Problems opening zip files

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyMarie

Acrobat
I downloaded some U2 tracks from a link someone offered on Interference. I'm not very familiar with zip files, and I usually right click and click 'extract.' However, when the last two zip files finished downloading, I right-clicked and it asked me what program I wanted to use to open the file (never does this). I clicked iTunes without thinking, and apparently that was the wrong thing, and I can't figure out how to access the songs. Any ideas?

winzip must've ran out. uninstall winzip and reinstall it. the regular program has a 45 day trial period and then you gotta reinstall.
A faster way would be uninstalling, downloading a crack and installing that.

Thanks for replying! I couldn't find Winzip in my programs (I'm on a Dell/Vista), is it listed differently? One more question, is Winzip a free program? I looked it up and found a price of $30. Thanks again, I still can't figure this thing out.

Winzip is free, for a trial version that lives 45 days. After that, you gotta deinstall and reinstall(though they want you to pay for the full version ofcourse).

I don't have vista, though in XP it's in software, just says winzip and your version number.

Try downloading a winzip free trial and see what happens. It can tell you you already have it installed, or perhaps it got somehow deleted.

Just for future reference, all you did was unintentionally mis-set your "application preferences" for zip files.

In future, if you hold your Shift key, while right-clicking on the file, you get an option that says Open With. This lets you choose the correct program for that type of file, and you also get a little box that says "always open with this program" or something similar.

Vista and XP can open Zip files without any third-party software . Just right-click on the zip file and choose the option "Extract To". Or if you don't see that, do the shift-right-click thing and choose to Open With "compressed (zipped) folders".

Teddy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom