New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone get sparks when plugging in a USB device to their Macbooks?
I plugged in my printer and saw a light spark. Thought at first it was because the printer was connected electrically.

But now I notice it does it slightly when I connect my iPhone.
Not sure if it's done it before, it's the first time I've really noticed it.

"Jobs "Extremely Happy" with Upcoming Apple Tablet and a Surprise?

Apple Tablet rumors have exploded in the past few days with reports suggesting that Apple may introduce the device as early as January. A New York Times Blog post by Nick Bilton adds a few tantalizing tidbits about the upcoming device.

As we've known, Bilton reports that Apple has been working on a tablet on-and-off for many years but never felt to be good enough to go to market. Some of the previous technology had already been adapted for the iPhone launch. It seems, however, that Apple has finally gotten the tablet to the point to launch to the market, and according to a current senior employee at Apple, Steve Jobs is said to be "extremely happy with the new tablet."

Furthermore, another source told Bilton, "You will be very surprised how you interact with the new tablet." No other details are offered as to what this interaction might be. Apple, of course, holds many patents on multi-touch technology and has been expected to apply it to their upcoming tablet. Implementing more advanced gestures have been considered possible, though we're not sure if this would be considered a surprising interaction."

blogSpan.jpg

articleInline.jpg

So, I got a good deal on the mac box set on the Amazon Marketplace...$93. But it came today, and it's the Leopard Box Set. It was advertised as the Snow Leopard Box Set, but what came in the mail is the Leopard Box Set. Still has iLife 09 and iWork 09, but Leopard instead of Snow Leopard. What should I do? I contacted the seller a few minutes ago and asked what the deal is. The SL upgrade disc would only be an additional ~$25.

But WTF? If the picture is of the Snow Leopard Box Set, and the title says 'Mac Box Set with Snow Leopard', I should get the Snow Leopard Box Set.

My mac-book pro is 25 months and my only complaint is that the optic drive failed within two years.

I think 4-5 years is all we can expect to get out of any computer.

Did you figure out why your screen has that line? Does it still have it?

Looking at a craigslist offer for the Mac Box Set w/ Snow Leopard for $100.

"
Mac Box Set - Snow Leopard, iLife 09 and iWork 09 - $100 (San Antonio, TX)
FOR SALE!!!

Mac Box Set which contains:
- Snow Leopard OS X v10.6 - UNREGISTERD
- iLife '09 (iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand and iWeb)- UNREGISTERED
- iWork '09 (Pages, Numbers and Keynote)- REGISTERED – by accident. I wanted to know what the difference was between Office 08 & iWork. STILL ABLE TO INSTALL,

Retails price is $169, I'm selling for $100.

Package is very new (even has Apple stickers!)
"

Should I be bothered about iWork already being registered? And should I be weary of doing a long-distance(he's in Texas, I'm in Ohio) on Craigslist?

It is more than annoying especially since I got it on New Years Eve. It has never worked properly. This will be my second visit to the store over this problem. I will have several cds and a dvd in hand to show them that the drive is not working properly. What bothers me is that this is such a known and common problem, why doesn't Apple improve this device? Besides that annoyance, I love my MacBook Pro.

yes it is common, I hope you spent the $350? to get the extended warranty.

Mine went out before 2 years. Apple would not repair it unless I spent $900 for a new case, because my macbook has a little ding in a corner.
So I just bought an external drive for $80.

Is she under the free one year warranty or the paid 3 year warranty?

I always buy the extended warranty for Macs.
The first replacement was under the standard 1 year. The second was under the extended. I can't remember for certain if there was a third replacement of it or if it was a software issue.

I always buy the extended warranty for Macs.
The first replacement was under the standard 1 year. The second was under the extended. I can't remember for certain if there was a third replacement of it or if it was a software issue.

So in the 37th month you will be on your own. Most likely an external would be best then.

The thing about the warranties, they would not have helped me because one night I set my Mac on the carpet beside my bed.
It went down corner first so it got a small ding, less than 1/4 inch on the corner on the aluminum case.
When I brought it in Apple said that ding would negate all warranties. :shrug:

The unveiling is on the 27th.

Concept pic;

134137-apple_tablet_concept.jpg

AppleInsider reports that it has received information from sources detailing the appearance of Apple's much-rumored tablet device, noting that it is reminiscent of a "first-generation iPhone that's met its match with a rolling pin."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom