Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 11:40 AM   #31
Bug
War Child

Local Time: 05:41 PM
I'd LOVE a Wii.
I'll get one eventually, when the prices go down a bit more.

Really impressed with that controller.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

familiarity with the controller... that's more or less my only reason for remaining loyal to the PS brand. i HATED the XBOX controller... too big and clunky. have yet to use the one for 360... will certainly check it out. but, alas, if the prices for PS3 stay through the roof, i'll switch to 360... but i'm more than happy with my PS2 up until GTA4 comes out.
Well, you really should try to get your hands on a 360 controller. The original xbox controllers were pretty unweildy, even the redesigned S-controller. The 360 one however, is miles ahead of any other game console controller ever as far as balance and ergonomics. It's simply the most confortable controller ever designed. Even my die-hard Nintendo and Sony fanatic friends say the 360 controller is probably the best. It's much smaller than the original Xbox controllers, and it's just a little bigger than the PS controller, but in a good way. It's more ergonomical, so anyone's hands get a more comfortable grip around the side of it. Its weight falls somewhere between that of the original xbox controller and the dual shock too, and since I tend to like to FEEL like I'm playing something, it's really perfect.

So, the bottom line is, just play one for a short while and I bet you'll be converted.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #33
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:41 PM
i shall have to find a way to try it out then
Old 11-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

anyone thinking of being a "Wii-60" kind of guy/gal ???

Wii-60 = has both a 360 and a Wii
Old 11-06-2006, 03:56 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I've got the 360 and have mixed feelings about. The graphics are incredible, as advertised, but I have a beef about the games. Perhaps it's more directed at EA Sports and their crippling of certain games. Last year's Madden wouldn't let you challenge plays, amongst other things. Fine, it' a new system and the game was rushed. Come to this year and the NCAA 2007 has huge pieces missing too - very limited dynasty mode, no Heisman mode, no creating a school, no D1-AA teams, generic stadiums. I guess it's because of the HD graphics taking up more space on the disc, but to have that many things left out is pretty shitty. EA needs a kick in the ass and start putting more effort into their games.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life

Bloodyell, Lance, stop posting in this thread if you're going to come off as a super fanboy in every other sentence. Every console has an advantage to it, and so will these three nex-gen consoles.

Wii will have the social aspect going for it.
360 has Xbox live going for it.
PS3 has fantastic game franchises going for it.

I am looking forward to the Wii and will probably buy it because of the controller fun, the unique approach to styles of gameplay, and the social fun of four friends swinging control wands at each other.

I'll be waiting for a PS3 price drop or two, but by that time we'll be seeing the new Gran Turismo games coming 'round and I'll be ready to take the plunge with the system with the most potential to use or squander.

The 360 is very tempting right now, but any games I want to play online (racing or FPS) work 10x better with a PC than using a controller (racing sims demand a good wheel/PC race sim, and FPS games are best played with mouse/kb). That leaves me no reason to use Xbox Live, and there are very few exclusive game franchises that compel me to go after a 360.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:06 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Im not even close to being a fanboy, just a smart consumer. Before I bought my 360, I seriously considered the PS3 as an option, I really did. But nothing Sony has shown me since has made me hold on to that possibility. Honestly, the ONLY exclusive that Sony has that even remotely interests me right now is Metal Gear, and well, I have Splinter Cell already, so there's really no point in investing into a lesser stealth franchise.

If I could afford owning a second console I'd immediately pick up a Wii when it launches, and still might this Spring or Summer. It's innovative and it's got a great game franchise behind it. I'm not telling anyone NOT to buy a Wii, I think it's a great console. I just don't think people should buy PS3's. I'm certainly not going to stop them, or consider them morons or anything, hell it's your $600, but I will try to convince people the 360 is a superior machine with a superior game line-up.

So, no I'm not a fanboy, and I hate when people peg me as one. I simply reviewed the facts and made my decision. Microsoft is far and away leading this generation as far as a complete and satisfying gaming experience goes (and PC gaming has nothing to do with this thread, that has been and will remain it's own seperate world for at least this generation more).
Old 11-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #38
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:41 PM
oh, and a new Star Trek game for the 360 is swaying my vote.

Old 11-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

best reason to buy a 360 this year

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=mov&pl=game

the graphics in this game are
Old 11-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22
best reason to buy a 360 this year

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=mov&pl=game

the graphics in this game are

I can't wait for Tomorrow Mine is Shipping tomorrow!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 07:27 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:41 AM
Wii: all the way.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:21 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:11 PM
I think Sony's days as king of the hill might be numbered. They have had tons of problems with the PS3. Although, it does come with a Blu-ray DVD player which does add to the cost which is pretty steep and a turn-off for many.

The nature of the videogame industry is that one company has never dominated the market forever. Atari, Colecovision, Sega, Nintendo, and now Playstation. Have they priced themselves out of the Christmas gift market for kids, most likely. They will still get their base of loyal gamers who have probably saving their money for the system since 2004. But depending on the rollout and feedback from users, the PS3 could lose it's position as topdog.

I could care less which system wins. The last gaming system I purchased was the first Playstation, I have bought the odd computer game over the past few years. I was hoping to buy the PS3 but I am wary after hearing of the glitches in development. I used to live in the games arcade as a kid. For those who don't know about this, once upon a time people had to leave the house and put money in a machine to play videogames. The upside was you actually left the house from time to time and physically met with other like-minded individuals. Caaaarraaaaazzy huh!!!

I must add I like the idea of the Wii controller which allows the user to physically act out the motions. Anything which can help kids be more active is a good thing. On the other hand, it could be a system killer as kids say "nah, it's too much work to play"
Old 11-06-2006, 09:09 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
People actually considering buying a PS3. You fall victim to the Playstation name, not seeing how badly Sony has been screwing things up with this console, and fail to see the dozens of soon-to-be-classic games coming out on the 360. It's not all war games and first-person shooters anymore folks. This generation, all the best RPG's are going to be 360 bound. Seriously. Check it out. Plus, you simply CANNOT beat Xbox Live for the online experience.
You're seriously telling me you're not acting like a fanboy with shit like this? If this was a gaming forum you'd be flamed to hell by now.

I am considering a PS3 because a lot hinges on Sony's online plans, what my friends decide to purchase, and I also think that they have a shot to turn things around and are already doing so in the PR department.

Sure, Ken Kuturagi says a lot of bold stupid shit, but the real console war hasn't even started yet. I'd wait for all three consoles to be released before I'd hazard a long rant.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:53 PM   #44
Refugee

the one with half- life series

still wating for HL2 add-on for xbox ....

i want real games

Old 11-06-2006, 10:57 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Wii
I haven't had a new video game system since N64 (and I got that for christmas... well, when it was new), but I'm super excited about this controller thing.
Plus there are a lot of gamecube games that I've been wanting to play.
PLUS I can play smash brothers with my brother over the internet. Provided I ever get internet better than dial-up.

Tags
playstation, video game consoles, wii, xbox