Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:42 AM   #466
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Do you see anyone but DaveC(anada) telling you to get a PS3?
Sometimes reason gets lost amidst the noise of fools.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:46 AM   #467
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
my playstation 3 has not had one single problem in 15 months.
(last post, I promise)

I have worked at a Sony store for the past three months. Whenever any PS3 sold in the greater Halifax area (no matter if it was purchased in the Sony store or not), approximately 1,700 units, needs service, it has to be brought in to my store to be sent to Sony Computer Entertainment of America to be repaired.

There has not been one - NOT ONE - service issue with any of those 1700 Playstations in those three months. Mine's the first I've heard of, and it seems all I need is a vacuum to fix it.

I have had three personal friends (out of less than ten who own them) lose their 360s to the RRoD in those three months.

The 360 may have some fantastic games, and you can have a fucking blast with it, but clearly the PS3 is the superior system.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #468
The Fly

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Has anyone played Fallout 3 yet? I just started this week and I must say it is increadible. Very similar to Oblivion (made by the same developer). Graphics are great and the World Map is massive.

This is truly the kind of "next gen" game that you can't get on the Wii. Just another reason why I am thankful that I have both a Wii and 360.

I have never known why people feel as though they can only be loyal to one system. It's like saying you like U2 therefore you can't like Coldplay.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #469
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRB View Post
I have never known why people feel as though they can only be loyal to one system. It's like saying you like U2 therefore you can't like Coldplay.
You might want to stay in this sub-forum then, talk like that can get you in trouble around here
Old 12-23-2008, 10:26 AM   #470
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
You might want to stay in this sub-forum then, talk like that can get you in trouble around here

I know how people are I've been a reader here since before ATYCLB can out just never felt the desire to post anything until recently. Maybe instead of Coldplay I should say Michael Bluble (sp?) I doubt anyone would hate him or at least I can't imagine they would.

I say the more options and choices we have in Music or Video Games the better. If it sucks just don't buy it.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #471
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
Has anyone played Fallout 3 yet? I just started this week and I must say it is increadible. Very similar to Oblivion (made by the same developer). Graphics are great and the World Map is massive.

This is truly the kind of "next gen" game that you can't get on the Wii. Just another reason why I am thankful that I have both a Wii and 360.

It's discussed earlier in the thread, and agreed, it's great.

I don't think that people are saying to be loyal to one system only, but, not everyone here can afford more than one system, so they're supporting the system they best like when asked.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #472
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
You shut up! Everyone here is tolerant!!! People can speak freely without being attacked, you rabid dog!! You are an ass-pig!!!

I hayt UUU!!!

Hey, happy holidays, in case we don't talk the rest of the day.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #473
The Fly

Quote:
It's discussed earlier in the thread, and agreed, it's great.

I don't think that people are saying to be loyal to one system only, but, not everyone here can afford more than one system, so they're supporting the system they best like when asked.

That is respectable and I totally understand that position. However if price is a problem then the fact that you can purchase an XBOX 360 a year subscription to LIVE and a Wii for the price of a PS3 ($500 version) is important to remember.

As for Fallout 3 I guess I didn't read that far back in the thread. Have you beaten the game yet? I'm interested in completing 100% of this game how would you say it compares to Oblivion in Quality, Story, Length?

Thanks
Old 12-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #474
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
That is respectable and I totally understand that position. However if price is a problem then the fact that you can purchase an XBOX 360 a year subscription to LIVE and a Wii for the price of a PS3 ($500 version) is important to remember.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #475
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
You shut up! Everyone here is tolerant!!! People can speak freely without being attacked, you rabid dog!! You are an ass-pig!!!

I hayt UUU!!!

Hey, happy holidays, in case we don't talk the rest of the day.
how bout a banning for christmas, chuckles?
Old 12-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #476
Blue Crack Supplier

oh and I forgot to mention; happy-fucking-Chanukah, douche knuckle...
Old 12-23-2008, 12:58 PM   #477
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post

Keep straining and it will come. I've also heard coffee is a natural laxative.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:30 PM   #478
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:

As for Fallout 3 I guess I didn't read that far back in the thread. Have you beaten the game yet? I'm interested in completing 100% of this game how would you say it compares to Oblivion in Quality, Story, Length?

Thanks
NSW keeps complaining that I'm playing it too much. To be honest, it's far and away the best game I've played all year. I put in so much time on Oblivion it's ridiculous, and I can honestly say I like Fallout 3 more....actually, quite a bit more. It's the best role playing game I've played on this generation of consoles, I can't recommend it highly enough. I've put in so much time on side quests, that I'm really only about half way through the main story. I'd recommend going this way, because once you finish it, the game truly "ends". You can go back to the save before ending the game to do side quests, but the game does actually "end" (a future downloadable add-on will make it so you can continue from where the game ended).

I don't really want to argue with Dave about the PS3, because I like Dave, and because I honestly don't "hate" the system by any means, and hope Sony ends up turning it around. I'll just leave it with saying, I worry for the future of the system, because while the hardware is truly quite impressive on paper, the games haven't lived up to it (because it's far from easy to develop for), and Sony's business model for the system really doesn't look turn things around any time soon. Similar to the Wii, it sucks that a lot of the really cool PS3 games haven't sold as well as they should have.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #479
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Tonight is Wireless Internet Installation Night.

Fuck yes!
Old 12-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #480
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

In 2 days I should have a 360. I don't really like online games, but I'd play if anyone here was online. I'll have Halo 3 for sure. Beyond that, no idea. Oh, and EA Hockey - is that online?

Tags
playstation, video game consoles, wii, xbox