Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
nah, i think i'm gonna go watch some .mp4 vids on my macbook pro instead.
if I wasn't able to just about barely tolerate you I'd wish nasty VD's on your mac...

Old 10-25-2008, 05:00 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:06 AM
My Panasonic camera's default format is .mov (same MPEG-4 as MP4). I have no trouble viewing them in QuickTime on a Vista PC. When I make movies I use Windows Movie Maker b/c I'm cheap, so I use a program called Super (I think GonG told me about it) to convert MOV files to AVIs.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:26 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:06 PM
^^good suggestion.

yeah, i do believe you could view AVIs on winamp or windows media player i think.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:06 AM
This has already been pretty thoroughly explored, but I'll throw my suggestions in the pot:

Solutions:

1. Obvious solution: download Quicktime or iTunes to play the movie in.
2. Techie solution: download eRightSoft's Super Video Converter to convert the movie to a different file type.
3. Complicated solution: upload the video to YouTube. This will convert it to a flv file that you can watch via the site. If your chosen programs play flv files too, you could then use keepvid.com to download the flv file of the video, to play it in your program.

I've never used winamp, so I don't know much about it. But now, with the right codecs, you can play almost everything in Windows Media Player. I downloaded an extensive codec pack free some time ago. I can find the link of anyone wants it.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:40 AM   #20
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
This has already been pretty thoroughly explored, but I'll throw my suggestions in the pot:

Solutions:

1. Obvious solution: download Quicktime or iTunes to play the movie in.
2. Techie solution: download eRightSoft's Super Video Converter to convert the movie to a different file type.
3. Complicated solution: upload the video to YouTube. This will convert it to a flv file that you can watch via the site. If your chosen programs play flv files too, you could then use keepvid.com to download the flv file of the video, to play it in your program.

I've never used winamp, so I don't know much about it. But now, with the right codecs, you can play almost everything in Windows Media Player. I downloaded an extensive codec pack free some time ago. I can find the link of anyone wants it.
Sounds like fair points. Ofcourse Mia would want to add 4. Buy a macbook there.

Myself I wouldn't convert to wmv, since that only works with windows applications and you can't cap it with virtualdub. Avi is a much better choice, even though it's compressed less. Avi can be used on both mac and windows computers.
The codec pack I use for wmp is K-lite codec pack. Haven't had the codec problem in years.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #21
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:06 AM
technically you can play wmv files on a mac, but you have to download something. it's amazing how many sites stream wmv videos, just assuming everyone has a pc. i mean sure, something like 98% of the population does, but i'd rather cater to 100% than just 98%.