Problem ripping Red Rocks DVD ~ Copy Protection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooronaut

The Fly
I've tried multiple times to rip this dvd so I can get the audio off (losslessly).
Several different programs have failed me: HandBrake, Free DVD Ripper; even DVD Decrypter, which is usually so solid, rips it in multiple tracks of approximately 15 minutes. When I ripped it in WAV format, I got skippy audio; when I ripped it in FLAC and converted to WAV (for editing), the tracks would change volume slightly when placed together. I'd like to rip the entire show as one long track, but dvd rippers (and players like GOM and earlier versions of VLC) give error messages stating that they can't play/open the thing.

What kind of copy protection did they put on this thing?

Can anyone help?

OK. Got this to work. My problems were two:
1. The copy protection - got through it using "DVD43", a freeware program that lets your computer ignore the copy proctection/region markings.
2. the ever-wonderful, ever-FREE DVD Decrypter just needed to be put into a different mode so I wasn't ripping 15-minute files, but the whole show.

Then I used MediaCoder (freeware) to extract the audio in WAV, edited the WAVs in Audacity (freeware), and put my edited files through MediaCoder again to get my beautiful finished FLAC files. Ah, power, thy name is freeware.

Back
Top Bottom