New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AT&T Block on Employee Vacations for June Hints at iPhone Launch

Boy Genius Report claims that AT&T has instituted a block on all employee vacations for the month of June, signaling a possible iPhone release sometime during the month. In the past, such policies have been reliable indicators of iPhone launches.
Same story as last year and the year before, but we've confirmed with multiple AT&T sources that the carrier has now put a block on employees taking vacations in June. The only time AT&T does a straight block like this is for iPhone launches.

Apple has typically launched its new iPhone models in June of each year, although the iPhone 3G did not launch until July 11th, 2008, just inside the window predicted by AT&T's vacation block that year.

For the past two iPhone releases, Apple has introduced the new iPhone hardware at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco and launched sales of the new models 32 days (3G in 2008) and 11 days (3GS in 2009) later. Despite the fact that Apple has yet to announce dates for this year's WWDC, a number of hints and rumors have pointed to a late June timeframe for the event. Such scheduling would make for a short interval between the next-generation iPhone's presumed introduction at WWDC and its launch by the end of the month.

:hmm:

wait,

especially if new one has front facing camera

iPhone 4G found on a bar floor? | Apple - CNET News

Looks like an internal prototype to me used by software development teams (Apple is notorious for distributing fake chassis to software and fake software to hardware). As long as Steve Jobs and Jonathan Ive are running the show in terms of design, there's no way Apple would every release something with those type of buttons like that on the side or cracks in the seem.

Looks like an internal prototype to me used by software development teams (Apple is notorious for distributing fake chassis to software and fake software to hardware). As long as Steve Jobs and Jonathan Ive are running the show in terms of design, there's no way Apple would every release something with those type of buttons like that on the side or cracks in the seem.

I guess these guys agree with you?

http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

Hey guys, question about iTunes;
How many iPods can be "linked" to a specific library? Is there a maximum amount you can link to?

Hey guys, question about iTunes;
How many iPods can be "linked" to a specific library? Is there a maximum amount you can link to?

What do mean "linked?" Just used with it?

I have 5 in use with a single iTunes program with no problems. I do manual syncing if that makes any difference.

What do mean "linked?" Just used with it?

I have 5 in use with a single iTunes program with no problems. I do manual syncing if that makes any difference.

Yeah, that what I meant. I heard a long time ago, that you could only use up to 5 units with a single program....I have not yet tried it.

If there were any remaining doubters about the authenticity of the prototype iPhone that was leaked earlier today, Gizmodo has posted a letter from Apple demanding the device back. The letter may seem like an odd admission by Apple, but apparently was required by Gizmodo to return the device.

Apple reportedly called Gizmodo earlier today after the images of the unreleased device were posted to the internet. The prototype iPhone was reportedly left at a bar by an Apple employee. The letter reads:
It has come to our attention that GIZMODO is current in possession of a device that belongs to Apple. This letter constitutes a formal request that you return the device to Apple. Please let us know where to pick up the unit.

The letter is signed by Apple's Senior Vice President & General Counsel Bruce Sewell.

Gizmodo, of course, will be returning the phone.

003646-500x_applelegaltogizmodo.jpg

whoa

If there were any remaining doubters about the authenticity of the prototype iPhone that was leaked earlier today, Gizmodo has posted a letter from Apple demanding the device back. The letter may seem like an odd admission by Apple, but apparently was required by Gizmodo to return the device.

Apple reportedly called Gizmodo earlier today after the images of the unreleased device were posted to the internet. The prototype iPhone was reportedly left at a bar by an Apple employee. The letter reads:
It has come to our attention that GIZMODO is current in possession of a device that belongs to Apple. This letter constitutes a formal request that you return the device to Apple. Please let us know where to pick up the unit.

The letter is signed by Apple's Senior Vice President & General Counsel Bruce Sewell.

Gizmodo, of course, will be returning the phone.

003646-500x_applelegaltogizmodo.jpg

whoa

i never questioned that it was, in fact, an iPhone prototype... gizmodo is too big a site to post it unless they were pretty damn sure.

my only question is wether or not apple was in on it and this is some sort of viral marketing campaign... not really apple's style but still... a guy just randomly forgets it at a bar and somebody picks it up and has contact information for tech sites?

seems a little convenient.

Yeah, that what I meant. I heard a long time ago, that you could only use up to 5 units with a single program....I have not yet tried it.

it's five computers, but i don't think there's any limit for how many ipods can be synced.

Sounds like I need to get another iPod and try it. :D

The 5 computer thing pisses me off because the "deauthorize" this computer thing gets hiccup-y.

If you have a computer die, you can't deauthorize it, so you have to deauthorize all of your computers from iTunes and then reauthorize each one. :angry:

In my opinion, I honestly do not think that Apple did this on purpose.
I am also surprised by the lack of design by this new unit, it's very "square"....not something that Ivey is known for.

I think it is just a proto? type.

they use that box to put the new components in and test it.

when they go to production, they get the slicker design.

sigh

The cd loaded just fine into my iMac here at home, but now it's been stuck in my iMac at work for two days. I can hear it in there, jerkily spinning when I start up the computer. I've tried everything there is to try that you can find online. I really liked the cd, too. It's Magic Lantern's new record, Platoon.

I want it back. :sad:

sigh

The cd loaded just fine into my iMac here at home, but now it's been stuck in my iMac at work for two days. I can hear it in there, jerkily spinning when I start up the computer. I've tried everything there is to try that you can find online. I really liked the cd, too. It's Magic Lantern's new record, Platoon.

I want it back. :sad:

Mouse button down while restarting?

unfolded paper clip into the little hole on the right side of the slot load drive?

Uh... pliers? ;)

Not yet.
The battery compartment will be 20% bigger giving the unit a longer performance.
Next month, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom