PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother just told me mum he spent $300 on my Christmas present. I have a feeling he got me a Wii :hmm: Which, is pretty cool because I'd love one. However, I certainly don't have $300 to get him anything. :uhoh: It sux having a brother who is "livin' large" and I'm barely getting by.

redhotswami said:
My brother just told me mum he spent $300 on my Christmas present. I have a feeling he got me a Wii :hmm: Which, is pretty cool because I'd love one. However, I certainly don't have $300 to get him anything. :uhoh: It sux having a brother who is "livin' large" and I'm barely getting by.
Oh man if it's a Wii......and it comes with WiiSports so you'll be swinging your controller around the living room in no time :drool:

Canadiens1160 said:
Oh man if it's a Wii......and it comes with WiiSports so you'll be swinging your controller around the living room in no time :drool:

whats WiiSports?

i guess i could go google it

ill do that now

It's Nintendo's newest console where the remotes are interactive with the game (ie: playing a tennis game, you actually swing the remote as if you're actually holding a tennis racket in your hand).

It's also cheaper than the PS3 by half the price. :drool:

It's all a matter of opinion, really. I've always preferred Nintendo consoles to others. I think they have more of a variety of games, in comparison to XBOX, and all the loading time for Playstation just got on my nerves. Nintendo is also great for social purposes, for example Mario Party can help you make friends and lose friends in just one game!

Glad I got a Wii. *plays Super Mario Galaxy* (2nd highest rated game of all time)
So nice. I said "Wow!"

I've played all three now (360, PS3, wii) and we got a Wii at Xmas (and it's modded :drool: ).

Hands down, the Wii is the best video game console ever made.

EVER.

I'm so addicted to the thing it's crazy, and I haven't even bothered with the other two.

Gah, I'm at a loss.
I really really wanted a Wii for months and months. But after playing it at my cousin's house and at Best Buy, I have the feeling the novelty will wear off fairly quickly.
And then I look at the game selection and it's less than stellar. GTA is the whole reason I started to play video games in the first place. I'd have to get an Xbox or a PS3 to play it.

I really am at a loss. Maybe I'll just wait for the PS4 to come out. Then I'll be able to afford a PS3. :(

I think my thing with the Wii was that I still play sports and all, and I was playing Wii Tennis, an kept thinking "I'd rather be playing real tennis", etc. I guess I like video games that allow me to do stuff I cannot really do in real life.

GTA is a good example, cos in real life, sure, I like to steal ambulances and drive them up to the top of hills or buildings or elevated train tracks and drive them off at top speed after ramming car after off of the road or maybe running some slow moving people over, but, I can't beat pedestrians to death with a bat in real life, so, I need the game.

No spoken words said:
I think my thing with the Wii was that I still play sports and all, and I was playing Wii Tennis, an kept thinking "I'd rather be playing real tennis", etc. I guess I like video games that allow me to do stuff I cannot really do in real life.

GTA is a good example, cos in real life, sure, I like to steal ambulances and drive them up to the top of hills or buildings or elevated train tracks and drive them off at top speed after ramming car after off of the road or maybe running some slow moving people over, but, I can't beat pedestrians to death with a bat in real life, so, I need the game.

well said. :hi5:

Wii is fun if you have like a bachelor pad with a couple of roommates and get drunk every night. in that case it's friggin awesome. i can imagine if i had a Wii in college i never would have gone to class.

but i suppose it's much like buying a car... i was looking at a more sporty coupe, but eventually i had to decide that i'm not a friggen college kid anymore and get the nice, sensible sedan.

thus then... the Wii would be nice, but i'm not staying up till 4 in the morning smoking a bong with my friends these days, so i went with the ps3.

and i must say... for whatever reason the first time i went online with call of duty 4 on ps3 there was noooobody online, thus my earlier comment. i went back online yesterday and it was packed with people, and playing call of duty 4 free for all deathmatches for about 5 hours straight was as fun a time as i've had in a while, which in it's own right is pretty fucking sad, but true none the less.

I think I've only bought 2 multiplayer games in my whole life. My friends aren't into video games so much so I don't even bother. I guess I'll hold out for a PS3 in the future. I've never been disappointed by Sony. Sony laptop, Sony phone, Sony TV, Sony playstation...hell, if Sony made a car, I would buy it.

Of new new Gen, I've just got the Wii, and I know some people don't think of the library as all that special, but for anyone who enjoys Nintendo's flagship franchises, there hasn't been a disappointment yet. I only have six games so far, and that's mostly due to the fact that I'm in grad school and getting married, so time and money are scarce.

Nintendo exclusives:
Super Mario Galaxy - as good as, if not better than, Mario 64.
Zelda: Twilight Princess - Yes, it's on the Cube, too, but this is a much more engaging and fun experience on the Wii.
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - sue me, but I'll take this over Halo anyday

Also:
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Resident Evil 4

Each of these games is an example of what happens when a developer doesn't just dismiss the Wii and actually makes a good multi-platform effort. Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games I've ever played, and on Wii it's almost perfect. Tomb Raider Anniversary is at least as strong as the PS2 version, though the tacked on wii remote mini-games are silly. The Godfather, though, makes really good use of the motion controls for a (disturbingly) immersive play.

I still want an Xbox 360. I need my Ninja Gaiden 2 fix, though I'll pick up the Ninja Gaiden DS to tide me over. And I'd also like the option of playing RE5 when it is released next year. But for now, I'm reall content with my wii. (And my DS, actually)

Well if anyone wants to face me in COD4 on the 360 bring it cause I need to snipe some bitches, put them in their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom