Problem creating a video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
I have a few videos taken with a Panasonic digital camera, so they were .mov format. I used the SUPER program recommended by GG to convert them to avi. After the conversion, they played fine in Windows Media Player. I imported them into Windows Movie Maker so I could add a title frame. Whenever I publish the movie, the result is that my avi video is stretched over the top half of the screen, then there is a line and the bottom is bright green. I didn't select widescreen when I published the video, I chose 4:3 "Best for my computer". The title frames still display fine (4:3, no green part).

Any ideas?

I supposed I can just upload the avi's to YouTube without adding the title frames...

I can't stand Windows Movie Maker.

Even Panasonic's Image Maker (I think you get it free with the cameras, well I did with my SDR-h200 anyways) is easier to use

Wish I could offer advice, I do a fair amount of home video editing but gave up on Movie Maker long ago..

Thanks, I'll try the Panasonic thing. I haven't loaded any software that came with the camera yet. I also hate WMM, but the video I'm making is so simple (just taking a .mov clip from the camera, converting it so I can load it on YouTube, and adding a title frame), I use it for that kind of thing b/c I'm too lazy or cheap to learn something else.

Well not sure if you plan on doing any video stuff in the future, but I'm totally hooked on the Vegas line, it's so intuitive and very stable. I love it even if I'm doing really simple stuff, it renders faster and cleaner than any other software I've tried. :up:

Back
Top Bottom