Poll: Tell me what you think about MAC VS PC topic. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2007, 02:30 AM   #1
Acrobat

Location: Where you live should not decide, Whether you live or whether you die
Local Time: 08:11 PM
Poll: Tell me what you think about MAC VS PC topic.

This is a poll I made (of 2) about why would you prefer a PC than a mac. The other one is about why would you prefer a mac than a PC. Inspired by the "Get a Mac" campaign of Apple, please let me know what you think! it's pretty important (college project).
The poll is located at my blog, in the right column below FCA FEATURES section: http://www.fca780.blogspot.com/
Thanks a lot!
-FCA

Old 01-18-2007, 08:09 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:11 PM
as a gamer a PC feeds my needs

Old 01-18-2007, 08:21 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:11 PM
I have a PC because that's what I have always had. I used MACs at school for years and was going to buy one then the district decided to go with PCs. The fact that one of my children works for HP may have something to do with my decision also. I answered your survey on your site.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:14 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:11 PM
I got a MacBook at the beginning of the school year. I absolutely love it. I've had no problems with it, I can run any program that I need, and it runs a lot faster with less problems than any PCs I've had before. For example, on my PC, I could never have more than 4-5 Gbs of music on the hard drive without it slowing down immensely. But, on my Mac, I currently have 17.59 Gb of music in iTunes, and the Mac runs just as fast as the day I took it out of the box.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:17 AM   #5
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

I've always had a PC. When I went to college, I worked on campus as a computer lab assistant and a tech, so I got some experience with Macs. They seemed all right...but I just have such a familiarity with PCs that I can't see myself going out and getting a Mac. I've just had such limited exposure and experience with them.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #6
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Voted, I prefer a Mac. We have 5 in the house.

neutral @ interference.com
neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:11 PM
PC-- Why Medieval Total War 2.

I am almost done conquering the Known world.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

I grew up with macs and was a staunch defender of them...until I started regularly using my mother's work pc laptop, with much better programs, and our mac crashed twice losing all of our data. So I got a dell laptop for college, and though dell itself sucks (motherboard, ac adaptor, fan, and screen case have all been replaced, luckily under warranty, and their customer service is the worst in the world) I prefer the pc interface and programs I can use with it over the mac. I do now have to deal with viruses and spyware but I will never forgive mac for some of the date they lost us - twice. Plus once mac gets popular enough it will both have viruses targetted at it and will force pc to get better.

Also I think PC allows a user who knows what they are doing to have better control over the computer.

Anyway this youtube video pretty much sums up my mac experience - it gets particularly amazing around 3 minutes:

Old 01-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #9
Acrobat

Location: Where you live should not decide, Whether you live or whether you die
neutral, I love to have 5 macs in my house that would be
what models are they?
Varitek, I'm sorry for your "bad apple" experience man...but I don't any viruses will come for macs, specially for Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) just because is based on UNIX and a lot of hackers have tried already and only was available to send a bug via iChat.
Thanks for all your votes and the commentaries, and for been part of my college project..., hope more people vote!
-FCA
Old 01-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #10
She's the One

Local Time: 06:11 PM
I learned how to use a computer on a mac, and then I had to deal with a few pcs.

If someone gave me a free PC, I'd sell it and get a mac.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:51 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

It's not really true that PCs have crappier hardware and software. If you were to get PC software and hardware that was actually comparable to the quality and quantity of what is typically used in Macs, they'd be about the same price. There are fewer choices for Mac units and the low-ends start much higher-end that PCs. They're not "better" than PCs because they are different, they're better b/c you generally pay 2-3 times as much than a PC with not as good components.

Personally, I prefer Macs. I like how they look, they work better with my hobbies and interests, and I'm comfortable enough with them that I have no trouble using both types of computers daily.

That said, I bought a new computer last night and it's a Windows PC. I'm not a power-user, I have a new Mac at work I can use when I want, so I don't need to spend thousands on something a PC can do no problem. I tried to get a Mac, but I couldn't justify my uses with the cost and the specs.

Computers are what YOU make of them. If you do things without knowing how it could hurt the computer, you shouldn't blame the computer. I'm a computer technician and computer-for-computer I see just as many major OS failures and hardware failures across platforms. Yes, the Windows OS is not as secure, but all you have to do is run the updates, install an anti-virus, and not download spyware. I've been purchasing my own PCs since I was 17 and I've never had a virus or spyware problem, and I've never paid money or had to upgrade my computer to make it more secure. Windows is not the only OS used on PCs, so Apple vs PCs is a whole different argument than Mac vs. Windows OS.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:14 AM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Macs and PCs are great. If you know what you're doing with a PC you won't have any more problems then using a typical Mac.

Macs have the edge in their beautifully-designed hardware, though. They look great on the outside, and if you ever open up a professional-grade Mac desktop and poke around their engineers know what they're doing.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:46 AM   #13
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
I've always had a PC. When I went to college, I worked on campus as a computer lab assistant and a tech, so I got some experience with Macs. They seemed all right...but I just have such a familiarity with PCs that I can't see myself going out and getting a Mac. I've just had such limited exposure and experience with them.
My thoughts exactly
Old 01-19-2007, 04:15 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

The only reason for me to get a Mac is if I get a dedicated setup going with Protools and shit, and that's a few jobs and a few apartments down the line.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:56 PM   #15
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

The only reason I'd get a Mac is for the iLife programs:

Garage Band, Final Cut, iMovie, and whatever else is on it.

I edit using Final Cut in my TV Production class, and it is the best thing ever.

Adobe's program on the PC is alot less wieldy. There probably is better editing software for the PC, but I don't know where to get it.