New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is hilarious!

Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' campaign created with Macs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Metadata found on Microsoft's creative copy used in its 'I'm a PC' ad reveals that the graphics were actually produced using Macs running Adobe Creative Suite 3. After the details were published on the Flickr photo sharing site, Microsoft scrambled to polish off the embarrassing details last night

Microsoft's new ad features contrasts a "stereotyped PC user" dressed up like John Hodgman in Apple's Get a Mac ads with a number of people who say, "I'm a PC" apparently to affirm that they run Windows.

However, not even Microsoft itself can wean itself off the Mac, as the metadata discovered by Flickr user LuisDS points out. Microsoft was not only using Macs but also Adobe's software in place of its own Expressions Studio, which the company bills as software that "takes your creative possibilities to a new level."

:lol:

:lol: not the first time.... at the presentation of Windows vista, pics were taken.... the presentation was all on a macbook or so :eek:wned:

Here you go;

Macbook%20Ballmer%20GI.jpg

Priceless.

That's awesome. :lmao:

When I tried that yesterday morning it didn't work, but I tried it again before I went to bed after it had been plugged in for awhile and it worked then. Thank God.:love:

iTunes new update with "Genius" sidebar. I'm trying this out but not too sure about it. My Desert Island playlists are better than the playlists it recommends! :lol:

Apple is well on their way to being supreme douches of the world. I bought a 16gb ipod touch and really like it, then I went to go plug into into my car adapter and get the message - charging not supported with this accessory. Now I have to go out and buy another adapter if I ever want to listen to in my car. Sweet.

Aside from the extra two inches*, what's the advantage of the MacBook Pro vs the MacBook? And FYI - you can upgrade the white MacBook to the same exact specs of the black MacBook and save $100 by keeping the white case.

* size doesn't matter. :angry:

Aside from the extra two inches*, what's the advantage of the MacBook Pro vs the MacBook? And FYI - you can upgrade the white MacBook to the same exact specs of the black MacBook and save $100 by keeping the white case.

I don't know why black is worth $100 more than white, but hey, what do I know. :shrug:

The biggest difference between the MacBook and MacBook Pro, well, besides how incredibly cooler people with MacBook Pros are, is that the Pro has a much better graphics card - faster & more powerful processor, and dedicated memory. The MacBook's card shares its memory with the main memory, so depending on what you've got open your graphics will suffer. The Pro will also support larger external monitors and can drive both the laptop screen and an external monitor at the same time (another useful feature for photo/video editing).

I don't know why black is worth $100 more than white, but hey, what do I know. :shrug:

The biggest difference between the MacBook and MacBook Pro, well, besides how incredibly cooler people with MacBook Pros are, is that the Pro has a much better graphics card - faster & more powerful processor, and dedicated memory. The MacBook's card shares its memory with the main memory, so depending on what you've got open your graphics will suffer. The Pro will also support larger external monitors and can drive both the laptop screen and an external monitor at the same time (another useful feature for photo/video editing).

Thanks. It seems that the advantages are designed for people that use the computer for more than basic internet and document keeping. From an application perspective, they are the same - and that's really what's important to me. If the Pro had the upgraded RAM, CPU and graphics - along with Aperature and Final Cut, I'd look into the Pro. As it is, I'm fine with the regular MacBook. I'm pretty sure I'll get an apple laptop next year, so I'm really looking forward to what they do with the line. I've become an Apple snob, it's awesome.

I think I"d be fine with the regular macbook too. As long as I can use bootcamp and run photoshop, that's about the heaviest program I use, I'm fine.

And I'm definately getting a black one, I don't care if it's more expensive :wink:

You can't run Photoshop on a Mac? Really?

I'm curious to see if they get rid of the color schemes and go aluminum like the MacBook Air. I agree that the black looks better, but I'm a cheap ass so if I have to have a white one to save $100, I'll use the white one. Doesn't make me racist.

Photoshop has been around for Mac just as long as it has been for Windows.

Now if only it didn't cost $650 bucks. :angry:

Wait, I need a different version of photoshop for mac? :uhoh: Damn, I wanted to install mine on the mac partition...

I hope they don't go aluminium! It looks ugly to me!

And no beav, choosing the cheapest option doesn't make you a racist, only a cheapskate :wink:

Unfortunately, yeah - if all you've got is the Windows version then you're stuck using Windows. They should really have a discount program where you get a significant percentage off if you're buying the same program, but for a different platform than the one you already purchased.

That being said, I just ordered CS3 for Mac. And there goes the rest of my bonus check. :(

iTunes new update with "Genius" sidebar. I'm trying this out but not too sure about it. My Desert Island playlists are better than the playlists it recommends! :lol:
for real. while i'm listening to an album in particular, it's recommending i buy said album. but...i already have all the tracks. :der: they're even tagged the same.

and i am also getting recommendations for downloading the song i'm currently listening to because they have the title wrong on itunes.

Unfortunately, yeah - if all you've got is the Windows version then you're stuck using Windows. They should really have a discount program where you get a significant percentage off if you're buying the same program, but for a different platform than the one you already purchased.

That being said, I just ordered CS3 for Mac. And there goes the rest of my bonus check. :(

:crack: damn you Bill Gates!

:uhoh: I won't give any comments on the buying part tho...

It also actually has a disk drive, which is a plus for some people.

I wouldn't trade my MacBook Pro for anything else in the world... except for maybe Pee-wee's bicycle, but that's about it.

Bought an iPod Touch, 32gb about three weeks ago, and it is amazing. I can even read serious literature on it, it's great. Been reading Les Miserables whilst listening to music on the way in to uni and back. Definitely worth the money.

The MacBook has a disk drive, doesn't it? The MacBook Air doesn't though. I am unimpressed with the Air.

The regular MacBook does have a disk drive.

Fedex dropped off a package today. My MacBook Pro is here, and it is awesome. :drool:

And currently installing almost a gig's worth of software updates, so I'm stuck using my Mini until it's done. Woe is me! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom