PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I wish You Could Download Shenmue and Shenmue 2 off X-box live. That was probably the best RPG game ever, or well best RPG I played. And I am not a fan of RPGs. How I miss the Dreamcast. Way better than the PS2.

Which system are you playing it on? I was thinking about getting it for Wii, but not sure if it's worth it as I might be getting a 360 anyhow.

The idea of using the Wii-mote as a lightsaber is fucking awesome... and I may try and coerce my younger sister into getting it for that reason, since the copy of the game I'm playing on right now was borrowed from a friend.

I'm going to play it in high-def right now and report back after.

Fuck the stupid Wii.

I am almost done with Mass Effect. I've enjoyed it thus far.

Looking forward to Fallout 3. Bitches.

Scumbo, when are we going to kill each other Live?????

Fuck the stupid Wii.

I am almost done with Mass Effect. I've enjoyed it thus far.

Looking forward to Fallout 3. Bitches.

Scumbo, when are we going to kill each other Live?????

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Wii already feels like a dead system to me. (which is unfortunate, as I own one)

Still haven't played Mass Effect (and I bought it the day it came out....)

I too am looking to Fallout 3 next week. I've never played a Fallout game before, but Bethesda can seemingly do no wrong.

Seems like we keep getting on Live at different times. The message you left me on there a week or so ago was quite heart warming and polite.

I'll bet serious money there are whole divisions at Nintendo currently working on this as we speak...

Wii Fit, meet (or should I say meat?) Wii Fuck.

You know I wish You Could Download Shenmue and Shenmue 2 off X-box live. That was probably the best RPG game ever, or well best RPG I played. And I am not a fan of RPGs. How I miss the Dreamcast. Way better than the PS2.

I loved Shenmue. I wish that had finished the series. But I also totally understand why the average gamer wouldn't play it - it was a lot of walking around aimlessly, "work" and kinda weird random stuff like raising kittens.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Wii already feels like a dead system to me. (which is unfortunate, as I own one)

Still haven't played Mass Effect (and I bought it the day it came out....)

I too am looking to Fallout 3 next week. I've never played a Fallout game before, but Bethesda can seemingly do no wrong.

Seems like we keep getting on Live at different times. The message you left me on there a week or so ago was quite heart warming and polite.

Wii Fit, meet (or should I say meat?) Wii Fuck.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was amazing, so, I'm expecting great things with Fallout. I don't know if you'll like Mass Effect or not, but, I really am enjoying it.

I though my message to you was funny, asshorse.

After I finish Force Unleashed, I'll try and bum Mass Effect off of my other friend and play it.

NSW, you really need to play FU as soon as possible. I don't know if the story's canonical or not, and it gets a little convoluted, but the Star Wars nerd in you will love parts of it way too much... probably more than I have.

I know Basement Jesus would cream his pants.

Wii is brilliant. The 360 makes a good dvd player.

To each their own. While I think all 3 of the present generation systems each have good points and some great exclusive games, I personally find my 360 greatly more enjoyable than the Wii. In the last year, the only thing I've purchased for the Wii is Wii Fit, which is a weak attempt at a game and an even more miserable attempt at a piece of exercise equipment. Nothing else has interested me for it, and I see absolutely nothing coming out that looks fun either. Kind of a bummer. The 360 on the other hand, I am having to pass on a number of games coming out this holiday season just because I know I won't have enough time to play them all. I wish the Wii was just as exciting to me, but it's not. Not even close. Hopefully that will change, but more and more I'm thinking that isn't likely.

:shrug:

I've played the Wii on 3-4 different occasions and it never gets any better. I think that when the day comes that I totally stop playing sports, perhaps it will grow a little in appeal. For now, though, it's just a gimmick.

my complaint with the Wii is two-fold:

1 - the third party developed games are pathetic... Only Nintendo seems able to make good games for this thing. On top of that there have been way too many "party games" and games which are barely games - Wii Fit for example...

2 - the graphics are terrible... Sure something like Zelda looks decent or RE4 but RE4 is a port from the Gamecube..

So Force Unleashed is probably tied with Jedi Outcast and Knights of the Old Republic as the best Star Wars game that I have ever played. Shee-it, son.

Have you finished it? The critics all seemed to think it ended up being frustratingly repetitive by the time it's over. I wondered if that was something I wouldn't mind since it was a Star Wars game though. Let me know, senior LeMac.

Have you finished it? The critics all seemed to think it ended up being frustratingly repetitive by the time it's over. I wondered if that was something I wouldn't mind since it was a Star Wars game though. Let me know, senior LeMac.

I finished it under the Medium setting... it does get kind of repetitive, and some of the boss battles get pretty frustrating due to camera angles, moves, etc... but it's incredibly worth it for any Star Wars fans. The pros greatly outweigh the cons, you should at least give it a shot. It also has the most interesting story of any Star Wars game that I've played... easily better than Episodes I and II, that's for sure. I don't want to spoil anything for you, but there are a ton of geek-out moments as it progresses.

Force-gripping a Tie Fighter out of the sky and onto a group of Stormtroopers will never, ever get old.

To me, the big problem with the Wii for some people is they play it only a few times with the completely wrong games. Wii Sports, Play, Fit, or Music, or whatever else that's supposed to be geared towards non-gaming demographics or soccer moms, are not the type of software long-time gamers should be judging the console on. When a multi-platform game comes out for all systems, people don't buy the Wii version anyway because of "teh grafiX!" (despite PS2 having the shittiest looking games last generation), and then complain that there aren't enough games for the Wii. If people buy shovelware multiplayer crap like Carnival Games instead of hidden gems like deBlob, Trauma Center, or affordable WiiWare titles like Lost Winds and World Of Goo, they will get the incorrect opinion on Wii's library and it just breeds more disappointment.

BTW, to change subject. Anyone that's interested, Guitar Hero: World Tour is coming out in a couple days. Heads up to you guys who love rhythm games. It looks like it shaped up really nicely. A huge improvement and evolution from GH3, plus it has a pretty good variety of music in the setlist. Ozzy, Michael Jackson, Dream Theater, even some Coldplay in there, I know how much this site loves them. :wink: I'm probably picking it up sometime next week, so check it out at Best Buy or other stores with demo stations set up.

Got a new Xbox 360 last week after my old one broke.
Just found out there was a update available to download that enables an iPod to hooked up and MPEG-4 movies can be viewed :drool::hyper:

Has anyone seen the new Xbox Live Experience coming out? :love:

I will go out and buy NHL 09 just to kick the Leafs' ass online, so hurry thee up and get it (I'm planning on getting it anyways next time I get paid)

I just started a new job at the Sony Store in town. I get new release Playstation games for less than $20 once my training period is up. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom