PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ???? - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-23-2008, 02:42 AM   #466
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Do you see anyone but DaveC(anada) telling you to get a PS3?
Sometimes reason gets lost amidst the noise of fools.
__________________

__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 12-23-2008, 02:46 AM   #467
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
my playstation 3 has not had one single problem in 15 months.
(last post, I promise)

I have worked at a Sony store for the past three months. Whenever any PS3 sold in the greater Halifax area (no matter if it was purchased in the Sony store or not), approximately 1,700 units, needs service, it has to be brought in to my store to be sent to Sony Computer Entertainment of America to be repaired.

There has not been one - NOT ONE - service issue with any of those 1700 Playstations in those three months. Mine's the first I've heard of, and it seems all I need is a vacuum to fix it.

I have had three personal friends (out of less than ten who own them) lose their 360s to the RRoD in those three months.

The 360 may have some fantastic games, and you can have a fucking blast with it, but clearly the PS3 is the superior system.
__________________

__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 12-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #468
The Fly
 
RPRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Yonder
Posts: 72
Local Time: 07:49 PM
Has anyone played Fallout 3 yet? I just started this week and I must say it is increadible. Very similar to Oblivion (made by the same developer). Graphics are great and the World Map is massive.

This is truly the kind of "next gen" game that you can't get on the Wii. Just another reason why I am thankful that I have both a Wii and 360.

I have never known why people feel as though they can only be loyal to one system. It's like saying you like U2 therefore you can't like Coldplay.
__________________
RPRB is offline  
Old 12-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #469
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRB View Post
I have never known why people feel as though they can only be loyal to one system. It's like saying you like U2 therefore you can't like Coldplay.
You might want to stay in this sub-forum then, talk like that can get you in trouble around here
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 12-23-2008, 10:26 AM   #470
The Fly
 
RPRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Yonder
Posts: 72
Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
You might want to stay in this sub-forum then, talk like that can get you in trouble around here

I know how people are I've been a reader here since before ATYCLB can out just never felt the desire to post anything until recently. Maybe instead of Coldplay I should say Michael Bluble (sp?) I doubt anyone would hate him or at least I can't imagine they would.

I say the more options and choices we have in Music or Video Games the better. If it sucks just don't buy it.
__________________
RPRB is offline  
Old 12-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #471
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRB View Post
Has anyone played Fallout 3 yet? I just started this week and I must say it is increadible. Very similar to Oblivion (made by the same developer). Graphics are great and the World Map is massive.

This is truly the kind of "next gen" game that you can't get on the Wii. Just another reason why I am thankful that I have both a Wii and 360.

I have never known why people feel as though they can only be loyal to one system. It's like saying you like U2 therefore you can't like Coldplay.
It's discussed earlier in the thread, and agreed, it's great.

I don't think that people are saying to be loyal to one system only, but, not everyone here can afford more than one system, so they're supporting the system they best like when asked.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 12-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #472
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
You might want to stay in this sub-forum then, talk like that can get you in trouble around here
You shut up! Everyone here is tolerant!!! People can speak freely without being attacked, you rabid dog!! You are an ass-pig!!!

I hayt UUU!!!

Hey, happy holidays, in case we don't talk the rest of the day.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 12-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #473
The Fly
 
RPRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Yonder
Posts: 72
Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
It's discussed earlier in the thread, and agreed, it's great.

I don't think that people are saying to be loyal to one system only, but, not everyone here can afford more than one system, so they're supporting the system they best like when asked.

That is respectable and I totally understand that position. However if price is a problem then the fact that you can purchase an XBOX 360 a year subscription to LIVE and a Wii for the price of a PS3 ($500 version) is important to remember.

As for Fallout 3 I guess I didn't read that far back in the thread. Have you beaten the game yet? I'm interested in completing 100% of this game how would you say it compares to Oblivion in Quality, Story, Length?

Thanks
__________________
RPRB is offline  
Old 12-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #474
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRB View Post
That is respectable and I totally understand that position. However if price is a problem then the fact that you can purchase an XBOX 360 a year subscription to LIVE and a Wii for the price of a PS3 ($500 version) is important to remember.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 12-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #475
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
You shut up! Everyone here is tolerant!!! People can speak freely without being attacked, you rabid dog!! You are an ass-pig!!!

I hayt UUU!!!

Hey, happy holidays, in case we don't talk the rest of the day.
how bout a banning for christmas, chuckles?
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 12-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #476
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 06:49 PM
oh and I forgot to mention; happy-fucking-Chanukah, douche knuckle...
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 12-23-2008, 12:58 PM   #477
The Fly
 
RPRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Yonder
Posts: 72
Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post

Keep straining and it will come. I've also heard coffee is a natural laxative.
__________________
RPRB is offline  
Old 12-23-2008, 01:30 PM   #478
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRB View Post

As for Fallout 3 I guess I didn't read that far back in the thread. Have you beaten the game yet? I'm interested in completing 100% of this game how would you say it compares to Oblivion in Quality, Story, Length?

Thanks
NSW keeps complaining that I'm playing it too much. To be honest, it's far and away the best game I've played all year. I put in so much time on Oblivion it's ridiculous, and I can honestly say I like Fallout 3 more....actually, quite a bit more. It's the best role playing game I've played on this generation of consoles, I can't recommend it highly enough. I've put in so much time on side quests, that I'm really only about half way through the main story. I'd recommend going this way, because once you finish it, the game truly "ends". You can go back to the save before ending the game to do side quests, but the game does actually "end" (a future downloadable add-on will make it so you can continue from where the game ended).


I don't really want to argue with Dave about the PS3, because I like Dave, and because I honestly don't "hate" the system by any means, and hope Sony ends up turning it around. I'll just leave it with saying, I worry for the future of the system, because while the hardware is truly quite impressive on paper, the games haven't lived up to it (because it's far from easy to develop for), and Sony's business model for the system really doesn't look turn things around any time soon. Similar to the Wii, it sucks that a lot of the really cool PS3 games haven't sold as well as they should have.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 12-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #479
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Tonight is Wireless Internet Installation Night.

Fuck yes!
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 12-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #480
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 06:49 PM
In 2 days I should have a 360. I don't really like online games, but I'd play if anyone here was online. I'll have Halo 3 for sure. Beyond that, no idea. Oh, and EA Hockey - is that online?
__________________

__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
playstation, video game consoles, wii, xbox

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com