New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, my contact at Sprint told me about the Nexus.:up:

I am sure you will be happy with it.

The iPhone is my first real smart phone. People tend to stick with what they start with.

I was loyal to the Zune over iPod. I bought A 32 gig iPod.
I preferred the Zune for the FM tuner over the iPod. I have never really used the iPod that much.

I am using my iPhone more than anything else now, because it has so much available over the wifi connection.
and the external speakers. I am trying not to blast out my ears with too much ear bud use. Trust me, the older you get, you will be sorry for the heavy head-phone and ear bud use on your hearing.

It does seem many Blackberry users are moving over the iPhones and Droids for the added features they offer.

People are so used to the ipod devices that they look passed other great technological devices. The zune is a great MP3 Device. My only problem with the Zune is you have to use MS points to buy a song.

Why do you guys think that the Zune never took off? It's an amazing product.

being an old(er) guy, I think I know the answer to that

market share,

VHS tapes got the market over Sony's Betamax tapes, which were superior.

It's is funny a lot of my friends know I have a MacBook and the Asus laptop.

Their kids, ages 18 to early 20s all only want MacBooks,
because it is the cool brand to have. Peer pressure.

The Asus is a better machine, especially for the money.

People are so used to the ipod devices that they look passed other great technological devices. The zune is a great MP3 Device. My only problem with the Zune is you have to use MS points to buy a song.

I hate the way Apple keeps updating iTunes, what is in that new code?

The original Zunes software was great you could just put any mp3 in a file and move it over to your Zune, Zune would then let you label it and add art work. Zune would even try and match the song online and suggest titles for you. There was no real control over how you got music or moved back and forth from device to computer.

With the upgrades to the Zune software, this control seems to be less available.

I thought the early versions of Zune marketplace let you buy music with a credit card for $.79 a song?

They were always less than iTunes and DRM free.

Two big plusses.

I also greatly prefer OS X over any Windows OS that I've ever used, but that's just me.

me too. i've also found that doing any even half-serious work is a much better experience on a mac than a pc.

The computer class I'm taking is contoured towards Office on a PC other than a Mac, but it's a wash between the two of them.

Though I haven't used Avid, I greatly prefer Final Cut as an audio/video editing suite over Adobe Premiere. The former is only on a Mac and the latter works on both platforms.

The computer class I'm taking is contoured towards Office on a PC other than a Mac, but it's a wash between the two of them.

Though I haven't used Avid, I greatly prefer Final Cut as an audio/video editing suite over Adobe Premiere. The former is only on a Mac and the latter works on both platforms.
yeah. office is office no matter what.

i found i vastly preferred using pro tools to edit audio for more painless on a mac than any other audio editing software i've used - all else of which were on a pc and came nowhere close to pro tools + mac. i found that having a mac at home also gave me a great continuity of work and familiarity with what i was doing wherever i was - i wasn't transferring from one platform to another or being limited to only working at school. but maybe i'm just one of those kids from 18 to early 20s who has to have it coz i'm cool.

I can relate. Having Final Cut to be able to work on TV Production projects on the fly last year was a plus. I didn't get a chance to use it as much this school year, but it was worth learning how to work the basic elements of it.

Also, I enjoy social status.

Avid's a better product, but Final Cut's more user friendly. That's how Apple rolls, imo. I'm using one (a Mac) on a regular basis for the first time, and I just...don't get the appeal...at all. Sticking to the PC, you guys can have fun with your gadgets.

As far as switching from Blackberry to Moto's Android phone, I did it because the new Blackberry was going to be the same price as the Moto Cliq, and I wanted to try out something new, but when I'm done with the Moto, I will likely go back to Blackberry. Again, Android is fun and quirky like Apple, but, I'm happier with my linear, get it done program, like Blackberry.

Though I still do love the iPod.

I hate the way Apple keeps updating iTunes, what is in that new code?

well... i imagine every time Apple releases a new product and/or updates software for existing products that they have to then issue an update for iTunes to make sure that said products are compatible and run error free.

would be my guess...

i'm jonesing to spend some money :crack:

i really want to upgrade to the 64gb ipod touch

That was what my wife had until I gave her my 1st Gen Nano. The U2 iPod still works, but the battery is mostly dead, so I use it as a back-up external HD.

The U2 ones are a little...um...chunky.

I have one on my Iphone too, so if my U2 one breaks, I have a back up.

I'm actually thinking on getting the Droid.
I just can't justify getting rid of my employee accomodation with Sprint; $15/month with 750 mins and unlimited texts.
My current phone is a relic though, Samsung SPHA-900.

I think I'm going to break down and get the new HTC Incredible. :reject: Of course that means the iPhone will hit Verizon in June. My first gen Storm is freaking slow now, I have to battery pull every other day.

for whatever it's worth, i know someone who works for a company who was negotiating with verizon who said that the iPhone was brought up by big red in their negotiations... [/grainofsalt]

If I had a nickel for everytime I'd heard that.... I'd have a lot of nickels. :D

i'm jonesing to spend some money :crack:

i really want to upgrade to the 64gb ipod touch

My iPod Touch is starting to die. My 2nd Gen U2 iPod should still work but my 1st Gen is dead, I just don't want to part with it. If I go with the Incredible I will also likely upgrade the iPod. Although I should be fine with the 32 gig.

That was what my wife had until I gave her my 1st Gen Nano. The U2 iPod still works, but the battery is mostly dead, so I use it as a back-up external HD.

The U2 ones are a little...um...chunky.
i took my first ipod (it was a second gen) out of a drawer i've kept it in since i replaced it. it was so heavy, i couldn't imagine ever thinking it was lightweight. :lol:

my 2nd gen u2 ipod (color, but no video) has been sitting in my charging station collecting dust for a couple of years.

p1020045u.jpg

i just fired it up and it still works :up:

The new iPhone is coming in June. iPods get refreshed in September; usually the Tuesday one week after the back to school sale ends.

You are completely right;

iPod Recent Releases
???
9/2009
9/2008
9/2007
9/2006
10/2005
6/2005
7/2004
9/2003
4/2003