Pay-As-You-Go SIM Cards in the US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cathalmc

Refugee
I'm coming to the USA for the first time next month. Gonna be there for the six weeks of the tour.

Could any of you recommend a good pay-as-you-go SIM card to choose that is cheap for sending text messages and also for emailing pictures taken on the phone?

I've got a pay monthly contract here in the UK but the costs of using it in the US will be quite high.

I'd be interested in this too!

And also, get your hands on a copy of Cathal's book. He was kind enough to give me and my friends a copy in BCN gratis. I'm loving it at the moment :)

Jon

I'd be interested in this too!

And also, get your hands on a copy of Cathal's book. He was kind enough to give me and my friends a copy in BCN gratis. I'm loving it at the moment :)

Jon

Hey, thanks for the compliment. I didn't know you were also on Interference! Coulda guessed though :)

(I must point out that Jon was the first in the GA queue for Barcelona 1 along with two mates.)

Are you coming to the States to see some U2 shows? We'll have to exchange brand new pay-as-you-go US SIM card numbers if so :)

Are you coming to the States to see some U2 shows? We'll have to exchange brand new pay-as-you-go US SIM card numbers if so :)

Sounds like a plan mate! Well we are hoping to go to Vegas, LA and Vancouver. Almost got the tix needed for the latter, but struggling with the big guns...
It was a bit of a late epiphany to go to the US

Sounds like a plan mate! Well we are hoping to go to Vegas, LA and Vancouver. Almost got the tix needed for the latter, but struggling with the big guns...
It was a bit of a late epiphany to go to the US

Ah spontaneity is always the best way to do these things!

There may be more ticket drops for GA tix closer to the concerts, they've done it for most other shows. Check Ticketmaster and that Vegas agency every day and you should be alright. I've one spare cheap seat ticket to all three of those shows if you're still looking later.

Thanks for the link! I didn't know Amazon sold SIM cards. The more you see the less you know and all that.

Is this a recommended SIM? There are no details of running costs provided.

I would read the reviews before buying a SIM card off of Amazon. It looks like some people had complaints about the activation of it.

If possible, contact AT&T and see what options are available to you before you leave. They have those pay as you go phones, so that may be a good option for you as well. If you need a zip code, use the zip code of the first stop on your trip.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/go-phones/

customer service:
http://www.att.com/wireless/contact-us/index.jsp

Where is your first stop on your N.America tour?

i highly recommend tmobile. i've been with them for over seven years, though i'm always on a monthly plan with them. but their customer service is great, and i think their rates are good too. for prepaid, they have two options: pay as you go or by the day: Unsupported Browser

i highly recommend tmobile. i've been with them for over seven years, though i'm always on a monthly plan with them. but their customer service is great, and i think their rates are good too. for prepaid, they have two options: pay as you go or by the day: Unsupported Browser

Yeah, I'd agree with you. I've been with them since 2000 and have no complaints. I don't think you can find better rate plans then theirs and my phone has worked in every country I've been to. Sometimes I wish they'd update their blackberry selections quicker but that's about it.

tmobile is pretty universal as well! :up: we have it on mainland Europe too. One of the better brands here, next to Vodafone.

If possible, contact AT&T and see what options are available to you before you leave. They have those pay as you go phones, so that may be a good option for you as well. If you need a zip code, use the zip code of the first stop on your trip.

Prepaid cell phone, GoPhone® - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

customer service:
Contact AT&T

Where is your first stop on your N.America tour?

Thanks for all the info everyone. Seems like T Mobile are in the lead at the mo. First stop is Chicago.

Back
Top Bottom