New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but it's not like the MacBooks or MacBook Pros are lead bricks either, you know? Plus they have disc drives, which is a plus.

IMO, the MacAir would be great as a secondary unit. But I would not buy it. Then again for Kaf's needs, it looks like it would be a good application to have; Internet, iTunes, stalking, etc.

Btw, for Mac users, I found this great "widget" for your dashboard;

Harmonic
A simple, elegant, and easy to use lyrics widget. Features include:
- Downloads lyrics for songs as they play
- Saves lyrics in iTunes and makes them available on iPod
- Available in candy colors!

It is great.

Am I the only one who thinks a MacBook Air is a complete waste of money?

As others replied already, you're obviously not the only one.
Now if I were a gadget freak, or only use it for internet and typing, it'd be fantastic. But if you want some real prestations, the macbook air is just too thin for that.

True, but it's not like the MacBooks or MacBook Pros are lead bricks either, you know? Plus they have disc drives, which is a plus.
I'm tiny and weak, ok?? :angry:

Ok, not so much, but I'd prefer anything the least bulky and akward to carry. It's just a personal preference and I don't mind spending the $. Plus I don't have any use for all the extra stuff on a regular macbook. Anything is better than my piece of junk desktop PC :scream:

Then again for Kaf's needs, it looks like it would be a good application to have; Internet, iTunes, stalking, etc.
Dictionary: projection (prə-jĕk'shən)
8. Psychology.
The attribution of one's own attitudes, feelings, or suppositions to others.

I'm tiny and weak, ok?? :angry:

Ok, not so much, but I'd prefer anything the least bulky and akward to carry. It's just a personal preference and I don't mind spending the $. Plus I don't have any use for all the extra stuff on a regular macbook. Anything is better than my piece of junk desktop PC :scream:

Totally understandable. I think that if you get more for your money with a MacBook, even if it is a little bit bulkier by comparison, then it's worth going for that.

PCs. :happy:

Sup Guys! I'm now typing from my brand new macbook! :D
Gonna have to get used to it, will install xp on it but yea,it's hawt! :drool:

Gotta say the new colour is definately an improvement. Damn, I've never made so many typos in a sentence before!

:wink:

Well, I'll get used to osx soon enough, but until then, windows. And yea, I have photoshop for windows >< that sucks. and ALL my files are in windows!

k i just checked, it's by speck. it's worked well for me and they're easy to apply and remove. i got it since they're in a bunch of pretty colours but i'm not sure if you'd want a pink or purple laptop :wink:

:wink:

Well, I'll get used to osx soon enough, but until then, windows. And yea, I have photoshop for windows >< that sucks. and ALL my files are in windows!

You can run Bootcamp or something and have Windows on your Mac. It's insanity.

sure. btw here's the link for it on amazon.com, i was posting before from my phone :reject: so i couldn't post the link: Amazon.com: Speck MacBook 13" See-Thru Hard Case - BLUE - Fits all versions of 13" MacBooks: Electronics

anyway, here's some pics of it in action.
the top, with it closed:
2988415450_0105b1c72c.jpg

open (i'm only showing this to show that the case is only on the outside of the laptop):
2988417340_b613f2739d.jpg

the underside, closed:
2987559195_c952e811d3.jpg

btw, if you own a Macbook, Macrumors dot com is a GREAT forum for a variety of stuff regarding these units. All the way from technical questions, to reviews and suggestions on stuff like the ones we are talking about here.
Just try to stay away from the :nerd: stuff...it's like FYM here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom