New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can we please keep the thread on topic? it's not about how much of a monopoly you think apple has on things. if you want to talk about how much apple sucks, you may do so in...the thread you created.

So no one is allowed to say good things about apple in that thread, right?

Good to know! :up:

Thanks for the reply deep.

I actually do not think the iPad will be a great sucess. I want to experience it though, once it's available at the Apple store, I'll take it for a spin.

As far as sales, I found this out;

101600-ipad_preorders.png

iPad Opening Weekend Pre-Orders Pegged at Roughly 150,000 Units

Fortune continues following an organized effort being made to track iPad pre-orders in the U.S., noting that demand for Apple's new tablet device has significantly tapered off since Friday's pre-order launch and settled in the neighborhood of 150,000 as a rough estimate for the first three days of availability.According to Daniel Tello, the Venezuelan blogger-analyst who has been tracking order numbers submitted by volunteers at Investor Village's AAPL Sanity board, orders on Saturday and Sunday slowed to an estimated 1,000 per hour.

Based on his analysis as the initial push from the launch day wears off, Tello predicts that Apple may see about 500,000 pre-orders and reservations by the time the iPad officially becomes available on April 3rd.
"My best guess, although very tentative given the early stage and few data we have so far, would be that they hit the 1 million unit milestone by the second week after it ships," he told Fortune. "But this is a very speculative guesstimate based on just a weekend of pre-orders."

Tello's formula for calculating iPad sales comes from a sampling of Order ID numbers from Apple customers adjusted for expected sales of non-iPad products and a weighting based on average number of iPads expected per order (currently 1.125).

I think that customers are finally getting smart about Apple product; Never buy a first generation unit, ever.

Thanks for the reply deep.

I actually do not think the iPad will be a great success. I want to experience it though, once it's available at the Apple store, I'll take it for a spin.

you are welcome

as I said, I am really happy with my iPhone and do find many of the apps very useful.

I am at a point in my life that I have fair amount of discretionary income.
So I will give the iPad a look over in a few weeks, when the crowds die down. I may pick one up. The wifi browsing is appealing. Lately I am spending some time in coffee houses and cafes with free wifi and the portability of the iPad over a notebook may win me over.

The fact is, the way we use computers is outmoded. The graphical user interface that’s still part of our daily existence was forged in the 1960s and ’70s, even before IBM got into the PC business. Most of the software we use today has its origins in the pre-Internet era, when storage was at a premium, machines ran thousands of times slower, and applications were sold in shrink-wrapped boxes for hundreds of dollars. With the iPad, Apple is making its play to become the center of a post-PC era. But to succeed, it will have to beat out the other familiar powerhouses that are working to define and dominate the future.

In a few years will Apple control the market on how we use the internet?

How the Tablet Will Change the World | Magazine

Will iPad dominate like the iPod and iPhone

or will it miss? Like the G4 cube?

Power_mac_g4_cube.png

I keep on waiting for official word from either Apple or Verizon about the possible merge between these two companies.
I really want to get that phone, but I want it with Verizon. ATT coverage sucks in my area.

Does anyone have friends that work for either and have inside information?

I keep on waiting for official word from either Apple or Verizon about the possible merge between these two companies.
I really want to get that phone, but I want it with Verizon. ATT coverage sucks in my area.

I'm with you. I would kill for the iPhone on Verizon. Sadly, I have no inside information.

Only if they're dumb enough to put themselves out there for insider trading. :lol:

I just got an Iphone a few weeks ago and AT&T is good where I live. I love this phone. I can't imagine how I did without it for so long.

I tried out the iPad today at the Fifth Avenue Apple Store in NYC; I wouldn't ever use it for personal use, but I would love to use it for my business to run Square.

If they made one half the size (without the ugly bezel), I'd be all over it.

Wow it took Apple 4 years to do multitasking on their Ifails. Android has been multitasking for over 3 years now and Palm even longer.

Yawn and now Apple is going to have everyone buy a new phone with these features.............

iPhone OS 4.0 Summary

- Home Screen Wallpapers
- Multitasking (iPod Touch 3rd Generation and iPhone 3G S only)
- Game Center (Like Xbox Live)
- iAd - Interactive Advertisements
- Application Folders
- Corporate Device Management
- Application Level Encryption/Decryption
- iBooks
- Unified Inbox

I was really hoping for Google Maps Navigation, custom SMS/Alert tones, improved notification system and the ability to turn off Spotlight.

Not to mention
Palm's card system for multitasking absolutely kills the iPhones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom