Ok explain this to me (Ipod issue)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
So there is this song on my Ipod, if I try to play it while the Ipod is docked in my Bose speakers, it plays perfectly fine. But, if I try to listen to the same song using headphones, about 15 seconds in it freezes my whole Ipod and I have to reset it.

Now tell me why on earth that would happen.

but it only happens to that 1 song. if my headphones messed up my ipod youd think it would happen for every song...

chizip, try to touch a radiator with your head before putting on the headphones.

The answer is obvious. The song is possessed. You need a musical exorcist.

ive used 2 sets of headphones, so its not a single headphone issue. when its docked the song plays fine, when ya use headphones it freezes. pretty weird.

You have a bad headphone jack. The iPod pauses when you remove the headphones, and your iPod is thinking you pulled the headphones out.

That is what is wrong.

Chrisedge said:
You have a bad headphone jack. The iPod pauses when you remove the headphones, and your iPod is thinking you pulled the headphones out.

That is what is wrong.

That's it.

Mine works fine too and I've had it for nearly a year.

Chizip, if it's still under warranty, you can take it to an Apple Store or send it in and you'll get a new (refurb) iPod or they'll just replace the headphone jack...I don't remember which.

That's hapened to me too - it's not the pause issue, because it actually freezes the ipod, and for me it happens only when i am turning the ipod on and selecting a song to play. Before anyone goes blaming crappy music, I don't think I've listened to anything but U2 on my iPod in months and the last time it happened it was definately Red Hill Mining Town.

Whack it on the back, I did and it works fine. Apple tried to tell me it'll be $400 to fix (a U2 photo one) but I said give me some time.

And it worked. Just had to reformat it and then whack it six times hard.

Back
Top Bottom