Problem with my Ps3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
So I ordered my PS3 from Amazon on June/July and it arrived as expected. However, when I inserted a game disc it would just show the moving animation on the top right corner that it was reading the disc but it would never get past that. I tried with a movie DVD and I had the same issue. I then tried with an audio disc and then it did work. So when I removed that disk I immediaely put in a game disk and it did work this time. The problem is that it's such a hassle to change disks because I don't know if it's going to be read immediately or if I'm going to have to put in an audio CD before I play it. It also doesn't necesarily work after putting in the audio cd. Sometimes I have to put in the audio CD several times before it reads a movie or game disk.

It's really quite uncomfortable and ever since it arrived I thought I would just ignore it but now I realize I'm much more apprehensive about changing disks and it's just not the proper "experience" that I should be having for a $600 console.

The problem is, I do live in Honduras and I'm not planning on visiting the states any time soon and I wouldn't have a friend carry that heavy ass thing over to the US and because of its weight the shipping company that I use would charge me way too much for it to be actually worth it.

What would you do in my position?

Sounds like the lens is misalligning, my PS2 had a simmilar problem.

Was it second hand by any chance? Id message Amazon, really it should be them sorting it, they should refund you or something.

Back
Top Bottom