No threads on the new iphone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dusty Bottoms

Acrobat
half the price, almost 3 times the speed, GPS capabilities while being a little sleeker...

glad i waited, if i had paid 600 bones for the first gen id be kicking myself right now.

My understanding is that the rate for the monthly plans are going up though. Is that true? If so, by how much?

Not that I'll be purchasing an iPhone anytime soon...but I'm just curious!

It might be $70/mo (voice+data), according to some websites. I currently get a 20% corporate discount with at&t - I'll wait and see what they come out with for plans.

I can't wait until November when my Sprint contract is up. Then I'll be moving over to AT&T...no data plan for me though, I live in a heavy WiFI area, so there's no need for data. I'm a little pissed that you have to activate in store though. I'd planned on buying one over the summer to play with, then activating it in November.

Was originally planning on waiting to see what new features the new phone would have. But I'm glad I got mine at the deal I was offered, even with new faster service and GPS it can't match it.

The phone itself is cheaper, but the monthly plan fee is going up so you'll actually pay more over the lifetime of the phone than you would with the original.

I'm waiting for the day that they have a 20-gig nano iphone. :drool:

AT&T to sell new iPhone without a two-year contract -- for $400 extra

AT&T offers new option of iPhone without contract: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

Without a contract, users can cancel service without incurring an early termination fee. But both contract and contract-free phones will be "locked" to work only on AT&T's network, and the monthly service plans available will be the same, said AT&T spokesman Michael Coe. The plans add a $30 monthly charge for data like e-mail and Web surfing on top of a calling plan.

As previously announced, the cheapest monthly calling plan for the iPhone will cost $70 per month, before taxes and fees that can add $10 per month. That plan includes 450 minutes of calls and unlimited e-mail and Web browsing.

MIght use my current plan + the iphone.

I love my 3g. Battery is the only thing that pisses me off . By tea-time I'm wondering whether it will really make it through the day without a drink. Bit like me really.

I love my 3g. Battery is the only thing that pisses me off . By tea-time I'm wondering whether it will really make it through the day without a drink. Bit like me really.

This is one of the reasons why I reckon the iPAQ 612c is better. It's got 4 hours talk time with 250 hours of standby. Plus:
  • 3G wireless broadband connectivity for voice and data
  • Tri-band HSDPA 7.2 Mbps (850/1900/2100 MHz)1
  • Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)1,2,3,4
  • Wireless LAN: IEEE 802.11 b/g5
  • Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR1
  • Assisted GPS (A-GPS) navigation (on select models)
  • Windows Mobile® 6 Professional
  • Multi-mode navigation - Smart Touch Wheel, 3-way thumb wheel, touchscreen, and 12-key numeric pad
  • 2.8-inch 240x320 TFT color touch screen display
  • 3 Megapixel autofocus camera
  • 1590 mAh battery
  • 128MB SDRAM / 256MB Flash ROM
  • Micro-SD card slot
  • Mini-USB connector for charge/sync
  • Portrait/landscape key
  • Voice Commander and Voice Reply
  • HP Enterprise Mobility Agent

Good review on it here:
http://pocketpcsoft.net/php/ipaq 614 review.php

Back