New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I need to be able to copy and paste if I'm trying to moderate Interference on my phone. So I'm very :hyper:

Remote moderation?

Well thats dedication. :lol: I can imagine you putting someone on hold while you do bannings. Possibly of the person on hold. :drool:

:lol:

Well, I usually only get on there if I've been away from a comp for more than a few hours. :wink:

3.0 is coming!!!

As promised, Apple just debuted its upcoming iPhone OS 3.0. Much of the news seemed developer-centric, but there are certainly plenty of consumer implications down the road, along with long-awaited functions like copy and paste, A2DP, MMS and universal Spotlight search. Improvements include:

App and developer functionality (more here)
Peer-to-peer connectivity over Bluetooth for gaming and other info-swapping.
Paid apps will have the potential to be subscription fee-based, and can include optional paid content that can be bought from right inside the app.
Developers can now build apps that call out to Google Maps, and can also finally bring Apple-blessed turn-by-turn to the phone.
Devs can also connect with hardware accessories over in their apps now, such as a blood pressure monitor -- or perhaps a keyboard? Connectivity works through the dock connector or over Bluetooth.
Long-promised push functionality will at last be included, but apps won't run in the background.
Developers can add streaming video and audio to their apps, along with in-game voice use.
General functionality
Cut, copy and paste. At last! You can shake the phone to undo and redo the action, and it works with both text and photos, allowing Mail to send multiple photos at a time. (more here)
MMS, along with forward and delete for multiple messages. (more here)
A2DP stereo Bluetooth.
Unlocked Bluetooth functionality on 2G iPod touch. (more here)
Spotlight has been added to a new home screen page to the left of existing pages, allowing for universal search on the phone. (more here)
Tethering is built into 3.0, and Apple will work with carriers on that -- who will have the last say on its implementation, most likely.
App Store will be available in 77 countries.
Parental controls for TV shows, movies and App Store apps.
Auto-login for WiFi hotspots.
Apple apps
A new app called Voice Memos which lets you record notes and reminders.
A revised Stocks app, with news stories and a landscape view.
Landscape view available for Mail, Text and Notes.
CalDAV support has been added to Calendar, along with subscriptions support in the .ics format.
Apple's major apps have all been expanded with search functionality.
Note syncing to Mac and PC.
YouTube account support.
Form auto-fill.
Phishing protection.
Shake the shuffle iPod playback.
A developer beta of OS 3.0 is available today, and the 3.0 update will be coming to consumers this summer as a free update to all iPhone 3G customers. It'll also work for 1st gen iPhone owners, though they won't receive A2DP or MMS due to hardware limitations. iPod touch owners will be able to update for $9.95, just like last time.

Landscape view available for Mail, Text and Notes.

OMG pleasssssssssse say we can finally text in landscape!!! :pray:

MMS, along with forward and delete for multiple messages. (more here)

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :hyper: Can we get the link to (more here) ???

A developer beta of OS 3.0 is available today

Where plz!

iPhone / iPod Touch software 3.0. Available sometime this summer. Only works on 3G iPhones and 2nd Generation iPod Touches.

Also, the new iPod Shuffle is the biggest piece of shit imaginable and what I think is an indicator that the company has lost its way again and will be in the shitter again in <10 years like it was in the mid-1990s. Who the fuck replaces a simple button control scheme that is the same as every music device anywhere, and instead puts a click-based navigation system into the earbud cord? Hey, want to use, you know, "normal" headphones with your iPod Shuffle? Shit, sorry son you're out of luck because the Shuffle doesn't have any means to control itself on the actual fucking unit :doh:

iPhone OS 3.0 Will Turn Your Phone Into a Revolutionary Sex Toy - Gizmodo Australia

he latest features in the new iPhone OS 3.0 make it a better phone, GPS, gaming and computing platforms. But they also have the potential to turn it into the most perfect sex toy yet.

Dr. Debby Herbenick—author and sex expert—liked our iPhone 3.0 guide so much that she wrote a great phone sex guide inspired by it. Which got me thinking: Can the new OS make the iPhone the best sexual toy ever?

Actually, I think it can. Or at least, it has all the elements to turn it into the most sophisticated sexual machine I can imagine.

Let's start with the basics: First, the new iPhone OS 3.0 adds a rumble application programming interface. Basically, this will allow developers to fine tune the vibration of the iPhone itself. A perfect sexual toy application would be able to store vibration patterns to suit the needs and mood of the user.

But more importantly, it will also receive them wirelessly, in real time: One iPhone running my hypothetical Shiny Shiny Sexual Toy™ would be able to control the other using a simple graphical user interface, over the network.

In this perfect sexual toy application, there will be a list of sexual partners you can play with across the internet. It will also allow to record sessions and also talk using the new Voice Over IP communication at the same time you are playing. Like the games demonstrated yesterday, but for adults.

And that's just the start. Imagine the possibilities of push notifications and Bluetooth peer-to-peer networking: Woman walks into airport lounge with the sexual toy app in "receive mode." Another iPhone sexual toy user is scanning the application and detects her in proximity, so he or she sends a notification, inviting her to play.

They don't have to get directly into the action, of course. Like Dr. Debby says, there are preliminaries, like in every sexual activity. This is where text chat, profiles, and avatars get into scene. A conversation will ensue and, if things get exciting, they can start playing using the vibration mode.

Of course, you are probably thinking, it's ok to play with the vibration mode in the iPhone itself if you are in the privacy of your home... but in public?

That's where the new Device Control interface and the Bluetooth connectivity comes in: The sexual toy would be able to turn the iPhone into the toy itself but it would also be capable of controlling compatible devices—small or big vibrators or chinese balls or whatever device you can think about.

Of course, there's the matter of doing this kind of things in public, but hey, I'm European, and you know we are all pervs there who love sex in public (and hey, you can always run into the bathroom, as long as you keep yourself within wireless range).

Sure, some will say that toy-aided cybersex is nothing compared to the real thing, but seriously, even while sometimes they are fun, one-night stands are just way too messy for me. Knowing that I'm having casual sex with someone in such close proximity will be a definitive turn on. And who knows, perhaps the start of something else. [Thanks for the inspiration, Debby]

And if any developer wants to do this, I can design the user interface.

Seriously....MMS, SMS delete/forward message, and C&P are well overdue. Only disappointing thing is NO VID!!! Perhaps they are ashamed by the picture quality.

New iPhone hardware this summer (in addition to new software)?

There are rumors that in addition to the new iPhone software planned for release this summer, there might be new iPhones as well (Apple Shows Off Next Version of iPhone Software - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com). I'm planning on getting one in August when I'm due for an upgrade with my AT&T plan, so I'd prefer to hold out for the newest version of the phone if it won't be too long coming.

Anyone heard such rumors?

just fyi kiddies, take real damn good care of your power cords. they look all sturdy and white and nice, but i've just paid nz$149 for a new magsafe one because it spent a bit too much time bent at funny angles.

yeah, those power cords are so expensive. for some reason the light is rarely on for mine or is sometimes just a very dim green. but it's still charging so i won't worry about how to spend nonexistent money just yet :pray:

yeah, those power cords are so expensive. for some reason the light is rarely on for mine or is sometimes just a very dim green. but it's still charging so i won't worry about how to spend nonexistent money just yet :pray:
i think the big issue is be very careful with it when you roll it up. i wasn't too careful when i packed it to drag it halfway around the world, and also make sure it doesn't twist too much when you're using your laptop in bed or whatever.

this is above and beyond the not shit care instructions like pull it out and plug it in by the plug, not the cord and so on.

of course, now that i've got a new one my old one is working just fine. i know it'll crap out later when i move it, but i'll keep it on hand for my desk or something.

i think the big issue is be very careful with it when you roll it up. i wasn't too careful when i packed it to drag it halfway around the world, and also make sure it doesn't twist too much when you're using your laptop in bed or whatever.

this is above and beyond the not shit care instructions like pull it out and plug it in by the plug, not the cord and so on.

of course, now that i've got a new one my old one is working just fine. i know it'll crap out later when i move it, but i'll keep it on hand for my desk or something.
i roll it up all normal like, as in i just wrap it around itself. i do try to keep it from getting bent because it bugs me when cords get like that. i had a job where the handset cord wrapped up in itself repeatedly. i was only the second person to use the phone in a years' time, so i don't know what they did. i could never get it unwrapped. oh well, no one uses the phone now so it's not like it matters.

i roll it up all normal like, as in i just wrap it around itself. i do try to keep it from getting bent because it bugs me when cords get like that. i had a job where the handset cord wrapped up in itself repeatedly. i was only the second person to use the phone in a years' time, so i don't know what they did. i could never get it unwrapped. oh well, no one uses the phone now so it's not like it matters.

:cute:

same here for keeping the cords straight, but ultimately if i'm laying in bed not paying attention to the cords first and foremost, it just happens. i also wrapped it around itself, but possibly too tight.

my cord had similar issues as yours with it claiming it wasn't charging or the light being fully charged, but i'd had those probs for some time, so that's probably a macbook thing.

same here for keeping the cords straight, but ultimately if i'm laying in bed not paying attention to the cords first and foremost, it just happens. i also wrapped it around itself, but possibly too tight.

my cord had similar issues as yours with it claiming it wasn't charging or the light being fully charged, but i'd had those probs for some time, so that's probably a macbook thing.
:cute: yourself there :D

damn you macbooks!

just fyi kiddies, take real damn good care of your power cords. they look all sturdy and white and nice, but i've just paid nz$149 for a new magsafe one because it spent a bit too much time bent at funny angles.

My housemate's power cord stopped working. She went to our local Apple Store, and they gave her a new one free of charge. I thought about going to pick one up just to have an extra. :D

My housemate's power cord stopped working. She went to our local Apple Store, and they gave her a new one free of charge. I thought about going to pick one up just to have an extra. :D
damn, i was just there today! oh well, it's not a big deal for me to make another trip. i might do that before i go out of the country. :hmm: did she need to bring the cord or anything? i've not even had my macbook a year :grumpy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom