PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Force Unleashed on the Wii is going to be terrible, but not on the PS3 or 360.

Such is a fact of life.

Even if you can wave your Wii-stick around like a lightsaber, it's insignificant to the power of the next-gen graphics/engine.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Even if you can wave your Wii-stick around like a lightsaber, it's insignificant to the power of the next-gen graphics/engine.

This has become my ultimate conclusion as well.

I'm still waiting for an unexpected $1000 to fall in my lap so I can buy a PS3. Until then I'll keep dreaming. :sigh:

namkcuR said:
No Wii love :(

Some good games coming up...

Mario Kart Wii coming in a month or two.

Star Wars Force Unleashed and Top Spin Tennis 3 coming in the summer.

I still gotta get Mario Galaxy. Maybe Metroid Prime 3(don't know about that one).
With the way this generation is going. The anti-Wii people will have to suck it up and buy one because soon all developers are going to be putting the most focus on games for that console. It's PS2 all over again. You're going to get tons of great games but plenty of shovelware. Not to mention last generation PS2 was the worst on the market visually but it didn't matter one bit. Same seemed to be the case for DS>PSP. Graphic whores am cry lots. :(

Really I don't see how anyone who cares about the best looking games could lean towards a PS3 in the first place, when its 360 multiplatform counterparts consistently have better graphics, less screen tearing, less pop-up, less lag etc. In fact the only recent game I can think of that the PS3 has a higher average review score is Devil May Cry 4. But if paying a couple hundred more for a 1.3% better game is your thing, more power to you. Then again I wouldn't wanna worry about becoming part of the 16% failure rate of bricked 3FixMe's either.

Also you should definitely get MP3:C if you enjoyed the first two. It's actually got some pretty unique ideas and finishes off the trilogy nicely. It's too bad it was overshadowed by Nintendo stupidly releasing it the same time as Halo 3. They did that with the first Prime and I'm not sure why they tried it again.

PS3 has no good games that aren't ports, and you'll have to sell all your worldly possessions to be able to afford one. But yeah, it looks nice, I guess.

XBox 360 is powerful technically and has a strong selection of games, along with the best internet gaming service of all the systems, but everyone who owns one just got screwed over by the death of HD-DVD.

The Wii is weak from a technical standpoint, but there's never been another system like it. It's cheap, personable, and certainly different. Still not very powerful though.

There is no "ZOMG FUCKIN' DOMINANCE" system yet like the the PS2 was, and I don't think there will be any time soon. Just enjoy what you have and forget about the console wars.

LemonMelon said:
There is no "ZOMG FUCKIN' DOMINANCE" system yet like the the PS2 was, and I don't think there will be any time soon. Just enjoy what you have and forget about the console wars.

:up:

I've had both consoles (PS3 and 360) And Both were great, Until the Xbox died and Microsoft didn't want to answer their phones.

I own both the Wii and the PS3 and I have to admit I use the Ps3 a hell of a lot more than the Wii. I own Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy (this game being the only reason why I bought the console in the first place) and of course, Wii Sports. Once I beat Zelda and Mario I´ve mostly stuck to my PS3.

The other day I realized I was completely neglecting my Wii so I decided to rent a game for it. I chose Batallion Wars, which was terrible, and terrible graphics that didn´t really translate well to my TV´s 16:9 resolution despite having switched the Wii´s settings to transmit in that resolution. I played for five minutes than went back to the renting place and changed it for the PS3´s Ratchet and Clank (pretty good).

I don´t know. I keep looking for good Wii games to play but most of them have terrible graphics which is kind of a turn off after you´ve been spoiled playing beautiful PS3 games for a while.

The only games that are really worth playing are the Nintendo games for their own console. So I would say that if you´re going to only own one console, I´d go for the PS3 based on the blu-ray having won and not having that ominous "red ring of death" idea in the back of your head while playing the 360.

Here is where Nintendo is pure win over Microsoft to me.

My wii stopped working after 2 weeks because of a memory card I had. Nintendo e-mailed me a label, and I shipped it, got a new wii back in 1.5 weeks. This was all for free.

Now that Super Smash Bros Brawl seems to be tripping up some wiis (it's the first dual layer DVD for wii), Nintendo is replacing the laser with express shipping, both ways, absolutely free. If there is a problem, Nintendo's customer service is second to none.

I'm serious. Think twice. You'll LOVE wii sports (if you have more than one controler) and the other Nintendo games (Mario Party, Galaxy, Smash, Zelda,etc.) but it'll be hard to find other games besides those other ones that actually look good and that play well. So seriously, think twice about it.

Well I bought a Wii on Wednesday along with Super Mario Galaxy and so far I'm loving it. I reall-

BrownEyedBoy said:
I'm serious. Think twice. You'll LOVE wii sports (if you have more than one controler) and the other Nintendo games (Mario Party, Galaxy, Smash, Zelda,etc.) but it'll be hard to find other games besides those other ones that actually look good and that play well. So seriously, think twice about it.

-aw crap!

:wink:

To be honest though for me (and I realise it may well just be me) even if the only games I ever bought for the Wii were Nintendo ones or ones I'd downloaded from the virtual console I'd be OK with that. I'd rather have 6 brilliant games for it then 15 so-so ones but that's probably because I don't see myself being on it enough to get bored of the games I've got. (If that makes sense?)

BrownEyedBoy said:

See, I have thought a lot about it. The thing is, I have a good computer with lots of games. The thing about XBoX and PS3 is they are just another console for the games I can play on PC already...

There is nothing like the Wii...but I do thank you for your opinion.

Brothers and Sisters, I now own the Wii!

Lies heard from someone that best buy got like 20 in last night. So this afternoon, I rushed over there to see if any were left and there was. :sigh:

Then my fever came back and I have but no choice....I must sit and rest playing my Wii tennis. :D

:lol: people will think me simple if I tell you....:sad:

Sports
Game Party
Star Wars
Table Tennis
the sword one (cant remember)
some racing 4X4 thingy
manhunt
call of duty

and if youre so inclined, guitar hero, altho I hate the fuckin thing I get booed off the stage regularly by like the second chorus :lmao:

forgive me, my kids barely let me get near it :mad:

Last edited:
I would say Mario Galaxy and Zelda. Smash Brothers is a must and I'm positive Mario Kart will be as well, whenever it is that it comes out. I would also like recommendations for the wii. I rented BWii ...and it sucked so don't even bother with that.

Got Philk? said:
Mario Kart comes out I think April 29th or something along that date...which is great b/c that is my last week of Student Teaching. mmm....gift for me.

Mario Galaxy looks sweet.

Mario Galaxy. :drool:

I want Mario Kart aswell. :hyper: Must pre-order, it will be cheaper that way. :hmm:

:wink:

Enjoy your new Wii. :D

:up: Yep my daughter is hooked on both Mario Galaxy and Smash...I havent played it yet but it looks cool...

Call of Duty with the rifle controller :drool: and I hate war games, but that one is just too cool to pass up :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom