Problems With Accessing Sites in Chrome and Firefox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
So, I've been having this highly irritating problem in both Chrome and Firefox. (If I recall correctly, this happened to me with IE as well, but not as often.)

Sometimes, randomly, the browser will not let me on to Facebook. I get this message:

Untitled1.png

If I click "proceed anyway," it doesn't take me to Facebook. Sometimes it even takes me somewhere else, like the Google home page. This happens way too frequently. I've tried using http://www.facebook and also with https://, thinking it was a secure site issue. Nope.

Now, I will sometimes get errors on this site, and on another site I frequent, where it will just stop letting me click to another page.

Untitled2.png

Sometimes the access issues coincide, other times I can get on Facebook but not Interference or Jezebel.com. It's only these three sites where I've had the issue.

It is seriously irritating. Help?

I don't think it's an issue with my security software (ESET Smart Security), as I've been using that for a long time now and this is a recent issue.

I use Safari and that happens on a regular basis. It drives me nuts! It usually says "Safari can't verify the address www.facebook.com" or something similar, even if I'm not on Facebook. If I press "continue," then it takes me to an error message; if I go back, then the site works again. It happens on Interference, where I get a page with a panda on it that says "Oops!" If I go back, then it's fine again, except on Facebook, where it just says "Invalid URL." I read somewhere that if it does this, you can type www.www.facebook.com and it will let you go there anyway. It seems to work most of the time.

Sometimes it's like the site I'm trying to visit has been eaten by another site. The other day, I wanted to use Google, but I got a page that said something about Wikimedia. It's also happened with eBay, Facebook, and Amazon.

So if anyone knows what causes all this and how to fix it, I would also very much like to know.

Hmm, interesting. I'll try your "cheat" to get around it.

The worst is when I've typed up a long reply to someone here on the Blue Crack, and when I go to post, I get the "invalid URL" business, and then I'm all ARRRRRGHHHHHH FUCK YOU, COMPUTER!

When I renewed my ESET subscription, it was a whole new version and I honestly don't even know where to look to see if something needs to be adjusted in its settings.

Or if it's a setting within the browser that needs to be changed.

Back
Top Bottom