PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, if any of you get or have Xbox Live, you really need to get Gears of War 2. NSW and I have had a great time playing together with that one. It'd be a ton of fun having a bunch of people from here bs-ing about music while curb stomping and chainsawing. :up:

Seriously, if any of you get or have Xbox Live, you really need to get Gears of War 2. NSW and I have had a great time playing together with that one. It'd be a ton of fun having a bunch of people from here bs-ing about music while curb stomping and chainsawing. :up:

We need to play again. I play with 2 buddies from LA pretty often, you should join us. We can have your buddy join as well. Then we'd have 5, and we could horde it, or play 5 on 5 wingman. DORK HEAVEN!

If the trend continues (GTA, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, etc), it'll probably eventually end up on 360 any way, so I'd just pay less and get a system with better games.

:up:

Just brought the collectors edition of Far Cry 2. can't wait to get home and play it.

Although my stack of unfinished games is starting to pile up. Still gotta finish GTA4, Dead Space, COD5 (barley played single player, online FTW! :up:)

Super Mario Galaxy is by far the best game of this generation.

Although some of you may believe that your Wii has it's shortcomings you cannot deny the fact that Mario is great. The level design is brilliant and the flow of the game feels effortless. The only thing else so far this genertion that feels this way to me is COD 2 and 4 (have yet to play 5).

I personally have a 360 and a Wii and I normally enjoy playing Wii with family and non gamer friends and 360 on LIVE or with a gamer. Overall I would say I spend about equal time with each system. As for the PS3 I would say the it looks promising long term. It has a LOT of potential to be supported for many years.

When the Wii can look as good as the PS3 or 360 do in HD, or make my movies looks fantastic, then it'll get my love.

But after getting an HDTV and playing way too much Halo 3 the past couple of days, I can say that the 360 makes the Wii look like a red-headed stepchild.

As soon as I go on break Friday, I'm practicing Gears so I can play these clowns on LIVE.

PS2 all the way!

Seriously, I feel like I'm in the stone age. And you wonder why I haven't played video games in like a year.

We've got to find the coin for a new XBox 360. It died a tragic and premature death. And now, GoW2 is on the list for xmas. Once bills are paid who knows what new joys await?

When the Wii can look as good as the PS3 or 360 do in HD, or make my movies looks fantastic, then it'll get my love.

But after getting an HDTV and playing way too much Halo 3 the past couple of days, I can say that the 360 makes the Wii look like a red-headed stepchild.

As soon as I go on break Friday, I'm practicing Gears so I can play these clowns on LIVE.

Please bring it.

Very wise, le'mac. I'll be needing this to build an Imperial Walker. :up:

This is the 4th picture on Google:

images

You'd better not really be considering playing GOW2 LIVE on Xbox. You'll be in a world of pain. Deep pain that impacts your soul. Soul pain.

Sounds like the perfect way to spend a Saturday evening!

This is the 4th picture on Google:

images

Too funny, lol. Utterly juxtaposed with the naive and nostalgic little lego jedi, but get that, you will. hmm?

Halo 3 was a huge dissapointment. (I would rather play Pong on the Atari 2600 and I can assure you that that is not in HD)

If you must play only XBOX 360 First Person Shooters stick to the Call of Duty Series. They are the most intense games available.

I will agree with everyone that GOW 1 and 2 are fantastic online games.

Halo 3 was a huge dissapointment. (I would rather play Pong on the Atari 2600 and I can assure you that that is not in HD)

If you must play only XBOX 360 First Person Shooters stick to the Call of Duty Series. They are the most intense games available.

I will agree with everyone that GOW 1 and 2 are fantastic online games.

Oh I love me some Call of Duty... and also Halo 3.

LeMaC and Angela,

Despite NSW's threats, please realize that we are actually quite nice and entertaining people to play games with on Xbox Live. "Are" team is epic. As Horde mode on Gears 2 is coop, please do not worry about practicing, just come BS about music, movies, etc. with us as soon as possible.

LeMaC, I've had a Wii for almost 2 years now, and I sadly agree. While I do agree with RPRD that Mario Galaxy is fantastic, not only "for being a Wii game", but also in comparison to the other systems. That said, everything else has been as "meh" as you can get for me. I'd much rather be playing most of those games on normal controls with considerably better graphics. The only other game I've had a good deal of fun with was Resident Evil 4, and that was a direct port from last gen that didn't look a bit better. :shrug:

LeMaC, I've had a Wii for almost 2 years now, and I sadly agree. While I do agree with RPRD that Mario Galaxy is fantastic, not only "for being a Wii game", but also in comparison to the other systems. That said, everything else has been as "meh" as you can get for me. I'd much rather be playing most of those games on normal controls with considerably better graphics. The only other game I've had a good deal of fun with was Resident Evil 4, and that was a direct port from last gen that didn't look a bit better. :shrug:

what about Zelda? No love for Zelda?

LeMaC and Angela,

Despite NSW's threats, please realize that we are actually quite nice and entertaining people to play games with on Xbox Live. "Are" team is epic. As Horde mode on Gears 2 is coop, please do not worry about practicing, just come BS about music, movies, etc. with us as soon as possible.

what about Zelda? No love for Zelda?

I cannot wait to drop some Khan, Dune, and Heat quotes whilst playing Gears with Da Crew, but I need to shake off some rust before I do... I get frustrated easily.

Yeah, I played Force Unleashed on the Wii at my friend's house after playing the 360 version, and besides the initial "Wow! The controllers are like lightsabers!" novelty aspect of the whole thing, it was like taking a step back in everything else. I miss playing Mario games, but that's about it.

Zelda is fine, but it woulda worked on the Gamecube.
You should try Metroid Prime 3. This game has nice graphics (not on par with 360 or PS3 but nice). The control scheme works very well and I find it superior to other console First Person games.

Nintendo's biggest problem is that 3rd party developers are simply not taking the time to develop quality original games for the platform. Nintendo has proven it is possible with SMG, Zelda, Metroid and Wii Sports (for a pack-in game this was great).

Developers really need to get in gear and start producing some Real Time Strategy games along with some First Person Shooters with Metroid type control. Puzzle games are also well suited to the system.

I cannot wait to drop some Khan, Dune, and Heat quotes whilst playing Gears with Da Crew, but I need to shake off some rust before I do... I get frustrated easily.

Yeah, I played Force Unleashed on the Wii at my friend's house after playing the 360 version, and besides the initial "Wow! The controllers are like lightsabers!" novelty aspect of the whole thing, it was like taking a step back in everything else. I miss playing Mario games, but that's about it.

YLB, in all seriousness, we'll likely play Horde or Wingman or Execution together, so we'll be on the same team, not against each other. And no sweat if you have rust, at all.

YLB, in all seriousness, we'll likely play Horde or Wingman or Execution together, so we'll be on the same team, not against each other. And no sweat if you have rust, at all.

Okay, cool. I know what Horde is from your explanation earlier, but what's the difference between the other two?

You see for me, the action IS the juice.

When I play, it's more Whored than Horde.

I have no idea what that is actually supposed to mean, but it sounded good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom