Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 12:50 PM   #571
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I'd look into seeing if you can adjust the settings on your router, as it helps a great deal with match making and playing with friends. Sometimes it'll even not let you join certain friends if you have strict NAT settings. Here's a couple links that should help:

Troubleshooting NAT issues
Xbox: The Diagnostic Server shows Network Address Translation (NAT) type problems when using Xbox Live

NSW, how can you worship Horde and not like Coop? Horde IS coop! Looking at it, there are a few coop multiplayer modes on GTA, or we can just free mode, or shoot each other.
Double-splattered!

Old 12-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #572
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:38 PM
Quote:

NSW, how can you worship Horde and not like Coop? Horde IS coop! Looking at it, there are a few coop multiplayer modes on GTA, or we can just free mode, or shoot each other.
You're right.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:42 PM   #573
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile View Post

Agree with you here but I honestly don't see the PS3 coming out with anything that will define the system or make us dedicated 360 users to go out and buy one.

Popmofo and I were discussing this just yesterday....the PS3 is doomed. Prices are coming down for bluray players so that marketing position is gone. As for games, they aren't doing anything to impressive with PS3 exclusive games and the games that are on both consoles always seem to play and look better on the 360 anyways. As for online capabilites, MS wins hands down. Hell, Sony is just now promoting that the PS3 can download movies....360 has been doing that basically from day one.
Metal Gear and Little Big Planet are the only two I can think of so far... we'll see.

As for the PS3's demise, I wouldn't count on it just yet; Sony has sunk WAY too much money into it to just walk away...

I think if they put out a couple more really good games, cut the price again by at least $50 and lower the prices for new games, they could be right back into it.

Remember when they released the original Playstation? Everyone figured Nintendo and Sega would eat them for lunch...
Old 12-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #574
The Fly

Local Time: 08:38 PM
It's an interesting industry to me....I wonder where it will wind up?

I don't think the PS3's demise is not now nessecarily but I think the choices they have made will sink it eventually. Who even knows if bluray will be here to stay?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:52 PM   #575
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
THAT'S THE ONE! son of a bitch has killed me twice now!

I'm glad that they are considered the second toughest enemy in the game behind Death Claws though, makes me feel better about getting my ass kicked...
Well, let's just say they're tough for a basic "creature" enemy, there are far tougher things in the game to look forward to, my friend.

NSW, you missed out on LeMac and I double teabagging an annoying 12 year old on Halo 3 last night.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #576
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
Metal Gear and Little Big Planet are the only two I can think of so far... we'll see.

As for the PS3's demise, I wouldn't count on it just yet; Sony has sunk WAY too much money into it to just walk away...

I think if they put out a couple more really good games, cut the price again by at least $50 and lower the prices for new games, they could be right back into it.

Remember when they released the original Playstation? Everyone figured Nintendo and Sega would eat them for lunch...
Here's an article in the Wall Street Journal about what we've been talking about:

PS3 Sags in Battle Again Xbox 360, Wii - WSJ.com

I don't think the PS3 is dead in the water, but they do have quite an uphill battle. Regardless, interesting article.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #577
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Well, let's just say they're tough for a basic "creature" enemy, there are far tougher things in the game to look forward to, my friend.

NSW, you missed out on LeMac and I double teabagging an annoying 12 year old on Halo 3 last night.
Ha, awesome.

In turn, you missed out on me and my two LA buddies playing public Whorde....and we ended up with a ten year old kid whose gamer tag was Box(followed by two numerals, forget which). It took the three of us about two waves to thoroughly exasperate Box, who was a better player than any of us, with our nonsense. At one point, one of us cursed, and I yelled "There's a ten year old playing, stop cursing", whereupon Box said "All of you shut the fuck up!" and after that I literally could not stop laughing for the rest of the game. We made it to Wave 10, and Box was knocked down and bleeding, yelling for us to save him. I then told him that we would not at all save him, that he was going to learn about just how rough life was, and then the rest of us died, but not before Box could tell us that we all sucked ass. Classic. Box might be the love child of Lazarus and U2Kitten, not sure.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:18 PM   #578
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
we ended up with a ten year old kid whose gamer tag was Box(followed by two numerals, forget which).
my guess is 98.

hilarious story, though. i forgot about the whole xbox live thing where you could talk while playing the game, it's been so long.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:20 PM   #579
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
my guess is 98.

hilarious story, though. i forgot about the whole xbox live thing where you could talk while playing the game, it's been so long.
It's still relatively new to me, and, frankly, all I want to do is play and not talk shit.....but Box was fucking hilarious, and one of my friends was drunk and kept yelling "West Side!", which was apropos of nothing at all. He would then encourage Box to "West Side it, Box!" which thoroughly irritated Box.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:22 PM   #580
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
It's still relatively new to me, and, frankly, all I want to do is play and not talk shit.....but Box was fucking hilarious, and one of my friends was drunk and kept yelling "West Side!", which was apropos of nothing at all. He would then encourage Box to "West Side it, Box!" which thoroughly irritated Box.
yeah, when i played halo i usually kept the damn headset off. it got annoying with the "lolzzz a gurl!!" crap. though it didn't help i usually played with people i knew from another forum, and that's pretty much how the whole damn forum is.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:24 PM   #581
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
yeah, when i played halo i usually kept the damn headset off. it got annoying with the "lolzzz a gurl!!" crap. though it didn't help i usually played with people i knew from another forum, and that's pretty much how the whole damn forum is.
Playing with my buddies out West or with Scumbo, and now YLB is a riot. Playing with strangers is pure pot luck. I've played with my ex a few times in recent weeks, and if we play public, she gets the same "Itz a gurl!!!!" stuff, but she could not care less.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:38 PM   #582
Blue Meth Addict

Haha, that story rules. You made me do a real life "lol". LeMac and I were commenting on how shitty some people's usertags are.

Audiophile came over to my place earlier today, and we traded off every level on Horde for a while. We ended up playing with some guy whose usertag was "A 1981 Firebird", or some similar car. We made it a point to call him by his full gamertag the entirety of the match. "Look out, A 1981 Firebird, here comes a flamethrower!", "Hey, A 1981 Firebird, do you need some help?", "Hey A 1981 Firebird, do you like Halo?", Etc.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #583
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Haha, that story rules. You made me do a real life "lol". LeMac and I were commenting on how shitty some people's usertags are.

Audiophile came over to my place earlier today, and we traded off every level on Horde for a while. We ended up playing with some guy whose usertag was "A 1981 Firebird", or some similar car. We made it a point to call him by his entire gamertag the entirety of the match. "Look out, A 1981 Firebird, here comes a flamethrower!", "Hey, A 1981 Firebird, do you need some help?", Etc.
You should play with me and my 2 idiot friends at some point. Or I should join you and Audiophile.

Calling him "A 1981 Firebird" is fantastic. I'm not sure if my tag is lame, awesome or in the middle. At least you can easily shorten it to "moon" in a pinch.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:50 PM   #584
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Audiophile came over to my place earlier today, and we traded off every level on Horde for a while. We ended up playing with some guy whose usertag was "A 1981 Firebird", or some similar car. We made it a point to call him by his full gamertag the entirety of the match. "Look out, A 1981 Firebird, here comes a flamethrower!", "Hey, A 1981 Firebird, do you need some help?", "Hey A 1981 Firebird, do you like Halo?", Etc.
that's hilarious.

Quote:
I'm not sure if my tag is lame, awesome or in the middle. At least you can easily shorten it to "moon" in a pinch.
what is it? though i'm gonna go on record now and say it's lame. just like U2's new album is lame.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:03 PM   #585
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
that's hilarious.

what is it? though i'm gonna go on record now and say it's lame. just like U2's new album is lame.
It's somewhere in this thread. Go find it.

Tags
playstation, video game consoles, wii, xbox