's still kind of slow.

I love that I've been able to buy old SNES games for next to nothing. I accidentally stayed up until after 1 last night playing Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past :reject:

BrownEyedBoy said:
I've played Mario Kart Online pretty much flawlessly but I haven't been able to make Brawl work online that well? Anyone have a clue why this happens?

Nintendo's net code is atrocious.

You're not the first person I've heard say this though. Brawl wouldn't even let me join games the one time I tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom