Possible new iTouch Mac?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
Found these pics on Gizmodo!, I really hope this is what apple has in-store.

logan_lape2.jpg

The Source who reported the Macbook Touch said these would be the specs

"Think MacBook screen, possibly a bit smaller, in glass with iPhone-like, but fuller-featured multi-touch. Gesture library. Full Mac OS X. This is why they bought P.A. Semi. Possibly with Immersion's haptic tech. Slot-loading SuperDrive. Accelerometer. GPS. Pretty expensive to produce initially, but sold at "low" price that will reduce margins. Apple wants to move these babies. And move they will. This is some sick ****. App Store-compatible, able to run Mac apps, too. By October at the latest."

Only 10,000 dollars for another over price apple product. And Yes I do have an Ipod Touch :)

that is awesome, although i personally don't have a use for one. my doctor's office uses something pretty much like that that's the same size as a laptop's screen, which is pretty nifty :hmm:

i also don't own an ipod touch, though i got one for free when i bought my macbook. sold it on ebay and made a tidy profit :hi5:

No where. I am just saying Apple is going to inflate the price of their product one again. They need to drop the prices on the ipod touches.

when idiots are willing to line up days in advance just to buy one I don't see why they would :shrug:

Apple has us by the proverbial balls and unless you are willing to buy something else instead they can pretty much charge whatever they want...

No where. I am just saying Apple is going to inflate the price of their product one again. They need to drop the prices on the ipod touches.

Actually, this is quite the opposite;

"Apple to Drop Prices of Notebooks?
Tuesday July 22, 2008 01:58 PM EST; Category: MacBook Pro, MacBook
Written by arn

Investment bank Piper Jaffray issued a note today based on Apple's future outlook in 2008 and 2009. During their financial conference call, Apple told investors that they expect the company's gross margins will by down to 31.5% (from 34.8%) in Q4 2008 with expectations of further declines down to 30% for fiscal 2009.

The investment bank believes that while Apple tends to be conservative in their predictions, they also expect that Apple may be preparing to cut prices of existing prices to maintain sales momentum. They believe there's an "80% chance" that Apple will introduce redesigned MacBooks and possibly MacBook Pros at lower price points. Specifically, the quote prices starting at $999 (down from $1099) for the MacBook and $1,799 (down from $1999) for the MacBook Pro. They also expect "slightly redesigned" iPods and "lower-cost" iPod Touches in time for the holiday buying season.

Apple's financial conference call has sparked off a flurry of speculation about their future "mystery" product."

hahaha...zune. :lol:

:wink:

I want Apple to stop tinkering with new computers and give me a daggone 20+gig nano! :madwife:

Actually, this is quite the opposite;

"Apple to Drop Prices of Notebooks?
Tuesday July 22, 2008 01:58 PM EST; Category: MacBook Pro, MacBook
Written by arn

Investment bank Piper Jaffray issued a note today based on Apple's future outlook in 2008 and 2009. During their financial conference call, Apple told investors that they expect the company's gross margins will by down to 31.5% (from 34.8%) in Q4 2008 with expectations of further declines down to 30% for fiscal 2009.

The investment bank believes that while Apple tends to be conservative in their predictions, they also expect that Apple may be preparing to cut prices of existing prices to maintain sales momentum. They believe there's an "80% chance" that Apple will introduce redesigned MacBooks and possibly MacBook Pros at lower price points. Specifically, the quote prices starting at $999 (down from $1099) for the MacBook and $1,799 (down from $1999) for the MacBook Pro. They also expect "slightly redesigned" iPods and "lower-cost" iPod Touches in time for the holiday buying season.

Apple's financial conference call has sparked off a flurry of speculation about their future "mystery" product."

So they're bringing the prices back to what they were in the iBook/Powerbook days. :shrug: Honestly, it's about time. The Macbook's price should've been dropped months ago, considering there's been no significant redesign since it came out. I'll be interested to see how redesigned these new ones are...

I highly doubt that this tablet is going to be at that $999 price point either. We're probably looking at something closer to the Pro line prices, which isn't bad for a tablet, but still, it's not going to be the entry-level notebook.

This appears to be a glorified Tablet PC with a modified copy of OS X. Note that OS X can be (illegally) installed on a Tablet already, and (illegally) hacked to have Tablet functionality.

Back
Top Bottom