New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new one is made with WAY stronger glass. It's the same glass as helicopter windshields...

it could... but the assumption is that when the iPhone is offered on multiple carriers it will spread out the work load... which would actually help at&t as well, in theory.

I hope so, because the reason I have Verizon is that I can call from the middle of nowhere. Which is where I spend a lot of time during the summer.

I hope so, because the reason I have Verizon is that I can call from the middle of nowhere. Which is where I spend a lot of time during the summer.

The thing is, will Apple renegotiate the exclusive contract with ATT? Other wise Verizon users will have to wait until 2012 when the contract expires. Are you willing to wait that long?

The new one is made with WAY stronger glass. It's the same glass as helicopter windshields...

perhaps you missed that this...

500x_iphone-shattered2.jpg

... is an iPhone 4, with the new super duper helicopter glass, dropped face down 3 times from 3 1/2 feet.

Well is there a link/story to that? Could just be a photoshop or something.

So, does anyone have first-hand experience between a MacBook and a MacBook Pro?
I'm comparing 13-inch screen versions.

I really like the idea of having 8GB of RAM in the Pro and a FireWire connection still. But the $700 price difference seems like a bit much.

Anyone know if USB 3.0 will be in Macs ever?

i pre-ordered my iphone this afternoon...

...then i read on gizmodo that any orders placed this afternoon probably wouldn't be shipped by the 24th

:sad:

So, does anyone have first-hand experience between a MacBook and a MacBook Pro?
I'm comparing 13-inch screen versions.

I really like the idea of having 8GB of RAM in the Pro and a FireWire connection still. But the $700 price difference seems like a bit much.

Anyone know if USB 3.0 will be in Macs ever?

I bought the Non-Pro model back when the aluminum version came out.....the Apple employee told me that the Pro model is basically better if you were looking to use it as a photo editing device and other basic features.......I forgot the rest, but for me the lower priced unit fit my needs better.
:shrug:

I bought the Non-Pro model back when the aluminum version came out.....the Apple employee told me that the Pro model is basically better if you were looking to use it as a photo editing device and other basic features.......I forgot the rest, but for me the lower priced unit fit my needs better.
:shrug:

Thanks. I think I need the extra RAM. The current MacBook my wife uses has 4GB, and it just doesn't cut it for some of her database stuff.
(I tell her she has too many programs open at once and doesn't empty her trash enough, but what do I know. :wink: )

Plus, I was thinking I would stick with the MacBooks since I have 3 already and 6 batteries, but since all of the new ones are sealed batteries, it doesn't matter much.

Well is there a link/story to that? Could just be a photoshop or something.

iPhone 4 Glass – Will it break? | iFix your i Blog

real phone without the circuit board... it was done by an iPhone repair site that already has all the parts to the iPhone.

conclusion was that the glass is stronger, but, like all glass, is still able to shatter on a sudden direct impact.

Interesting. So in other words you have to drop it so that it lands perfectly flat on its face to make it shatter. Otherwise it will just 'bend' and not break? :hmm:

there were 600k preorders

anyone who has bought tickets for a u2 show could have guessed there would be issues

people who said they got up at 1am/2am are nuts. i waited until around 230 to order. didn't have any issues but i probably won't get my phone on the 24th

in a month, i'll have my phone and everything will be a memory

I see no reason to buy this new iPhone now

the 4G is not even up and running in most markets
and based on past experiences when it is up. it will be overloaded and bog down.

Most of us that have some version of the iPhone, it is working for us well enough, why upgrade now.

I see no reason to buy this new iPhone now

the 4G is not even up and running in most markets
and based on past experiences when it is up. it will be overloaded and bog down.

Most of us that have some version of the iPhone, it is working for us well enough, why upgrade now.

Bingo. There's nothing incredibly innovative about the iPhone 4. I'll probably be picking up the Samsung Captivate when it comes out.

Also, the iPhone 4 does not support 4G.

people are getting their iphones today and it doesn't look like mine has even shipped yet :sad:

I updated my 3G to iOS 4 and lost the last 2 months worth of stuff (contacts, photos, texts, notes, Angry Birds scores, etc.)... This sucks and despite iTunes saying a backup was made, it was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom