Oh mah gah new Apple stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
The Safari web browser is now open for public beta on Windows. It claims to load pages twice as fast as Internet explorer and 1.8x as fast as Firefox. Download

The next incarnation of the OS, dubbed Leopard, looks pretty fucking pimp with new shiny features.

There's probably more stuff to sift through as well.

I've fallen so much in love with Firefox and all of my add-ons....:sad:

...but 1.8x faster...:ohmy: :hyper:

I've never noticed any slowness issues with FireFox (besides when I'm torrenting like nobody's business and the connection itself is slow), but I suppose if I ever do I'll consider Safari. Now that FireFox has the IE emulator though....

I'm so excited for Leopard now too! :hyper: :combust:

I was watching the MacRumors.com live text and picture updates throughout the entire keynote speech. :nerd:

i just downloaded safari for windows, and i've lost count of how many times i reported bugs already. it wasn't completely unexpected, but i didn't think it was gonna be that messy. i'm gonna keep using firefox until they release the next beta version.

I'm using the beta on my Macbook right now...and it's been great so far. We'll see though. I won't be too disappointed if something doesn't work out since it's a beta.

So, I started using Safari over Firefox. It actually is faster (Lies, I never had speed "issues' with Firefox, either...but now I know it could be faster! :wink: ).

One MAJOR complaint, though: With Safari, you can't do Gmail chat. If anyone's figured out a way, let me know...but for now, it doesn't even show me who's online/that I'm online/etc.

I told my mom about the next iPod upgrade coming this holiday season and it turns out she and my dad were going to surprised me with an 80 Gig video for my birthday.

So we decided to send the 80 gig back and wait until the next iPod model comes out and get that. So yeah, I'm hoping there's an upgrade.

I still feel bad about it though.

I'm trying out Safari on my XP and I gotta tell you, its faster than firefox.. not that many features though. Maybe new release will have extensions? I watched the Apple keynote an i'm amazed.

just realized the resizeable text windows here now!! :yes: Safari and Firefox are loads better than IE!!! :up:

It's interesting how Apple is making a foray into the Windows market again with Safari, though. I hope they work out all the bugs and speed issues. Also, native support for Firefox compatible extensions would be killer. :up:

It's funny because a lot of Mac users resent the ports of iTunes and Safari to Windows because Apple doesn't forge ahead programming Mac-specific versions of either program because they have to bastardize the code over to XP afterwards.

Utoo said:
i haven't seen the article, but i heard cnet panned safari :huh:
The Windows beta, probably. I admit it will take a hell of a lot to tear me away from Firefox.

Canadiens1160 said:
The Windows beta, probably. I admit it will take a hell of a lot to tear me away from Firefox.

yeah, it was the windows version. It's hard....I do notice that it's a bit faster than firefox, but it has none of the awesome add-ons...:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom