Next iPod update?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattip2000

New Yorker
I have a 20 gig black and white ipod that has been fairly good to me, but I’m in “need” of a new one (a.k.a. I WANT more space and I want to have video on it). My dilemma is if I buy a new shiny ipod this summer, will I get screwed by have the newer ones with cooler features come out the day after I buy it?

Anyone have a guess as too when the next update will be and what bells and whistles it may have?

I’m really trying to hold out till the next update but I have very poor impulse control sometimes. Plus it hurts my heart a little each time I have to vote a song off my ipod to make room for a new one.

I'd wait until this holiday season to know for sure. The iPhone is Apple's "Next Big Thing" right now, but I have a hunch they'll release a new iPod this year.

This article is dated, but it kind of confirms my suspicions:

http://notes.thinksecret.com/secretnotes/0705mayipodnote.shtml

I've read other ones talking about a 6th Gen iPod, but that's the first one that popped up on Google.

I think it depends on what your needs are. Are you going to use the video part a lot, or just as a complement to music?

To me, the new update is probably going to be the "fullscreen" video iPod. And, my iPod is primarily for music, video is just a plus. I'm trying to wait for the update, then snag an 80gb model from the refurbished store for a lot less cash.

I agree as well. Wait until the iphone-mania is over and apple will go back to the macs and ipods!

I'm mad. :mad: I just got a new Motola KRZR and as much as I love it, it's so small and I'd rather have an iPhone! :rant: I should have held out just a few more months!

Back
Top Bottom