New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you can MMS with every version of the iPhone except for the first generation... it was added on in a software update last summer.

so "change everything again" involves a skinnier phone with a slightly sharper screen, farmville and a video chat feature that you can't even use on your shitty network? and, hello, skype already plans on releasing video functionality for android within the year?

that's inovation? stevie boy... you've lost your way.

and of course, the first thing people say when they see apple's new upgrade options is "hey! they want to lock people in now because the CDMA iPhone is on it's way! yay!"

you can MMS with every version of the iPhone except for the first generation... it was added on in a software update last summer.

so "change everything again" involves a skinnier phone with a slightly sharper screen, farmville and a video chat feature that you can't even use on your shitty network? and, hello, skype already plans on releasing video functionality for android within the year?

that's inovation? stevie boy... you've lost your way.

and of course, the first thing people say when they see apple's new upgrade options is "hey! they want to lock people in now because the CDMA iPhone is on it's way! yay!"

oh yeah? yeah?! well....well....the mets stink! so there! :wink:

a co-worker cracked his. he damn near makes love to it every day

it looks cool and has a whole bunch of different things on it. we talked about breaking my ipod touch but i don't think i'm going to do it now.

what utter crap. the iphone 3gs has more appeal and isn't as fucking ugly as that thing.

You are the FIRST person I have seen on all of the internet bagging on the looks of the phone. That is the one thing people have been on board with. The thing may not have groundbreaking features, but damm if it's not the best looking phone / display out there.

You are the FIRST person I have seen on all of the internet bagging on the looks of the phone. That is the one thing people have been on board with. The thing may not have groundbreaking features, but damm if it's not the best looking phone / display out there.

excuse my opinion.

and there were people earlier in this very thread who said it didn't have the same clean lines etc as a typical apple product.

excuse my opinion.
and there were people earlier in this very thread who said it didn't have the same clean lines etc as a typical apple product.

Well.. I dont think they used as many swear words as you did. :wink:

I actually also prefer the look of the 3g to the new 4g. I dont like that its thinner, and it doesnt have a sleek rounded look like the previous models. But I have not seen/held one in person so maybe I'd feel differently.

Well.. I dont think they used as many swear words as you did. :wink:

I actually also prefer the look of the 3g to the new 4g. I dont like that its thinner, and it doesnt have a sleek rounded look like the previous models. But I have not seen/held one in person so maybe I'd feel differently.

after playing with my co-workers phone and looking at the new design. i kinda like the change, especially the flat back.

As for the 4g I think it is a lot uglier than the 3g and I probably wont upgrade until my contract is up and only if its cheap.

I actually also don't love the way it looks. It's way too box-y.

I am sticking with my iPhone until a 4G version comes out, I'm presuming we may see it next summer.

there are plenty of other phones out there who's display is on par with what apple is releasing.

that said, the phone does look nice. i will give it that.

problem is i don't choose my phone by how pretty it is.

and it also still shatters pretty nicely...

500x_iphone-shattered2.jpg

... which is going to be twice as fun considering that apple is now making both sides of the thing glass.

... which is going to be twice as fun considering that apple is now making both sides of the thing glass.

It's also fun considering you still can't get insurance on these things. Thankfully I can get insurance on my Incredible because it's not a matter of if but when I will drop it and break the screen.

they should offer some type of insurance, something like $6 a month and then $50 bucks for a replacement phone, with only one replacement in a 24 month period.

they would come out way ahead,
and it would look like they actually cared about their customers.

I put my iPhone on a fence when I was building a gate
I knock it off onto my driveway, it looked like that one ^

I went to apple store paid the $230 bucks and got a new (reconditioned) one.
I was good with that, my fault,

about 4 months later, that phone just froze
took it in to apple store again, they could not get it to work,
I said I just paid $230 for it, they said it was only guaranteed for 90 days.

I said now what? they said buy a new phone

I've dropped my 3g a million times but that has never happened.

the weight is on the back of the phone, and if it lands on the back of the phone it doesn't effect the screen... whereas if it lands on the screen a few times it goes "pop" and shatters.

the issue now with the new one is that the back, too, is now made out of glass... part of their attempt to make the signal better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom