PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ???? - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #556
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Halo 3 is quite short. I'm almost done with it, and I haven't put that much time into it.



Does anyone have NHL 09? Have you tried that "Be a Pro" mode - or whatever it's called. I found it last night and holy shit it's addicting. You create a guy and have to earn a spot on an NHL team. I'm in the AHL at the moment, but I have 3 goals in 3 games. I spent 2 hours playing around with it last night. It's cool as hell.

Also - the Islanders are 7-2-1 in my XBOX world, so I might just move in there until next October when the real Islanders will hopefully suck less. So if my posts in the NHL thread seem odd and don't jive with reality, that's just me confusing the XBOX and real life. It happens everytime I play games. It'll pass.
__________________

__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #557
Blue Crack Addict
 
Doozer61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Setting up house on Scooter's Star
Posts: 20,218
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Beav, thanks for trying to help.
__________________

__________________
Doozer61 is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #558
The Fly
 
Audiophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 150
Local Time: 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
watch out for the bears, this one stupid bear keeps killing me

I have yet to see any bears......maybe bear spray is good idea?
__________________
Audiophile is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 04:52 PM   #559
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,693
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile View Post
I have yet to see any bears......maybe bear spray is good idea?
gonna need more than spray for this one
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #560
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
Halo 3 is quite short. I'm almost done with it, and I haven't put that much time into it.
Halo 3 really needs to be played on Heroic difficulty on your first time through in my opinion. Better AI, more enemies, more fun. If you play coop, Legendary is necessary (particularly if you have more than 2 people playing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile View Post
I have yet to see any bears......maybe bear spray is good idea?
I think he means the "Yao Guai", or whatever they're called.


For my fellow Fallouters, here are a couple links that are extremely helpful to refer to while playing:

Fallout Wiki - The Vault

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...dLocations.jpg
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 05:43 PM   #561
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I was in the middle of playing Whorde when you invited me.
As you always are, Sonny Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I was turning my 360 off when I got the invite. I had to build some furniture. Seriously, I was building a bookshelf at midnight. "Good" times.
Fantastic.

How about tonight, fellas? GTA or Halo 3, your picks.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #562
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 04:37 AM
Cool, I'm in (at least for a little while, Fallout calls).

Doesn't GTA have some sort of coop missions as well?
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #563
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
As you always are, Sonny Jim.



Fantastic.

How about tonight, fellas? GTA or Halo 3, your picks.
I'll be out with some coworkers, watching Northwestern play tonight, but if you're playing once I get home, I'm in. You'll need to invite me and shit, cos I've never really played GTA multi-player, and got confused and a little scared the one time I even attempted it.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #564
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 04:37 AM
I don't know if they have Coop missions, but I do know there are different multiplayer modes.

Rockstar Games: Grand Theft Auto IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I'll be out with some coworkers, watching Northwestern play tonight, but if you're playing once I get home, I'm in. You'll need to invite me and shit, cos I've never really played GTA multi-player, and got confused and a little scared the one time I even attempted it.
I'll be playing tonight, probably starting around 11 EST.

In the mode I was playing last night, you just ran around the city blowing shit up, but with no cops coming around.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 05:54 PM   #565
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
I don't know if they have Coop missions, but I do know there are different multiplayer modes.

Rockstar Games: Grand Theft Auto IV
I don't even like coop missions. I want to run around and either kill each other, or kill some strangers as a team. I'm not even looking at that fucking link, I'll look for an invite and then start shooting people. Same with Halo 3 if that's going down. At least GTA I've played and know what I'm doing, etc....
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #566
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I don't even like coop missions. I want to run around and either kill each other, or kill some strangers as a team. I'm not even looking at that fucking link, I'll look for an invite and then start shooting people. Same with Halo 3 if that's going down. At least GTA I've played and know what I'm doing, etc....
Let's Free Mode that shit right then.

I'd rather Coop for Halo 3 than play against, but either is fine with me. Apparently I have NAT issues that mess me up with matchmaking on Halo 3, whatever that means.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 06:32 PM   #567
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Let's Free Mode that shit right then.

I'd rather Coop for Halo 3 than play against, but either is fine with me. Apparently I have NAT issues that mess me up with matchmaking on Halo 3, whatever that means.
I'd look into seeing if you can adjust the settings on your router, as it helps a great deal with match making and playing with friends. Sometimes it'll even not let you join certain friends if you have strict NAT settings. Here's a couple links that should help:

Troubleshooting NAT issues
Xbox: The Diagnostic Server shows Network Address Translation (NAT) type problems when using Xbox Live


NSW, how can you worship Horde and not like Coop? Horde IS coop! Looking at it, there are a few coop multiplayer modes on GTA, or we can just free mode, or shoot each other.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 12-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #568
Refugee
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Posts: 1,756
Local Time: 11:37 AM
i randonly flipped thru the previous 38 thread pages hoping i would find an answer to what do i buy with my x-mas money, 360 or PS3?

I did not find it.

Anyone have it broken down in an easy to comprehend manner. (i dont know much about these systems) I am more into NHL, WWE, new UFC game, then i am about RPG's or 1st person shooters. My friends have PS3's and said they got it to support their back-catalouge. This does not apply to me. IS the main difference the blu-ray player vs, the HD? and with Blu-ray winning the war, is that why PS3 is so much more expensive than 360?

i dont know what i'm talking about, as you can see......
__________________
marik is offline  
Old 12-30-2008, 09:34 AM   #569
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,693
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I think he means the "Yao Guai", or whatever they're called.


For my fellow Fallouters, here are a couple links that are extremely helpful to refer to while playing:

Fallout Wiki - The Vault

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...dLocations.jpg
THAT'S THE ONE! son of a bitch has killed me twice now!

I'm glad that they are considered the second toughest enemy in the game behind Death Claws though, makes me feel better about getting my ass kicked...

Those links are helpful, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by marik View Post
i randonly flipped thru the previous 38 thread pages hoping i would find an answer to what do i buy with my x-mas money, 360 or PS3?

I did not find it.

Anyone have it broken down in an easy to comprehend manner. (i dont know much about these systems) I am more into NHL, WWE, new UFC game, then i am about RPG's or 1st person shooters. My friends have PS3's and said they got it to support their back-catalouge. This does not apply to me. IS the main difference the blu-ray player vs, the HD? and with Blu-ray winning the war, is that why PS3 is so much more expensive than 360?

i dont know what i'm talking about, as you can see......
It pretty much comes down to 3 things I would say:

Price - This obviously goes to XBox out of the gate but if you are planning on going online keep in mind that Sony does not charge anything for their network while Microsoft does...

Blu-Ray - While there are rumors that XBox will be getting some sort of add-on Blu-Ray player in the future there has been no solid news about this so go with The PS3 if you want it.

Games - XBox has the lead currently, they have a much larger base of games built up and if you are interested in sport-type games they have a lot of them. Over time the PS3 will develop more system defining games but they haven’t had too many yet. Also, the newer versions of the PS3 (like mine) DO NOT have backwards compatibility like the early versions did, you said you were not interested in this though so this would not effect you.

I would say if you have no interest in using the machine for anything other than games then get an XBox, if you want a Blu-Ray player at some point anyhow, get a PS3...
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 12-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #570
The Fly
 
Audiophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 150
Local Time: 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=elevated_u2_fan;5702584]
Price - This obviously goes to XBox out of the gate but if you are planning on going online keep in mind that Sony does not charge anything for their network while Microsoft does...

I'll gladly pay for MS services as it is YEARS ahead of Sony's....

Games - XBox has the lead currently, they have a much larger base of games built up and if you are interested in sport-type games they have a lot of them. Over time the PS3 will develop more system defining games but they haven’t had too many yet. Also, the newer versions of the PS3 (like mine) DO NOT have backwards compatibility like the early versions did, you said you were not interested in this though so this would not effect you.

Agree with you here but I honestly don't see the PS3 coming out with anything that will define the system or make us dedicated 360 users to go out and buy one.

Popmofo and I were discussing this just yesterday....the PS3 is doomed. Prices are coming down for bluray players so that marketing position is gone. As for games, they aren't doing anything to impressive with PS3 exclusive games and the games that are on both consoles always seem to play and look better on the 360 anyways. As for online capabilites, MS wins hands down. Hell, Sony is just now promoting that the PS3 can download movies....360 has been doing that basically from day one.
__________________

__________________
Audiophile is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
playstation, video game consoles, wii, xbox

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com